• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Do you know if there's somewhere to find a tabular breakdown of what percentage of a certain player's goals were primary assisted by whom? Would be interesting.

i've looked into it before and ended up having to go to a site like TSN which listed their stats on a game by game basis then go to NHL.com and go game by game to see if it was primary or secondary and with whom.

it was irritating as hell.

edit: ooooh it's a bit easier going to espn to do it

So.... Kessel was a primary assist for 13 of the 50 goals by bozak/JVR and a secondary assist for 10 of them.... so not even half for any assist... and just over 20% for primaries

maybe i should see the assist patterns of Kessel's goals...

I lost my dog a month ago in very tragic fashion. It's been the worst month, and that day was the worst ever.

Slowly, I'm finding myself remembering all the things I loved about her, and not just hurting.

She was the best friend I ever had, and I miss her so much.

Big virtual brohugs coming at you. It sucks and it hurts, and that's okay.

Giggzy

I need to go home and adopt a dog

Anyone have experience owning a bigger dog that has high energy levels in an apartment? I want a dog that can accompany me on long (10+ mile) hikes and go camping with me, but I'm afraid of getting a dog like that without owning a home with a yard yet. I won't have the time to take him/her out for runs/walks every day due to a crazy schedule and I don't want to come home to a fucked up apartment

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh man those McDavid goals.... Why couldnt he have ended up in the East oh why...

tumblr_nqzt7gjdK21tok23uo1_500.png

Calamari41

41 > 38

Anyone have experience owning a bigger dog that has high energy levels in an apartment? I want a dog that can accompany me on long (10+ mile) hikes and go camping with me, but I'm afraid of getting a dog like that without owning a home with a yard yet. I won't have the time to take him/her out for runs/walks every day due to a crazy schedule and I don't want to come home to a fucked up apartment

I wouldn't do it if you can't take them out for exercise every day, or at least hire someone like a dog walker to do it for you. Not really fair for the dog, and they can develop health issues if they don't get enough exercise. For the most part, the kind of dog that is physically capable of going hiking all day with you won't be happy living in an apartment.

If you see yourself getting that home with a yard in the future, it would probably be best to wait until then.

Marvie_3

Banned

Wait til you get a house. Apartments arent good places for large dogs.

Thank you all for your support, it seriously means a lot to me, I don't have that much time posting here, even if I lurked for quite a while, but in that so little time you guys have already made me feel part of the community and I thank you for that too.

You would have liked him, I swear his most favorite thing in the world was eating hand sliced avocados, he enjoyed them so much, way more than any other treat or kind of food.

Here he is, quite a few years ago, way younger of course.

Oh I'm gonna miss that beautiful guy...

Sorry for your loss.

Giggzy

I wouldn't do it if you can't take them out for exercise every day, or at least hire someone like a dog walker to do it for you. Not really fair for the dog, and they can develop health issues if they don't get enough exercise. For the most part, the kind of dog that is physically capable of going hiking all day with you won't be happy living in an apartment.

If you see yourself getting that home with a yard in the future, it would probably be best to wait until then.

Wait til you get a house. Apartments arent good places for large dogs.

I figured this was the case from the little research I've done so far, I just didn't want to hear it :( lol

I'm a good 2-3 years off from getting my own mortgage so I'll wait. A few years really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things and I want to make sure I do it correctly.

I'll settle for a Tamagotchi until then.

Cactus

Banned
Massive contract, but, barring injury, I expect him to be elite for the next 8 years. Way better than the O'Reilly deal.

Quick

Banned
Hey Pikma, just wanted to say condolences for your loss.

That's the trouble with owning dogs - they don't live as long as us, and what do they do the entire time they're alive? They love us unconditionally. They're expensive as hell to maintain, but boy is it worth it, especially when you come home after a bad day and you see their stupid faces ready to give you all the love they can.

Cherish the memories, and don't you ever forget him.

St. Louis only saved about 500k in cap space in the Oshie deal (though Brouwer is in his contract year). Backes also has one more year on his deal.

They've got a lot of talent but not a lot of cap space at the moment. 3 more years of Statsny at $7M will hamper Shattenkirk and Steen's new contracts, as they're both up before Statsny's ends.

It helps that they have less than $5M total spent on their goalies, but are they going to win a Cup with Allen and Elliott?

FOOTE

St. Louis only saved about 500k in cap space in the Oshie deal (though Brouwer is in his contract year). Backes also has one more year on his deal.

They've got a lot of talent but not a lot of cap space at the moment. 3 more years of Statsny at $7M will hamper Shattenkirk and Steen's new contracts, as they're both up before Statsny's ends.

It helps that they have less than $5M total spent on their goalies, but are they going to win a Cup with Allen and Elliott?

Elis won't be here much longer so Allen will have to progress quickly if they're going to improve.

The rumours of 22 being traded kill me. Management needs to tread lightly if they like working for the Blues.

Thank God we resigned Senko. Still hurts to lose Oshie but this is the guy we need to keep. If he plays like he should we might have a superstar locked up.

Elis won't be here much longer so Allen will have to progress quickly if they're going to improve.

The rumours of 22 being traded kill me. Management needs to tread lightly if they like working for the Blues.

2 more years of Elliott. He's 30 and Allen is 24. I can see a cheap veteran replace Elliott down the road but I agree a lot is riding on Allen stepping up.

Shattenkirk will be expensive if he plays like he did last season. He could easily command $7-8M on the open market and is only 26. Blues would get a considerable return if he was traded (see Yandle).

Guys, I have been spending time with my son. Only posting when I have time. What's new? Kings resigned McBain.

Oh and I have a bruised bone and it legit hurts more than any break I have ever had.

Try breaking a femur.

Been there, done that. Broken both arms in a car accident. Broken femur while I was Snowboarding. Got grazed by a bullet in Iraq (it took a chunk of meat with it). A piece of a table hit me in the head after it was blown out of the 5th story window. Ended up with stitches and concussed.

This leg is up there in pain because I have to walk around on it.

Top Bottom