• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

ShaneB

Are there any good online radio streaming options? Work frowns upon bringing your own stuff (to put on the hard drive) and listening to my phone would kill the battery.

I mostly listen to Songza but it gets pretty repetitive after awhile. I miss Grooveshark.

Maybe I should just buy an MP3 player.

Google Play has radio playlists, also since you mention your own stuff, Google Play Music lets you upload 50,000 of your songs even if you're not a subscriber.

I haven't touched Apple Music, and I probably never will. Do you need to subscribe to it to get access to Beats 1? I'm using the 3 month free trial right now, but if I need to remain subscribed then it's not happening.

You don't need to subscribe to Apple Music for Beats 1 (or the Pandora-like Apple Music Radio for that matter) with a sub you get the on demand music, iCloud Music Library and ad-free Apple Music Radio)

If you guys want some comedy, this thread will give you comedy.

Ronda Rousey takes a shot at Mayweather beating women, Mayweather fans come out and actually defend him.

That's not comedy. That's sad. I'm now depressed. Rousey is a fantastic athlete and her comments are on key and witty. All Mayweather can do is sexist "who is he" trash. People defending him is proof there's a defense force for everything on GAF.

Off-topic: just finished Arkham Knight. Wow, what a game.

I was lukewarm on it in the beginning, but it ended in spectacular fashion. And it's one of the rare games that makes me want to complete all the side missions. I did almost every side mission, with Riddler's stuff being the only one left.

I'm so burnt out on tank and racing shit and I'm not even an hour into it. Glad it gets better.

I'm mostly upset with that Canada thread. I figured the world could've looked past the imperialism, obesity, racism, crime, and indignity of America, but I guess everyone's gotta be petty about not living here.

People can only be patriotic about where they're born. North Americans don't get to travel much because of their whole amazing two weeks of leave per year, which leaves them calling an interstate trip an adventure of a lifetime.

I don't expect many GAFfers in general go outside let alone get out and see the world.

As a Marvel Studios fan, I celebrate Joss Whedon's departure from Avengers films. That guy is way too far up inside his own ass.

Seth Green poked this bear in a Robot Chicken skit about the Whedonverse, and it's so apt.

RqV3VVO.jpg

I need my Kendrick Lamar and Mumford and Sons to keep me going.

I don't get the hard on Canadians have for Mumford and Sons. But it is what it is.

Buddy and I in Van were listening to DnB in my room and prepping for a night out to see Netsky and Nero. Canadian roomie comes in and chills with us then changes my music to Mumford and Sons. Buddy and I had just finished a few lines, so we weren't really prepared for •STEUHHHL MA HAAART UN BREEEEK MUH SAWL *Mandolin solo*" but we were polite and let him play his thing while tapping our feet to a different song altogether.

Really? I didn't know that

Yes, Beats 1 is free. its supported by ads. They quickly mention whoever is sponsoring a show but very briefly. It's kind of cool that collectively people can tune in and listen together around the world. iTunes Radio was free when it debuted a couple years ago (with the ads after so many songs) but only available to 2 or 3 countries. Apple Music Radio is the same thing with a new name. Also I believe @Connect is free (but it's not that good yet)

yyzjohn

Banned
I've never used a music streaming service, and I generally don't care for Apple, but I'm in love with Beats 1 Radio. A lot of their radio shows on it are fantastic and actually play quality, diverse music.

You're paying for it? What's that shit cost?

I got my Recipt from Apple for spotify premium But In app it's says free still. I'm just gonna wait it out for tomorrow.

Oh well. What a pain in the butt. I was panicking for no reason

calder

Something about That Iwata Banner I think

Back seat modding in a thread cratered with the smoking ruins of former junior accounts is always risky.

EDIT: about to watch last nights Mr. Robot, and I can't remember if it was mentioned in this thread or not but just a fantastic show. My favourite show on TV right now (sorry pretty disappointing second season of True Detective) and one of the better new shows I've seen in a while. The name had me actively disinterested in it but the hype from TV critics made me give it a try, glad I did. A really effective combination of a paranoid thriller, internet surveillance/hacktivist procedural and unreliable narration (the main character is clearly batshit insane, but it's an open question how insane he is - and how exactly he is insane).

It stars that bug eyed crazy dude from the Pacific, and he's great in it. Even if you're (justifiably) concerned about any TV show with Christian Slater in it he's damn good too. Or at least this role is exactly in his wheelhouse.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Well Iwata died so there was a thread like the one for that guy from giant bomb(?) to put banners in their avatars. Presumably some juniors/fanboys said something insensitive leading to riled tempers to backseat modding/telling off said ppl.

Calamari41

41 > 38
??

Go onnnn...

Let's see if I can explain it in a way that won't result in a ban.

People thought that gaf should follow the lead of a multitude of other sites across the internet, including the likes of Skype and Amazon, by honoring Iwata in the banner. This did not go over well. Anybody who asked about it had their posts deleted and were banned (eventually perma), and today it was made clear that the banner to honor him was created and exists, but is being withheld out of admitted spite.

Well Iwata died so there was a thread like the one for that guy from giant bomb(?) to put banners in their avatars. Presumably some juniors/fanboys said something insensitive leading to riled tempers to backseat modding/telling off said ppl.

I don't know anything about that, must be a different topic. Or another branch of the same one.

Let's see if I can explain it in a way that won't result in a ban.

People thought that gaf should follow the lead of a multitude of other sites across the internet, including the likes of Skype and Amazon, by honoring Iwata in the banner. This did not go over well. Anybody who asked about it had their posts deleted and were banned (eventually perma), and today it was made clear that the banner to honor him was created and exists, but is being withheld out of admitted spite.

I'm with EL on this one. They need to stop with their expectations and let shit ride out.

ZeroGravity

Basically, for a site that bills itself as the "nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers" to refuse to honor the death of one of the industry's most important and influential people out of spite is fucking pathetic and embarrassing.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm with EL on this one. They need to stop with their expectations and let shit ride out.

The expectations that come with a certain person saying "the art team is working on it?" How many days have to pass before people are allowed to ask about the progress?

I was following the thread pretty consistently and saw the bans in real time. All but maybe a handful of the posts (until hell broke loose today) were as innocuous as "Hey it's been a couple days, is the banner changing or what?"

It was clear after a day passed that it was never going to change, of course.

When Amazon.com outdoes you in this regard, a site which doesn't even sell Nintendo products, then as ZeroGravity said, it is pathetic.

I thought that they were going to change it after this month because they had planned to have the BELOVE logo up for the entire month of July.

ZeroGravity

I thought that they were going to change it after this month because they had planned to have the BELOVE logo up for the entire month of July.
If this had been better communicated with people from the start, there might have been less of an issue.

That said, the gay marriage banner has been up for weeks. I don't see an issue with changing your plans when something of this magnitude happens - especially since it's gaming related, and GAF is primarily a gaming site.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Exactly.

Shit happens, and sometimes plans need to change.

Putting up an "in honor of" or whatever three weeks after someone dies is stupid. Like holding a funeral a month late.

Edit: anyway, I don't want to litigate this issue here. That doesn't serve anyone. But, yeah, that's the cliff's notes of the situation.

Quick

Banned
A bunch my friends are getting out of Ant Man screenings and all of them are saying they loved the shit out of it.

Hype: renewed.

I saw Ant-Man earlier. I loved it. It definitely has some issues, but the humour and heart, as well as a great cast, really make the movie. Definitely on the higher end of MCU Phase 2 movies.

Top Bottom