• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just found out that Lefebvre's contract is up this year in Hamilton. Hopefully they don't re-sign him and sign a great QMJHL coach or something with the move to St. John's.
I wasn't aware of this. That's good news, although everything said by Bergevin has indicated that he is happy with how he's done, so we'll see what happens.

I've watched this game for all of about three minutes now and I can safely say without any chance of rebuttal that Edmonton is getting yet another floater on their team.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't aware of this. That's good news, although everything said by Bergevin has indicated that he is happy with how he's done, so we'll see what happens.

They're going to ruin Morgan Ellis for good if they keep Lefebvre.

Moving to a new city it's a chance to start new, and there are a lot of good, young coaches in the QMJHL right now.

zroid

Banned
giving the Otters a PP is like a death wish :lol

bit of a chintzy call too

edit: was really hoping Greyhounds could tie the series up and stay in it. oh well, more McDavid and Strome on TV is always good.

Pikma

Banned
So... does anyone know if Nintendo sells Gamepads directly? mine is fucked, the left stick is ruined and sending it to Nintendo for repairs will be fucking expensive, $80-90 or some shit like that, and at that price I'd rather buy a new one. I need to solve this issue before Splatoon comes out, I don't wanna end up buying a new console for it :(

So... does anyone know if Nintendo sells Gamepads directly? mine is fucked, the left stick is ruined and sending it to Nintendo for repairs will be fucking expensive, $80-90 or some shit like that, and at that price I'd rather buy a new one. I need to solve this issue before Splatoon comes out, I don't wanna end up buying a new console for it :(

They do, sort of. But you have to call Customer Service, explain how you don't have a Gamepad anymore, and then accept that you'll have to pay $150+ for the replacement. You're better off calling Nintendo and investigating what the repair will cost.

Pikma

Banned
They do, sort of. But you have to call Customer Service, explain how you don't have a Gamepad anymore, and then accept that you'll have to pay $150+ for the replacement. You're better off calling Nintendo and investigating what the repair will cost.
Ugh wtf Nintendo, that sounds so damn time consuming but sure, I'll do it if that's the only way. thanks!

Deadbeat

Banned

The ‘City of Champions’ slogan was covered up on six city signs; ‘Suck it Calgary,’ ‘City of Speed Traps’ and ‘Road Construction City’ were among the new slogans. City crews were called out to clean up the signs.
Ive never gotten a ticket even with the cameras everywhere. The threshold has to be 20 over the limit or something.

Oh and 'road construction city'? Thats Winnipeg's slogan you thieves.

@FriedgeHNIC Hearing free-agent F Artem Panarin, who led KHL champion St. Petersburg in scoring, is getting close to joining the Chicago Blackhawks.

AT3V1jB.gif

Gsfzc0v.gif

Quick

Banned
Not to disparage the good name of the KHL, but I'm skeptical of any player that's being hyped up from Europe in general going to the NHL.

The league's had a few Euro free agent busts or players below expectations. Not to confuse them with players already playing for top-tier European/KHL clubs getting drafted by the NHL, of course.

He played on Lehtera and Tarasenko's line in SKA. They were fun to watch back before Tarasenko signed and I would wake up at 5am to see SKA's games.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hopefully MS conference is dense because of the Windows integration

but the last time they did that it didn't fair too well

@DarrenDreger: As of Tues, Oilers and Bruins still discussing draft pick compensation for the hiring of Peter Chiarelli. Told it might take awhile.

What's there to discuss? The Bruins either take the pick or they don't, the Oilers don't really have a say in the matter.

Everyone's getting press conference this year, the last time this happened we got that Konami conference.

My expectations can't be higher

Yeah. Cause if there was ever a time when Konami could make some noise it's when their games division seems like it's completely on fire.

"Hey we thought we'd drop a sick new Castlevania."

"Yeah, so basically you're Simon and you whip your enemies into submission. By matching 3 axes, daggers, holy waters etc."

"Oh and I guess Metal Gear? And if you want to make the next Metal Gear stop by our booth. Thank you for your time."

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah. Cause if there was ever a time when Konami could make some noise it's when their games division seems like it's completely on fire.

"Yeah, so basically you're Simon and you whip your enemies into submission. By matching 3 axes, daggers, holy waters etc."

"Oh and I guess Metal Gear? And if you want to make the next Metal Gear stop by our booth. Thank you for your time."

It is pretty amazing how far Konami has sunk. You'd think they'd stop digging that hole at some point but every day they go deeper.

Pikma

Banned

lol

I think you didn't get the reference, I was talking about their 2010 press conference
tak-fujii-is-my-god-o.gif

Foggy

I would've probably been way more pumped about E3 if it felt like VR was going to be going all in. But all signs point to an Oculus delay, Valve probably doesn't care to hype their stuff there(assuming Vive even gets released this year), and I have my suspicions that Morpheus is at least 1 1/2 years away. Still, it's always a good time so I'll be looking forward to all the meltdowns and shenanigans.

Pikma

Banned
No I got it man, my expectations for batshit out of Konami are low. Honestly I just kinda expect a Metal Gear trailer, some soccer thing and that's it. All presented by business suit wearing people who don't want to be there.
Konami is a piece of shit, every time I hear their name I remember Hudson Soft and feel like punching a wall. Don't ever expect jackshit from that joke of a publisher

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I just think it's obvious they don't give a fuck about games anymore. They make way more money elsewhere.

This is definitely it.

The Konami gym I saw in Tokyo was massive. Wouldn't be surprised if that one gym alone pulled in more revenue last year than the revenue of all their video games from last year combined.

That said, if this is the way they're going, why not sell their IPs(while they still have value)? Really stupid way of doing business.

Pikma

Banned
This is definitely it.

The Konami gym I saw in Tokyo was massive. Wouldn't be surprised if that one gym alone pulled in more revenue last year than the revenue of all their video games from last year combined.

That said, if this is the way they're going, why not sell their IPs(while they still have value)? Really stupid way of doing business.
Sell their IPs? they bought even more a few years ago!!!

It's possible that's in the works now that Kojima really is seemingly out of the picture. Hell, having a team working on Metal Gear and then putting it up for sale may be a lot more attractive to prospective buyers. I don't know. Predicting what the fuck goes on inside of Konami is similar to trying to predict what goes on in a lot of Japanese companies. Very rarely does the public get the truth and when it does it is never good news.

zroid

Banned
Marlies going for the sweep.

boy would it be great if Tampa could eliminate Detroit on the same day the Marlies eliminate the Griffins. Blue and White Disease, indeed.

GSG Flash

Bryan Murray is coming back as GM next year, pretty much guarantees that Chris Phillips will be a part of this team :(

Also, they'll be giving an offer to Hammond and, if he accepts, they will be moving one of Andy or Robin.

Bryan Murray is coming back as GM next year, pretty much guarantees that Chris Phillips will be a part of this team :(

Also, they'll be giving an offer to Hammond and, if he accepts, they will be moving one of Andy or Robin.

Not liking what I am hearing. Team keeps shooting itself in the foot.

GSG Flash

Not liking what I am hearing. Team keeps shooting itself in the foot.

What actually annoyed me the most is the hard on Murray has for a top 6 forward, since he mentioned it again, when a top 6 NHL d-man is our most pressing need.

Here's our current top 6:

Hoffman
Stone
Turris
Zibanejad
Ryan
Macarthur

I think that's a pretty damn good top 6 in the front.

zroid

Banned
My town is finally getting its OJHL team back after it was disbanded a few years ago. I grew up with the previous team, it had been around since the 1930s.

the new team name is the "Royals"... which is kinda lame :(

calder

Huge thanks to Elliotte Friedman's latest column for breaking draft shit down for us.

With that, Sportsnet presents its handy-dandy guide: How Playoff Eliminations Affect Draft Selection.

First, the easy stuff. The Draft Lottery determined positioning for the first 14 teams. Multiple sources indicate Edmonton won this event (trying to confirm), followed by Buffalo, Arizona, Toronto, Carolina, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Columbus, San Jose, Colorado, Florida, Dallas, Los Angeles and Boston.

Whoever wins the Stanley Cup picks 30th. The other finalist picks 29th. The two teams that lost in the conference finals pick 27th and 28th. Exact order is determined by who had fewer points in the regular season, with that club getting the 27th slot. (If there is a tie, follow the usual tie-breaking procedures.)

Now, here comes the more-complicated part: draft choices 15-26. Teams eliminated in the first two rounds who did not win a division title come next, followed by those who did win a division, but lost before the Eastern and Western Finals. Again, fewest points equals a better selection.

We can’t officially say who’s picking where yet, because Calgary still gets the 15th pick if it loses to Anaheim. The Flames would jump to at least 27th if they won this series, not that anyone dancing around The Red Mile would care.

In that case, Edmonton would have the 15th selection, because it acquired Pittsburgh’s top choice in the David Perron trade. As it stands, the Oilers will choose no worse than 16th. Based on who has lost already, we know the order goes: Edmonton (in Pittsburgh’s spot), Winnipeg, Ottawa, Buffalo (in the Islanders’ spot), Vancouver, Toronto (in Nashville’s spot) and Winnipeg (in St. Louis’s position, from the Evander Kane trade).

The second Winnipeg selection cannot go any higher, because the Blues were the lowest-ranking division champion. It will drop lower if Anaheim, Montreal or the Rangers wins in the next round.

The Flyers have Tampa’s pick (Braydon Coburn). If the Lightning do not get into the Eastern Conference Final, every non-division winner goes before Philadelphia, since Tampa had more points then all of them. The Lightning do have the Rangers’ first-rounder (Martin St. Louis), but that pick can be no better than 26th, as New York won the President’s Trophy. No one who loses in the first two rounds can drop behind them.

Clear as mud? Excellent.

zroid

Banned
Ian Mendes is tweeting about a conversation he just had with Murray, where he talked about having changed his opinion on Weirdcock this year

I remember not too long ago when he was publicly saying how he knows he has good fancystats but still didn't trust him

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ian Mendes is tweeting about a conversation he just had with Murray, where he talked about having changed his opinion on Weirdcock this year

I remember not too long ago when he was publicly saying how he knows he has good fancystats but still didn't trust him

Could you trust a guy called Weirdcock?

What actually annoyed me the most is the hard on Murray has for a top 6 forward, since he mentioned it again, when a top 6 NHL d-man is our most pressing need.

Here's our current top 6:

Hoffman
Stone
Turris
Zibanejad
Ryan
Macarthur

I think that's a pretty damn good top 6 in the front.

Really? I can definitely see why Murray wants to improve it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is anyone with an alternative internet provider here? Since Shaw&Telus etc are now enforcing data caps (yay Canada) with monetary penalties I'm looking around... I've heard good things about Teksavvy, but there's also AEBC, Slamhang, Lightspeed. Montreal-DSL, Surf and Unmetered, all for roughly the same price. Does anyone have any good/bad experience with any of those? Thanks!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone with an alternative internet provider here? Since Shaw&Telus etc are now enforcing data caps (yay Canada) with monetary penalties I'm looking around... I've heard good things about Teksavvy, but there's also AEBC, Slamhang, Lightspeed. Montreal-DSL, Surf and Unmetered, all for roughly the same price. Does anyone have any good/bad experience with any of those? Thanks!

I've been with Teksavvy for a little while now and they've been great. Always helpful when I call technical support, which I haven't had to do in a while.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Aare you serious? I'm so fucked! Damn you, Shaw.

"Beginning March 30, however, Telus will charge an initial $5 for an extra 50GB of data once the limit has been exceeded. If these user exceeds that extra bucket of data, they will be charged another $10 for every extra 50GB bucket of data they use, to a maximum of $75. The company will notify users before charging."

you're lying to yourself if you don't think Shaw will immediately do the same thing, too.

Also, beginning this year Shaw actually lowered their internet speeds for the same price:

Original Price Original Speed New Price New Speed
$90 100mbps $90 60mbps
$80 50mbps $70 30mbps
$60 25mbps $60 15mbps
$55 10mbps $50 5mbps

fucking Canadian ISPs, man.

I think I'll go with Lightspeed. They work through Shaw so I don't need new cable, their activation fee of 75.- is currently waived so I'll pay 44.15.- per month including modem rental for 25mbps with unlimited cap AND I can avoid Shaw/Telus. Half the price of Shaw AND unlimited, what a fucking joke :lol

Aare you serious? I'm so fucked! Damn you, Shaw.

It doesn't sound like they will actually charge you for going over. Instead, they'll call you after 3-4 months of exceeding your 'data transfer limit' and talk about moving you to a higher plan (aka, they'll call you and say you're being moved to the $120 p/m plan).

Top Bottom