• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Of course, EA had to go and put that beautiful Kessel goal in the latest trailer. I noticed it during my first viewing.

Oh well, he was toxic. He's going to be great in Pittsburgh, but he needed to go.

iLLmAtlc

Papa%20OMoney.png

Wonder what this is about...

Also this is the problem here. If I pulled something like that my dad would whoop my ass

Quick

Banned
Following up on Jack Johnson declaring bankruptcy last year, he might've gotten himself involved in a Ponzi scheme.

I only say "might" because it isn't 100% confirmed it's Jack Johnson, but it's pretty much 90% him.

ALLEN and DAUB also sought to conceal their fraud by falsely telling investors that Athlete 6 was making payments, and that his loan was performing as expected. On or about November 21,2014, for example, DAUB sent an e-mail to investors with the subject, “[Athlete 6] loan.” The e-mail was signed “Will and Sue.” In it, ALLEN and DAUB falsely told investors, “Our loan with [Athlete 6] is performing as expected. All payments have been made in full and on time.” In fact, as both ALLEN and DAUB knew, Athlete 6 had declared bankruptcy and had not made all payments on time and in full.

Calamari41

41 > 38
God damn it, I went to buy 20 Kindle Fires and then it turned out that it's one per customer. Bullshit!

Edit: Never mind, you can just order it alone multiple times.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Starting to fiend for some hockey

Of course, EA had to go and put that beautiful Kessel goal in the latest trailer. I noticed it during my first viewing.

Oh well, he was toxic. He's going to be great in Pittsburgh, but he needed to go.
People speaking about Kessel like this is part of why his return was so low.

Foggy

He better end up with a few Cup rings because hes going to need something to pawn in a few years.

Considering Papa Saad was the one really pushing for a payday now instead of a bridge deal, maybe there's something rotten in Denmark. Oh well, at least Saad has those rings ready...

Red_Man

Mark Cuban just invested in a hockey / sports analytics group based in Montreal called SportLogiq. They analyze the Habs quite a bit, and it seems like a pretty big deal if a guy as big as Cuban is investing in it.

Also:

Oduya has indeed signed a contract with a team. Will be announced at 11 et.

Dallas?

Buffalo?

Stay tuned.

It sucks, but there are too many stories about Kessel's work ethic and personality issues for them to be ignored.

Unless you run a blog/twitter account, and then every story that paints Phil in a positive light is taken as Gospel.

zroid

Banned
Mark Cuban just invested in a hockey / sports analytics group based in Montreal called SportLogiq. They analyze the Habs quite a bit, and it seems like a pretty big deal if a guy as big as Cuban is investing in it.

The guy who used to run Habs EOTP works for Sportlogiq now I believe

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Also:

The guy who used to run Habs EOTP works for Sportlogiq now I believe

Yeah Andrew Berkshire left EOTP about a week ago to officially work for Sportlogiq.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Apparently Oduya signed somewhere and it's about to be made official. Spector was projecting it to be Dallas or Buffalo.

calder

Settle the fuck down, Dallas. I much preferred it when the Stars were just upgrading the forwards and leaving their defense so terrible it wouldn't matter anyway.

Parch

It hasn't been a windfall for the UFA's this season. We've seen gross overpayments in previous years, but UFA contracts have been reasonable this year. Even a few bargains.

All about the cap. If you're handcuffed because of previously giving generous undeserved contracts, you're screwed now. No cap room to do anything and extremely difficult to give away your bad contracts.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently there's a Nash for Marleau rumor out there? At least one of my coworkers (who is a Devils fan) came by and was like "Nash for Marleau, huh? What do you think?"

And I'm like "huh?"

Red_Man

Apparently there's a Nash for Marleau rumor out there? At least one of my coworkers (who is a Devils fan) came by and was like "Nash for Marleau, huh? What do you think?"

And I'm like "huh?"
It's straight from Eklund's twitter account. Tell your coworker to stop being dumb.

zroid

Banned
That Kesler contract is a monster

I think he's way too old to be getting that much term at that AAV. already signs he's declining, iirc.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That Kesler contract is a monster

I think he's way too old to be getting that much term at that AAV. already signs he's declining, iirc.

He was by far our playoff MVP this past season. Even if he's not in his absolute prime, he's worth it as far as I'm concerned. If we get a Cup in the coming years, he will be instrumental in making it happen.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Yikes @ that Kesler deal. His body's been breaking down for the last couple of years. No way he's worth almost $7 million for the majority of that time.

Quick

Banned
Starting to fiend for some hockey

I started going on r/hockey just to get my hockey fix. The place is pretty bad. Pictures of fucking cakes and shit.

Ever since he got traded, he's become an even more polarizing subject.

It sucks, but there are too many stories about Kessel's work ethic and personality issues for them to be ignored.

Unless you run a blog/twitter account, and then every story that paints Phil in a positive light is taken as Gospel.

I acknowledge both sides of how Phil Kessel is painted, but calling him "toxic" is such a hivemind response that comes straight from asshats like Simmons.

calder

Oh God it's terrible

Dude is 31 in a month

That's the sort of deal a team gives out when they realize their cap is fucked in 3-4 years anyway. They'll either be tearing down a Cup finalist/winner or blowing up a Sharksian never-was before that's half done regardless.

Oduya turned down 3x5 in Buffalo to take 2x3.75 in Dallas? Did he really want to stay in the West or something?

That Kesler deal is like Callahan's: way too much term for an aging physical player. The Ducks are okay cap-wise for now, but what about in a couple years when their young studs need new deals? They're obviously going all-in, with Perry and Getzlaf already 30.

Foggy

Alright, I know this is premature but who do you think will be in 2016 Stanley Cup Finals?

I'm gonna say Stars vs Rangers maybe Calgary vs Columbus

Hey now. Lumbus' defense won't get them there this year, but I'm hoping at least for a series win in the playoffs.

As the reigning supreme loser in the playoff pick-em, I'll go with Tampa Bay vs Anaheim.

Edit: Oduya only got signed for 2 years/$7 million? So was that 3yr/15mil offer from Buffalo just a rumor?

zroid

Banned
Special Advisor Dave Nonis must have done the negotiations on that one

haha it does feel like a Nonis contract

well like Calamari said if they win their cup in the next 1-2 years I guess they won't mind

aka we're not worried about years 4, 5, and 6

Top Bottom