• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

CJ5apPbWoAAfKTc.jpg

Talbot.

Soo.... he's going to be the starting goalie right? and Scrivens is the back up?

Quick

Banned
Some new goalie equipment:

Talbot with Oilers gear (to add to Coldnoodle's post):

CJ5UYgfXAAAUO-N.jpg:large

Lou:

CJ5JgSBUsAA3Zlb.jpg

Fleury:

CJ46FxiUsAAPAK6.jpg:medium

CJ5LJFOUwAAJNVo.jpg:small

I'm not a massive equipment nerd or anything, but it's interesting to see CCM pads associated with Luongo and Fleury, since they've both been using Reebok pads for the longest time. Did CCM take over Reebok's goalie equipment or something?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Emerson Etem's contract is a 1 year, $850.5k deal. Basically, he signed his qualifying offer.
Oscar Lindberg's contract is 2 years, $650k AAV.

Interestingly (in the case of Lindberg), both are one-way deals.

iLLmAtlc

That gif is pretty sick, Kessels shot is just inside the post.

Also I'm on board with the ROR hate train but one thing I didn't really like was Avs saying nobody should make more than Duchene. That works if the guy is the best of the best like Lidstrom, but Duchene? He hasn't even accomplished anything noteworthy yet. Not even a scoring title. Seems like you could miss out on a lot of good players like that.

Also I'm on board with the ROR hate train but one thing I didn't really like was Avs saying nobody should make more than Duchene. That works if the guy is the best of the best like Lidstrom, but Duchene? He hasn't even accomplished anything noteworthy yet. Not even a scoring title. Seems like you could miss out on a lot of good players like that.

That's not a thing, they were willing to pay him more than Duchene, they just didn't wan to pay him 7.5-8 million. They were going to give Stastny 6.75 last year and MacKinnon will break that soon anyway.

Razorskin

----- ------

Next year it'll be "nobody should make more than Tyson Barrie"

I see. My mistake in that case, but I thought I heard Roy or sakic say it lol

I think a couple years ago they had such a salary structure, but they've since abandoned it. Maybe they realized it was stupid.

Next year it'll be "nobody should make more than Tyson Barrie"

Barrie is going to get paid. Hopefully not too much...

More interested in what Johnson settles on, hopefully that gets done this summer.

Fei

The ROR hate train on this board was a little silly until yesterday (stages of grief, I guess). Now the guy has earned it. The worst is some Sabres fans on local radio defending being a bit tipsy and driving. That's the whole problem right there.

Top Bottom