• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Veitsev

Signing one #4 defender is "building a defense core" now?

There has actually been quite a makeover on D.

Stars beginning of 2014-2015 season

Goligoski-Daley
Benn-Dillion
Jokipakka-The Walking Corpse of Sergei Gonchar
Connauton/Oleksiak

Texas: Klingberg, Honka
IR: Nemeth

*Fun Note: All 8 (9 including Nemeth who didn't get to play till later but had earned a spot) of these d-men on the Dallas roster are/were left handed shots. Things went about as well as expected :/

Stars entering 2015-2016 season

Goligoski-Klingberg
Oduya-Demers
Nemeth-Jokipakka/Oleksiak
Benn/Oleksiak

Texas: Johns, Lindell, Honka

*Klingberg and Demers are RH. Johns is RH and the way Nill talks about him there is a chance he makes the team out of camp or at least is the first call up. He is eligible for waivers so he probably gets sent down regardless until they find out who on the Oleksiak/Jokipakka/Benn carousel is worth keeping (if any).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jesper Fast - 2 years, $950k AAV
JT Miller - 1 year, $874k

That means all Rangers RFAs are signed except for Derek Stepan.

Assuming Oscar Lindberg makes the cut, the Rangers are currently at a 21-man roster with about $6.75m in cap space for the 22nrd man.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
hEqzu21.gif

Sure, let's waste money (which we have no cap left) on a guy who won't play.
It's not even a million. If I were a player I'd read that as an org taking care of their own and one that won't break promises.

Pretty much a drop in the bucket and I'm not sure it'll inconvenience any further important signings.

This isn't bad loyalty like the Richards deal at least. I still hope LA gets reamed with that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tinordi needs to go through waivers to go to the AHL which will never happen. Time for him to step up or it's over, although the D is already pretty crowded. No idea what happens with him now.

It's not even a million. If I were a player I'd read that as an org taking care of their own and one that won't break promises.

Pretty much a drop in the bucket and I'm not sure it'll inconvenience any further important signings.

This isn't bad loyalty like the Richards deal at least. I still hope LA gets reamed with that.

Still a waste even if we can put it all in the minors, but still we are over the cap with some restricted guys we still have to sign, so right now every dollar matters at the moment.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Tinordi needs to go through waivers to go to the AHL which will never happen. Time for him to step up or it's over, although the D is already pretty crowded. No idea what happens with him now.

Had no idea he needed to go through waivers. I don't think he ever looked out of place whenever he was up, but looked slower after his injury. He's a hundred times better than Emelin anyway, damn it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Still a waste even if we can put it all in the minors, but still we are over the cap with some restricted guys we still have to sign, so right now every dollar matters at the moment.

Hmm...wonder if Holland would have to go the Chicago route and get rid of some nice young players or trade away something of value like a pick for someone else to take Cleary's contract on.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Had no idea he needed to go through waivers. I don't think he ever looked out of place whenever he was up, but looked slower after his injury. He's a hundred times better than Emelin anyway, damn it.
Him, Bournival and Thomas all need to go through waivers to go back down to the AHL. I think Thomas might be able to make it unclaimed, but I don't see either Bournival or Tinordi making it. D is so clogged right now, doesn't seem like he has a spot on this team anymore. He played well when he was up, I don't get it.

Maybe we're gonna trade someone. Who needs Defenceman?

This is the line up I want

Subban- Markov
Beaulieu-Petry
Tinordi-Pateryn

RC

Banned
As the the champion of the 2015 NHL-GAF Playoff Bracket challenge, I do decree, that the Kings of Los Angeles shall win the cup, to the chagrin of many of thee.

iLLmAtlc

Kings are probably doing it, they still have the sc winning team in their primes. These guys beat the cap circumventing hawks before they blew it up, still the only team to do so since 2013.

Top Bottom