• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

1.png

Not bad for a dinosaur.

Jagr is immortal. When his time ends with Florida can Montreal have him Dubbed?

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/07/08/unsigned-nhl-free-agents-likely-to-retire-sergei-gonchar-daniel-briere-ray-emery

Good Bye Gonch and Maybe Olli?

Horvat's numbers are pretty atrocious (small sample size?), but mitigated by Hansen's high numbers.

Prust has better numbers than Kassian. Fleeced!

Edler has better numbers than Tanev.

Sbisa has garbage numbers, as expected.

Many Avalanche fans hoped the team would sign Andrej Sekera or Paul Martin to help on defense. And know what? Roy bluntly admits he also wanted those players, but the Avs' refusal to offer more than a three-year contract to a free agent eliminated them in pursuit of Sekera, who signed for six years and $33 million with Edmonton, or Martin, who got four years and $19.4 million from San Jose.
... I'm not as pissed off by their reasoning as I thought I'd be.

dem

There is a lot of talk on Edmonton radio that they are pushing hard to trade for Seabrook.

Highly doubtful.. But we can dream I guess

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Marc Crawford was at the Habs development camp today, kind of odd unless they plan on bringing onto management in some capacity. I believe he was one of the guys in the running for the HC job when Bergevin came to town.

my entire twitter feed is blowing up with NBA related things and I don't understand any of it :lol

help me kave!

Someone who can't make free throws is being held hostage from signing a deal with a new team so that the losingest organization in sports history can pay said failure at free throwing all the money. And Mark Cuban.

zroid

Banned
Someone who can't make free throws is being held hostage from signing a deal with a new team so that the losingest organization in sports history can pay said failure at free throwing all the money. And Mark Cuban.

A bunch of millionaires are building cushion forts and threatening to throw water balloons at Mark Cuban.

:lol

also I've seen that one Blake Griffin tweet quoted roughly 10000 times already

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't think NHL media would be able to handle such tomfoolery like with Deandre Jordan if this happened with Stamkos next year.

What's the cliff notes on the nba drama?

Deandre Jordan last week verbally committed to signing with the Dallas Mavericks, a rival team. According to a moratorium during the first week of Free Agency, a player cannot sign to make it official until July 9th.

His former teammates and coaches did not take this lightly, and decided to lobby him to re-sign with the Clippers, his original team. The players are still at his house convincing him to come back, even after the verbal commitment.

This is not necessarily taboo, but is in bad form as Verbal agreements and agreements in principle serve a purpose for the rest of the NBA to continue to make moves and deals. If a verbal commitment doesn't hold weight anymore, business breaks down.

Jordan is now on the verge of signing back with his original team.

Is that better?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Steve Ballmer bought the wrong fucking basketball team

just tear it up and move the team to Seattle

They should have moved to Anaheim a decade or so ago when the city approached them about it. They could have made a nice niche for themselves down here, rather than having to share the Staples Center with the Lakers.

They should have moved to Anaheim a decade or so ago when the city approached them about it. They could have made a nice niche for themselves down here, rather than having to share the Staples Center with the Lakers.

Hey, you ever go to one of the old Anaheim Bullfrog roller hockey games? That shit was dope.

Clips should have moved to OC years ago, but Sterling wanted to be LA guy. That team needs its own city.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey, you ever go to one of the old Anaheim Bullfrog roller hockey games? That shit was dope.

Clips should have moved to OC years ago, but Sterling wanted to be LA guy. That team needs its own city.

Oh man, that brings me back! I never went, but I remember they advertised at the Ducks games all the time. Wish I had gone, but I was in elementary school while they were active so I didn't have much agency as far as that kind of thing went. I would totally go if they were around today.

Oh man, that brings me back! I never went, but I remember they advertised at the Ducks games all the time. Wish I had gone, but I was in elementary school while they were active so I didn't have much agency as far as that kind of thing went. I would totally go if they were around today.

I was in college at the time and it was the perfect place to go see hockey because it was like $10 and the beers weren't expensive. Not a ton of fans but those that went were really into it. Was a great time. Just looked it up... that was 20 years ago OMG.

Top Bottom