• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

This isn't correct.

It is for the west side and some of LA proper the east side is usually the hottest area. The 50's and 60's had heat waves but it cooled out until the 90's. Average summer temp was in the 70's. DTLA is usually 5 degrees hotter than the basin too. Over the past 20 years tempts have risen like 10 degrees.

The average in July, August, and September is now in the 80's.

San Fernando has always been asshole hot.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It is for the west side and some of LA proper the east side is usually the hottest area. The 50's and 60's had heat waves but it cooled out until the 90's. Average summer temp was in the 70's. DTLA is usually 5 degrees hotter than the basin too. Over the past 20 years tempts have risen like 10 degrees.

The average in July, August, and September is now in the 80's.

San Fernando has always been asshole hot.

You're right when including the west side, but that has only really existed since like the 30's or 40's. My grandma used to tell me that her mother couldn't understand at the time why they were building UCLA out in the middle of nowhere.

I was thinking of Bunker Hill, Silverlake, Boyle Heights etc as historic LA, which along with the valley had always been hotter than ~70-80 in the summer.

The Valley most of all. My mom grew up in Burbank and tells me that my grandpa used to sleep on the porch sometimes.

E-DuB

FYuVpCt.jpg
i2eUkOCR6Nk3e.gif

Now that's satisfying.

Double edit: salute and respect to Iwata. This is still such a young industry that it'll be something heavy when our video game gods pass on.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even know that Iwata's condition was that serious in the first place, much less that his health issues were still ongoing.

Fuck cancer.

Pikma

Banned
Oh my god, things like him not attending E3 always seemed weird to me but I did not expect this at all. Just found out... damn it...

Rest in Peace.

I just feel like crap. I haven't cried this much in a very long time. Ugh and tomorrow's my birthday too. I hope I can cheer up. I don't wanna be a Debbie Downer on my birthday

I think I'm gonna lie down

zroid

Banned
I just feel like crap. I haven't cried this much in a very long time. Ugh and tomorrow's my birthday too. I hope I can cheer up. I don't wanna be a Debbie Downer on my birthday

:(

play some games that he worked on tomorrow, it's the best way to remember his legacy. Like Balloon Fight, EarthBound, Kirby's Adventure, or something.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
quebecarena_zpsuwfxoclh.jpg~original

someone brought this up: (quebec arena)

the creases aren't to QMJHL specs... they're at NHL/AHL specs

QMJHL uses the old big creases... apparently the rempart logos weren't painted on, either. they're just vinyl sheets.

maybe quebec is on standby?

Also for those out of the loop... the depositions of city staff by the coyotes were canceled and the city of glendale is hosting an executive session tomorrow with zero public details... outside of this:

“A. The City Council will meet with the City Attorney for legal advice, discussion and consultation regarding the city’s position in pending or contemplated litigation, including settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation. (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)(4))

“B. Council will meet to discuss and consider records exempt by law from public inspection and are specifically required to be maintained as confidential by state or federal law. (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4))”

A.R.S. § 38-431.03 (A)(3)(4) for reference:

“(iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3));

“(iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4));”

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

:(

I'm feeling depressed too, his death has hit me hard, the good always die young :(

Quick

Banned

QMJHL uses the old big creases... apparently the rempart logos weren't painted on, either. they're just vinyl sheets.

Or, they wanted to get promo shots out for the new arena and for the Remparts for the upcoming season.

I'm pretty sure most arenas have different boards to adhere to different league specs for possible international and different league rules.

NHL teams don't usually paint their ice surface until September before pre-season games.

Yawnier

Banned

For qmjhl standards, this would be a beautiful arena compared to some of the ones they got in northern quebec.

Quick

Banned
Last Week Tonight's main story tonight is sports stadiums, with the Red Wings' new arena being a footnote, but the Coyotes/Glendale situation being brought up.

I never really had to think about the details of stadium deals, but holy shit, that part of the show just made me realize how scummy owners can be with just arena deals with their cities.

Last Week Tonight's main story tonight is sports stadiums, with the Red Wings' new arena being a footnote, but the Coyotes/Glendale situation being brought up.

I never really had to think about the details of stadium deals, but holy shit, that part of the show just made me realize how scummy owners can be with just arena deals with their cities.

How in sweet Christ are you just now realizing that? Had no idea that dumb Glendale mayor let that stupid lady taze him for charity either.

It's always made me pretty fucking pissy that these teams require so much from the public. No one is worse than the NFL but every sport is absolutely disgusting about it.

Quick

Banned
How in sweet Christ are you just now realizing that? Had no idea that dumb Glendale mayor let that stupid lady taze him for charity either.

It's always made me pretty fucking pissy that these teams require so much from the public. No one is worse than the NFL but every sport is absolutely disgusting about it.

More the matter of not really thinking about it. I figured it's bad, but how the story just unfolded in the episode really made me think about it in great detail.

Jachaos

Oh my god, things like him not attending E3 always seemed weird to me but I did not expect this at all. Just found out... damn it...

Rest in Peace.

That sucks, damn.

But he dedicated his life to help people smile in these exact situations. A legend of our craft. You'll be able to bounce back, I have in the past and know that we can always look forward to bright days.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Or, they wanted to get promo shots out for the new arena and for the Remparts for the upcoming season.

I'm pretty sure most arenas have different boards to adhere to different league specs for possible international and different league rules.

NHL teams don't usually paint their ice surface until September before pre-season games.

Is that Jaromir Jager hair on Kessel?

Pikma

Banned
Happy birthday CreeperBlocks!

I know we're going through tough times but life always finds reasons to have us celebrate, and today that reason is your birthday, enjoy it! Go out, do things you enjoy, spend some time with the people you enjoy being with, have fun!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I notice he didn't mention MSG's $50+ million annual property tax break or the city's attempt to move the arena in 8 years time despite the fact that it just completed a $1 billion overhaul.

Of course, he is also a Rangers fan. :D

Happy birthday CreeperBlocks!

I know we're going through tough times but life always finds reasons to have us celebrate, and today that reason is your birthday, enjoy it! Go out, do things you enjoy, spend some time with the people you enjoy being with, have fun!

Thanks! I'm a lot better now, I'm still sad about the situation but I'm feeling much better.

Happy Birthday to Meeee

Hurray

Didn't see Iwata coming, but also don't really have an emotional connection to Nintendo or him. Always feel dissociated about the names behind the games, and I'm all the more poorer for it.

Sorry to see you all going through this :(

Happy birthday Creeperblocks! Are you... like... 19 now or something?

Also Happy Birthday Marvie!

Top Bottom