• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
Edit: Oduya only got signed for 2 years/$7 million? So was that 3yr/15mil offer from Buffalo just a rumor?

I can't wait for the articles from the Buffalo media slamming Oduya now.

"Dude's from Sweden...but he's black! What else is he lying about?"

I guess he really wanted to stick to the west.

Foggy

I started going on r/hockey just to get my hockey fix. The place is pretty bad. Pictures of fucking cakes and shit.

image.php

Fei

I can't wait for the articles from the Buffalo media slamming Oduya now.

"Dude's from Sweden...but he's black! What else is he lying about?"

Quick pls

I'm actually not upset about losing out on Oduya. Analytics guys pointing to his decline got me worried we'd give him a bigger term.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Dreger's reporting that Kesler has a full NMC clause for the first five years of the deal, a limited NTC in the final year.

Term, money, and a NMC? Jeez.

calder

Haha damn I'm so unobservant - it only just occurred to me after seeing the Kessel gif like 40 times that he scores against the Leafs. EA are such masterful trolls in their sports trailers.

Damn, that Ryan Kesler deal is a little rich.

He got extended 6 years for $41.25 million ($6.875 AAV)

PLUS No Movement Clause first 5 years of the extension and limited no movement clause the 6th year

Usually you can lower the money by offering more security, but looks like he got both, unless he was looking for something in the 7 million range.

Oh well, he was probably the one working the hardest in he playoffs. He visibly gave a shit about trying to win.

He played physical but didn't seem like he was overdoing it. Looks like he played 81 games in the season fairly effectively, didn't seem hobbled at all. Maybe Cogliano is giving him training tips to be in Cog shape.

I suppose the Kesler extension isn't that bad if the cap goes up, plus it's not like the Ducks are cap-strapped.

They will need new contracts for Vatanen, Lindholm, and Despres in 2016, along with all three of their goalies (I assume Gibson is kept). Out of their forwards, I can see Silfverberg and Hagelin getting paid (RFA), but other than that no one is making bank.

That's still almost $24M for Perry, Getzlaf, and Kesler though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dreger's reporting that Kesler has a full NMC clause for the first five years of the deal, a limited NTC in the final year.

Term, money, and a NMC? Jeez.
That's a bad deal. If they get a cup out of it, I guess it's worth it, but man at his age that is a lot of term and money.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Plekanec has more points that Kesler in the last 4 seasons while playing some of the top PK minutes and playing with 1254 different wingers and under Therriens garbage system.

How much is he going to want on his next contract?

Samyy

I think that's a pretty bad deal for the Ducks, don't they have a ton of players needing new deals next summer?

Especially with the Canadian economy being shitty I don't see the Cap going up that much at all.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Losing Kesler to the free market next year would do more damage to the Ducks than overpaying a bit and having him for maybe a year too long.

Who do we put at 2C if he walks? There's nobody.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Plekanec has more points that Kesler in the last 4 seasons while playing some of the top PK minutes and playing with 1254 different wingers and under Therriens garbage system.

Plekanec isn't "gritty" and doesn't play with enough "heart".

Parch

Too much. For a while now I've been thinking the Plekanec negotiations are going to be a concern this year. And also why I'd be seriously looking to trade him right now.

It's not going to be good if all the Habs get out of this is rental return at the trade deadline, or nothing at all when he goes UFA.

Quick

Banned
Quick, are you available for a GM position?

I'm the Ducks GM in NHL 15. I won a Cup and secured a bunch of high draft picks by trading Kesler and a few roster players that have turned into budding elite talent with EA Sports' Realistic GM Mechanics.

If that isn't a resume, then I don't know what is.

I bought a PSTV

I like it. I bought it because I didn't wanna buy a Vita You barely notice it in my room.

Freedom Wars is the Shit

I think about getting a PSTV once in a while, but shit, I barely touch my Vita. It'll end up being the same for the PSTV, probably.

here's also still the Daniel Cleary situation to resolve. When he was brought back, at former coach Mike Babcock's insistence, in 2013, it was with the understanding that the Wings would make good on some -- not all -- of the money that Cleary left on the table when he didn't accept the Philadelphia Flyers' offer ($8.25 million over three years). The Wings might end up re-signing Cleary for one last year, but even if that happens, general manager Ken Holland has told Cleary that he won't make the NHL squad. If Cleary gets the same $1.5-million contract he had last season, the Wings would get $925,000 in salary cap relief by sending Cleary to the minors.

hEqzu21.gif

Sure, let's waste money (which we have no cap left) on a guy who won't play.

We have 8 defensemen atm. Don't be surprised if you see another trade occur.

Nill said he is set here for now. Will see how training camp rolls out and make his decision then.

I would say leading candidate is Oleksiak to go out only because he is on a 1 year one way deal so he will be snagged off waivers quickly and he will probably get the most value elsewhere.

I'm the Ducks GM in NHL 15. I won a Cup and secured a bunch of high draft picks by trading Kesler and a few roster players that have turned into budding elite talent with EA Sports' Realistic GM Mechanics.

If that isn't a resume, then I don't know what is.

I think about getting a PSTV once in a while, but shit, I barely touch my Vita. It'll end up being the same for the PSTV, probably.

I guarantee you won't use the PS Vita TV that much. I bought one when it was $40 and never touched it.

I guarantee you won't use the PS Vita TV that much. I bought one when it was $40 and never touched it.

I bought a PSTV at full retail. Downloaded some games, realized they looked like shit on a large TV. Then I tried taking it on a business trip and couldn't hook it up to the TV in the room. Then I brought it back home, looked for something, anything, to do with it. Then I just disconnected it and put it in a box.

Had potential, but it is a pointless device.

Top Bottom