• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Calamari41

41 > 38
Er, Ralph Baer died way back in December.

Highest profile as in the young, active President/CEO of one of the big three gaming companies and a legendary designer/programmer as well. This isn't the same thing as a pioneer of the industry dying of old age at 92. While sad, Ralph Baer's death wasn't a tragedy like this is.

Kind of like the difference between Miyamoto dying after 20 years of retirement vs Miyamoto dying right after completing Mario 64.

zroid

Banned

8INhMFd.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wasn't someone trying to argue that the Leafs' new bottom six could replace Kessel's goals using that same math?

Was me, but it was 4th line plus kessel's direct replacement...to replace kessels stats from last year (which was 25 goals)

All players (on our team) who basically only contribute to the offensive stat sheet and had little to no (or negative impact) on defense.

I also added the caveat that other players needed to have career years.

Cake Boss

Banned
Was me, but it was 4th line plus kessel's direct replacement...to replace kessels stats from last year (which was 25 goals)

All players (on our team) who basically only contribute to the offensive stat sheet and had little to no (or negative impact) on defense.

I also added the caveat that other players needed to have career years.

The problem is that if you want to be in the same place as last year, you only need to replace 25 goals, but if you want to improve in standings, you need to find another 10-15 goals.

Plus your not taking into the account that it was Kessel's 25 goals+ the 4th liners that were playing last season and not just kessel himself you need to replace with 4th liners.

And your not taking into account of what type of goals that he scored, usually against the other teams top pairing while the 4th liners scored that against shittier dman. And your not taking into account that he lead your team with 61 points and made everyone around him more effective, and so much other shit you need to take into account.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The problem is that if you want to be in the same place as last year, you only need to replace 25 goals, but if you want to improve in standings, you need to find another 10-15 goals.

Plus your not taking into the account that it was Kessel's 25 goals+ the 4th liners that were playing last season and not just kessel himself you need to replace with 4th liners.

And your not taking into account of what type of goals that he scored, usually against the other teams top pairing while the 4th liners scored that against shittier dman. And your not taking into account that he lead your team with 61 points and made everyone around him more effective, and so much other shit you need to take into account.

Seriously, dude. I did say in my original posts I wasn't aware what the impact Kessel leaving would have on his linemates. I was saying as long as all other things remained equal, technically they could replace those goals.

I was merely making a case for the fact Leafs still have potential to be a playoffs team due to the remaining talent on the team... merely as concern we'd botch our rebuild if babcock actually has the team do things in the defensive zone. Reminder that our first line had a +/- into the -30s. Also... the 4th line never really existed. Leafs were usually using 7 D and rolling a higher lined player onto the 4th line. It's not a very efficient use of players on roster.

I wasn't trying to frame it as the leafs potential for success, it was more of a lack of confidence our roster is thin enough to ensure we draft high.

In your mind, when they're officially going through a rebuild, what is the leafiest thing you could think of the team doing?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I love you cake boss!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers finally re-signed an important RFA!

It's...Oscar Lindberg. Well, at least it's a step in the right direction. Please kindly start signing your free agents, Gorton.

Foggy

tHc3McF.gif

Solo

I love our crappy GM's offseason plan of doing nothing. Habs miss the playoffs next year if the team is the same and Price has a normal year.

imBask

Banned
I love our crappy GM's offseason plan of doing nothing. Habs miss the playoffs next year if the team is the same and Price has a normal year.

we'll be fine, we just need a little more punch offensively and we'll do just fine.

If we end up sucking, Therrien will lose is job so it's a win-win

imBask

Banned
I don't know if we really need THAT much more or if we have it but it's being cockblocked by Therrien's dump-and-don't-chase system... we do need a good center though

and Galchenbust needs to grow up

dem

Why is everyone going so crazy about reddit lady being fired?

I can't even fathom how people are so upset over this.

Top Bottom