• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

CJaQebzUkAADhHo.jpg:large

:lol

Haha

Tabris

I didn't follow it totally closely, but I liked the way Dion Phaneuf has talked to the media over the last couple of years in the interviews I've seen. That's at least one good attribute to him being a captain.

Phil Kessel was awful. Yes, TO media is horrible, but Phil Kessel just made the situation that much more worse instead of handling it like Phaneuf does.

I guess Dutchie didn't get the updated jersey yet. #RIPYetiFoot
He knows better. Fuck that C.
I didn't follow it totally closely, but I liked the way Dion Phaneuf has talked to the media over the last couple of years in the interviews I've seen. That's at least one good attribute to him being a captain.

Phil Kessel was awful. Yes, TO media is horrible, but Phil Kessel just made the situation that much more worse instead of handling it like Phaneuf does.
No one could reasonably expect any person to deal well with the shit show that is the Toronto media. Not that Denver's sports media would be any better if hockey was ever the main sports attraction here.

Erdrick

So we signed Eric Tangradi.....

Ok then.

He played really well for the Bulldogs when he was here anyways

He was merely a plug to fill the roster here in Winnipeg. His work ethic was suspect as well and at the beginning of the season last year, they got rid of him pretty fast. He was just mediocre in all aspects.

I guess if they wanted to bolster their AHL team, maybe, but he's essentially useless at an NHL level.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He was merely a plug to fill the roster here in Winnipeg. His work ethic was suspect as well and at the beginning of the season last year, they got rid of him pretty fast. He was just mediocre in all aspects.

I guess if they wanted to bolster their AHL team, maybe, but he's essentially useless at an NHL level.
I think that's what they're doing, he was useless here when he was on the big club, but like I said, he's a good addition for an AHL team, he thrives down there.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've got gifs and photos turned off on mobile GAF but 90% of the ones you guys posted decided to show up anyway.

Nylander's prepubescent face is taking up all my bandwidth.

Bigras said it's his goal to make the Avs this season, hope he does so we can get rid of some dead weight.

Beauchemin-Johnson
Zadorov-Barrie
Bigras-Stuart

Much better than last season, though that says little.

It makes the entire sweater feel like homogenized bullshit. I like the old one a lot but I'm not opposed to something new. This something new sucks.

It's the jersey and its pattern that are bad, they need a complete redesign. Would be interesting to swap blue as our primary color and make burgundy the complimentary color.

Syrinx

Sergey Tolchinsky is the one guy in Canes rookie camp everybody is talking about aside from Hanifin. Would like to see him make the team to start the season; we could really use a skilled guy like him.

Quick

Banned

Tabris would be excusing the shit show of the Toronto media.

But no, the "problem with the media" wasn't even a big deal until now that he's gone and the vultures are out to feast. A lot of them got salty over Phil calling them out for unfair treatment of Phaneuf last season. He also didn't make himself available to the media a couple of times, but that was a real non-story until after that video I posted, and now it's all they want to keep tagging on him.

iLLmAtlc

Man Simmons is such a gutless hack. This guy is gonna criticize a 35 goal scorer for being lazy when he can't even get his facts right? The fuck?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Talking about him non stop is exactly what he wants. Everyone knows he's a garbage writer. Ignore him and stop giving him the clicks and attention he's looking for. He's basically Toronto's version of Tabris.

Razorskin

----- ------
Talking about him non stop is exactly what he wants. Everyone knows he's a garbage writer. Ignore him and stop giving him the clicks and attention he's looking for. He's basically Toronto's version of Tabris.

This, it's sad seeing you guys getting worked over by a troll.

There are a group of people manually tracking passes in the NHL, who just today published their data, available in handy tableau form:

Forwards: https://public.tableau.com/profile/publish/PassingDataForwards/PlayerChart#!/publish-confirm

Defense: https://public.tableau.com/profile/...singDataDefense/PlayerChart#!/publish-confirm

And the glossary:

zMEt4Hu.gif

Essentially it measures how much a player is contributing to offense through passing (and some of the metrics include both passes and actual shot attempts made by that player)

*checks David Desharnais*

*cries*

There are a group of people manually tracking passes in the NHL, who just today published their data, available in handy tableau form:

Essentially it measures how much a player is contributing to offense through passing (and some of the metrics include both passes and actual shot attempts made by that player)
Tyson Barrie though.

Forwards: https://public.tableau.com/profile/publish/PassingDataForwards/PlayerChart#!/publish-confirm

Defense: https://public.tableau.com/profile/...singDataDefense/PlayerChart#!/publish-confirm

And the glossary:

zMEt4Hu.gif

*looks at DDs*

doc.gif

how the fuck is this guy our 1C

tNjSHrh.png

Interesting.

ak3drTr.png

hmm

He played really well for the Bulldogs when he was here anyways

Yeah, I don't know what the point of this was. AHL roster filler maybe?

Yeah, that's what it seems to be, no way he will make our opening roster with how many forwards we have, might see a shot with injuries, but it seems more like an AHL roster spot if he did play well down their last year.

LOL Babcock. Welcome to the Babcockian era fellas. You'll never see your young players ever again... until they're 30.

LOLOLOLOLOL, Never change Babs, never change.

And the glossary:

zMEt4Hu.gif

This site just makes me sad that I want Jared Spurgeon to get traded.

Ryan Suter's bars were real nice tho.

Zadorov is pretty bad, though he was playing on the worst team in the league while being a young defenseman. Excited to see how he does on the Avs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As an example, here's Tanner Glass's chart:

flCF9bh.gif

CC%: Tanner Glass is almost never involved in his team's offense while he's on the ice (he isn't making passes which lead to shooting attempts, nor is he shooting the puck

CC/60 rank: On average, through 60 minutes, Glass is not generating very much offense

Composite SAG/60 rank: Tanner Glass is not making very many passes over 60 minutes that lead to shot attempts

Composite SG/60 rank: Tanner Glass is not making very many passes over 60 minutes that lead to shots

Entry Assists/60: Tanner Glass is marginally better at passing the puck to a player who enters the offensive zone than anything else he does. But still horrible at it.

SC SAG/60 rank: Over 60 minutes,Tanner Glass does not send many passes to home plate, which then lead to a shot attempt

SCC/60 rank: Tanner Glass doesn't do a good job at the above, or at shooting in home plate

SCC% rank: I think this is measuring the percent of his team's scoring chances Tanner Glass is involved in while he's on the ice, but I could be wrong.

#wearealltannerglass

Top Bottom