• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kings can go back in the bin.

And now for my hot take: the Kesler deal is good. The Kesler is good. He is a good Kesler and deserves good money and extension time. Wanna know how over the cap floor we were? Not very much.

Thank you GM Quick for organising it that way.

Happy birthday Marvie, enjoy your xbone birthday present.

Socreges

Banned
Need an iPad game for flight home...

FTL
Xcom
FF Tactics
Kingdom Rush

Whatdoido

I want to get into Xcom (never played) but I assume the controls aren't as good as PC?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

FTL
Xcom
FF Tactics
Kingdom Rush

Whatdoido

I want to get into Xcom (never played) but I assume the controls aren't as good as PC?
X-Com 100%. Controls work great on the iPad and it's addictive as hell and the game play is pretty engaging. For someone who doesn't really game anymore, X-Com had me hooked for a long time.

RC

Banned

FTL
Xcom
FF Tactics
Kingdom Rush

Whatdoido

FTL is amazing. You'll love it one moment and hate it the next but always come back for more.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
vWOlkX.gif
This is the greatest thing I've seen all month

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I eagerly await Bracco signing in the SHL in 3 years thanks to the Dopey prospect curse.

The leafs let kozun down, kozun didn't let us down :)

I want to fight you but deep down I know I can't for the truth in this statement. :(

Why you stabbing me in the back, kave? Whyyyyyyyyy

Also... here's something to note: how often do you see me hype a prospect BEFORE the draft? Bracco is the first time :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wait whats the Dopey prospect curse :O

I līked kozun and he signed in europe

I guess i also liked blacker (who injured himself and lost his way) and kronwall (who broke his leg and fell out of favor with the leafs)

I blame those last 2 on management!

Dopey hyping up every Leafs prospect / player in existence and then they fall flat in the NHL

That's not fair. The only player to get the true force of the dopey hype machine was Kadri.

As the the champion of the 2015 NHL-GAF Playoff Bracket challenge, I do decree, that the Kings of Los Angeles shall win the cup, to the chagrin of many of thee.

does anyone have a link for this? I never looked at my bracket after I filled it out

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

FTL
Xcom
FF Tactics
Kingdom Rush

Whatdoido

FTL. Though I haven't played it on iPad.

One of these days I'll beat the end ship. Maybe.

Quick

Banned
Off-topic: just finished Arkham Knight. Wow, what a game.

I was lukewarm on it in the beginning, but it ended in spectacular fashion. And it's one of the rare games that makes me want to complete all the side missions. I did almost every side mission, with Riddler's stuff being the only one left.

zroid

Banned
JapersRink did a neat analysis of how successful teams are compared with how much money they spend

notes:
y axis = wins
x axis = relative spending
grey line = league average

The Rangers have this unique strategy where they are least successful when spending more money

Calamari41

41 > 38
JapersRink did a neat analysis of how successful teams are compared with how much money they spend

notes:
y axis = wins

The Rangers have this unique strategy where they are least successful when spending more money

Very interesting. It doesn't seem to matter how much the Ducks spend.

Merguson

Banned

notes:
y axis = wins

The Leafs haven't crossed the streams yet. So close.

Quick

Banned
Montresor
cndn hrtc
Today, 05:27 AM, Post #18416

Marvie, how's the Xbox?

I thought about getting it yesterday during the Prime sale, but I didn't like the bundle on sale in Canada (Xbox One with "Refurbished" Ryse or something like that) for $340.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie, how's the Xbox?

I thought about getting it yesterday during the Prime sale, but I didn't like the bundle on sale in Canada (Xbox One with "Refurbished" Ryse or something like that) for $340.
Uh.....I just ordered it yesterday. I have no idea yet. :lol

Saw Ant-Man last night. Stay until the end (a mid-credits and post-credits scene). Surprisingly good, comparable to Guardians of the Galaxy.

A review called it "grounded", which seems appropriate: after Ultron, we needed a Marvel movie on a smaller scale. Can definitely see the Wright influence, and maybe where he butted heads with Marvel.

Foggy

So how about that Japan thread in OT.

I'm mostly upset with that Canada thread. I figured the world could've looked past the imperialism, obesity, racism, crime, and indignity of America, but I guess everyone's gotta be petty about not living here.

Foggy

Interesting to hear that about Ant-Man. Again the Marvel 'b' movie ends up better than the steaming turds known as 'The Avengers' films.

Honestly, knowing that the post-credits tie-in is the most referenced part about this movie is endemic of what Marvel's doing wrong creatively and it doesn't really inspire much confidence in Ant-Man. I'll still see it, but my expectations are well in check.

As a Marvel Studios fan, I celebrate Joss Whedon's departure from Avengers films. That guy is way too far up inside his own ass.

And he isn't good at the making movies thing. Guy has no idea what composition is. The editing in his movies usually kills the pacing. He writes movies like he writes for TV.

Top Bottom