• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
End of an era:

@AlexSerenRosso said:
Bryzgalov declared he's going to retire, not examining offers from #KHL for now #NHL #goalies

Sucks that his career just completely nosedived when he got to Philly. He's been one of the more entertaining guys in the league.

zroid

Banned

follow-up post

this poll looooool

ckoiSdJ.png

calder

Tested the Surface Pro 3 for some work related uses the last couple of weeks. Nice device, but what the fuck is up with that camera? Unusably bad *fixed focus* camera front AND back? What the actual fuck MS?

Most of you guys work for MS, why the hell did you make the Pro version of the tablet have a shittier camera than the non-Pro?

calder

This will come in handy.

pdZFiYm.gif

Dear Central Division friends,

Please just fuck right off in advance, you suck and I hope your team fucks off and dies any day now.

Fuck you,
calder

PS - stop signing free agents and/or making trades to improve your team. You assholes know we can't do that too, right? Fuck this division where 100 points will maybe get you 5th place.

Nothing beats a Danzig "GO!"

Fav songs off of Walk Among Us? For me, the tops are Hatebreeders, All Hell Breaks Loose, and Astro Zombies. But the whole thing is amazing front to back. I saw a band in a basement do Danzig era Misfits songs on Halloween one year, it was probably the craziest thing I've seen. It felt really good seeing those songs live.

Marvie_3

Banned

Fav songs off of Walk Among Us? For me, the tops are Hatebreeders, All Hell Breaks Loose, and Astro Zombies. But the whole thing is amazing front to back. I saw a band in a basement do Danzig era Misfits songs on Halloween one year, it was probably the craziest thing I've seen. It felt really good seeing those songs live.
Vampira, I Turned Into A Martian, and Astro Zombies for me.

That shit was my jam back when you guys were still debating over which Charlies Angel was the best.

Fun fact: at work trivia night, tonight, they played the whole "Guess the TV show theme song" thing.

One of them was Charlies Angels.

What's sad is I picked it in 20 seconds and I've never seen an episode of Charlies Angels before.

(also we had to guess what movie the anagram for "ice mad bleeps" was, and I guessed it was Despicable Me in 30 seconds or so. We had 15 mins to figure it. I'm so proud of that because I'm a natural dumbass)

Boring shitty stories, with Dastardly Jerks

Heretic

I remember Halloween

Doing Danzig in about a week in Seattle. Absolutey psyched.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Simple menus are great when they're intuitive

Smash just hides shit in random spots

Reminds me of when I almost missed 90% of the content in Mario Golf for 3DS because I assumed that it was all part of the Clubhouse, which presents itself as a story mode, rather than three menus deep behind the "Free Play" section on the main menu.

Quick

Banned
Fun fact: at work trivia night, tonight, they played the whole "Guess the TV show theme song" thing.

One of them was Charlies Angels.

What's sad is I picked it in 20 seconds and I've never seen an episode of Charlies Angels before.

(also we had to guess what movie the anagram for "ice mad bleeps" was, and I guessed it was Despicable Me in 30 seconds or so. We had 15 mins to figure it. I'm so proud of that because I'm a natural dumbass)

Boring shitty stories, with Dastardly Jerks

The theme music is pretty iconic, but not quite as iconic as others these days. I know how it sounds and I've never seen an episode. Though I have seen the movies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
he's right about one thing, the willingness of NBA stars to sign in different places sure makes things a lot more interesting

inb4 DAJ

the issue with the NHL is their RFA years

NHL teams typically lock their player until they are 27 or older.

It's bullshit. But it does supress salaries quite a bit...

The RFA years make the player comfortable with their franchise.

If UFA started at 23... players like McDavid would almost for sure leave their current teams... that extra 4 years means a lot.... because by the time they hit UFA age, they've usually played more for their current team than they have been a fan of any other.

Then there is the issue of job security. NBA has a roster of 13 players, while NHL 20-23. But there's only 60 new players being added to the NBA every year compared to 210 for the NHL. So the marketplace has far more pressure on the main roster for the NHL... so a lot of players will just sign whatever they can get for as long as they can get it.

Quick

Banned
When McDavid and Strome finally make it to the Leafs in 7 years to join with Marner, Nylander, Kapanen and company, Shanaplans, Leafkaku, Cockaku, and Tankaku will all finally become complete.

The Birth of the New NHL. NHL 3.0 - EST 2023

Spotify is making me seriously salty.

This is what they wrote to me

We’ve taken a look at your account and don’t see an indication that it’s active for a trial or Premium subscription. This means that you might have another account with us that has been upgraded to Premium instead

*facepalm*

My email address is the same for Apple ID and Spotify :(

Spotify Pls

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
When McDavid and Strome finally make it to the Leafs in 7 years to join with Marner, Nylander, Kapanen and company, Shanaplans, Leafkaku, Cockaku, and Tankaku will all finally become complete.

The Birth of the New NHL. NHL 3.0 - EST 2023

The only hopes are stamkos and tavares. The leafs would likely be in cap hell when McDavid hits UFA...

Tavares is an interesting case, thanks to burke. Shortly after he's fired, he sends Tavares a leafs jersey with the number 1 and his name on the back... also forcing tavares to awkwardly answer questions about his intentions when he hits UFA age.

Top Bottom