• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
coin-flip-mcduck.gif

I tried toughing it out on the PC version, but you get a few hours in and it's apparent that they halfassed this port. My cousins stuck it out but that's because they don't have a PS4. Runs so smooth and I didn't have the money to just get a top end card for one game.

I know what my next purchase is: NOT a Razer stick, lol. (Evo reference)

Smack, what exactly is wrong with the Arkham Knight PC version?

Smack, what exactly is wrong with the Arkham Knight PC version?

The company who ported it were probably rushed. It is poorly optimized so it ran at a jerky frame rate even on high end cards. Some graphical effects just weren't used like on the console version. Some levels had textures missing or slow to load. I had to run the game at 720p with everything on low/off. And it still wasn't smooth. :-(

The PS4 and XBOX versions look way better and run buttery smooth. PC version looked 'ok' but had slowdown issues like the SNES days whenever you get in the batmobile.

ShaneB

Golf fans, I was listening earlier to the Open final round while working, but realized it's such a close grouping, I've got to watch it.

Will TSN be replaying the final round tonight? I'd check the website myself to see a tv schedule, but would rather not see any scores.

watching the Open, Shane?

sooo goooood

hope there's a playoff

See above.. =( And had a coworker check TSN and didn't see anything about a big block of tv time for a rebroadcast in primetime, so I'm a bit pissed off.

kingslunk

This reminds me of another bathroom annoyance: why do people always want to take the stall right next to me, even in an otherwise empty bathroom? Why?

That's really annoying also. I also dunno how grown men have a habit of getting shit and piss on the toilet seat.

These are the reasons I try and avoid public restrooms at all costs.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's really annoying also. I also dunno how grown men have a habit of getting shit and piss on the toilet seat.

Bruh... pubes on the urinal. How do they get there? Are people plucking their clearly overgrown bushes and just sprinkling them around? Are they so unmaintained that the simple act of unzipping causes a burst of detached pubes to flutter out?

zroid

Banned
See above.. =( And had a coworker check TSN and didn't see anything about a big block of tv time for a rebroadcast in primetime, so I'm a bit pissed off.

Aw :(

I'm sad Spieth couldn't get into the playoffs but the three-way will be fun anyways

kingslunk

Bruh... pubes on the urinal. How do they get there? Are people plucking their clearly overgrown bushes and just sprinkling them around? Are they so unmaintained that the simple act of unzipping causes a burst of detached pubes to flutter out?

HAHAHA. I never understood that. How the hell does that much hair get released from a one time urinal use.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marty St. Louis addressed the media today to talk about his retirement.

Probably the most interesting (but not at all surprising) thing was that he did have contract offers on July 1. He also said he always envisioned retiring as a Ranger and that he'll be making the area his permanent home.

I imagine we'll be seeing MSL around the organization whenever he gets bored coaching his kids.

ZeroGravity

I'm so far beyond being over MSL.

Lecavalier needs to retire a member of the Lightning though, and I would be shocked if that doesn't happen someday.

Syrinx

Marty St. Louis addressed the media today to talk about his retirement.

Probably the most interesting (but not at all surprising) thing was that he did have contract offers on July 1. He also said he always envisioned retiring as a Ranger and that he'll be making the area his permanent home.

I imagine we'll be seeing MSL around the organization whenever he gets bored coaching his kids.

He already lives in CT, doesn't he?

calder

The thing that always makes me wonder in the shitter at work - the guys who race into the stall, let rip a booming explosion that echoes through the bathroom like distant thunder then somehow are flushing and leaving the stall 10 seconds later. Are they just exceptional at wiping or really bad at it? Does the huge shitplosion mean there is no feces left behind? It's not just gas because you can hear the turd hitting water like hail on a lake. How can they be so confident that 30 seconds start to finish is enough time to ensure proper post-dunk cleanlimess.

Also, good on Quebec. God will I cheer for the Nords to beat the Habs every time, nothing against Montreal I just want a new blood rivalry to enjoy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He already lives in CT, doesn't he?

Yeah, that's where he's planning on staying.

Also, not from this press conference but from past interviews, Marty had apparently lobbied for a trade to the Rangers for a few years before the whole Olympics thing finally forced the issue, so him saying he always planned on retiring here is pretty consistent with that story.

ZeroGravity

Also, not from this press conference but from past interviews, Marty had apparently lobbied for a trade to the Rangers for a few years before the whole Olympics thing finally forced the issue, so him saying he always planned on retiring here is pretty consistent with that story.
Yep, back when the Lightning were garbage. One of the first things Yzerman had to do after becoming GM was convince Marty to sign an extension and not leave.

Quick

Banned
The thing that always makes me wonder in the shitter at work - the guys who race into the stall, let rip a booming explosion that echoes through the bathroom like distant thunder then somehow are flushing and leaving the stall 10 seconds later. Are they just exceptional at wiping or really bad at it? Does the huge shitplosion mean there is no feces left behind? It's not just gas because you can hear the turd hitting water like hail on a lake. How can they be so confident that 30 seconds start to finish is enough time to ensure proper post-dunk cleanlimess.

That is called a miracle shit.

Also, good on Quebec. God will I cheer for the Nords to beat the Habs every time, nothing against Montreal I just want a new blood rivalry to enjoy.

Quebec getting a team would be gross, because Jets fans are supporting them.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Man, this happens way too often. The toilet paper roll things here make a not-insignificant amount of noise, as well, so I can confirm that these people don't wipe even once.

Clydefrog

Hahaha!

My bathroom at work only has two stalls. I don't enjoy shitting next to someone but you don't have to make it worse by grunting and growling while you loudly poop out your logs. I'm also dreading the day someone tries to have a conversation with me between the stalls.

There was also one time the bathroom smelled like a dead elephant for nearly the whole day. Someone had exploded in the toilet and the flush was not strong enough to remove the caked bowl of brown material. It was awful. I felt bad for the janitor but it was sparkly clean the day after.

kingslunk

Hahaha!

My bathroom at work only has two stalls. I don't enjoy shitting next to someone but you don't have to make it worse by grunting and growling while you loudly poop out your logs. I'm also dreading the day someone tries to have a conversation with me between the stalls.

There was also one time the bathroom smelled like a dead elephant for nearly the whole day. Someone had exploded in the toilet and the flush was not strong enough to remove the caked bowl of brown material. It was awful. I felt bad for the janitor but it was sparkly clean the day after.

I talked through the stall one time. Only once. Coworker brought in some cake and I had a piece and about 5-10 minutes later my buddy had some cake. My stomach started feeling upset so I was like damn that cake did something to my stomach. My buddy wrote it off because he wasn't feeling bad. He kept telling me there was nothing wrong with the cake. About 5 minutes after that I went to the bathroom. The stalls were somewhat open ended at the bottom so you could always see the persons shoes who walked to the stall. My buddy had specific cowboy boots we gave him shit for wearing at the time. About 5 minutes later after I went to the bathroom buddy came in (I noticed the shoes) went to the stall next to me (it was a 2 bathroom stall). I tried holding in the laughter but just busted out laughing because of his denial. I just said "it had to be the cake." It was too funny not to say anything.

lol that's my shitter discussion story.

RC

Banned
There's only one washroom at our office. Makes bathroom hoggers especially annoying. I'm looking at you IT guy, no one needs an hour to take a shit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bill Foley Submitted a expansion bid for Las Vegas today

*NHL, 2016* "Ladies and gentlemen, your Las Vegas Aces!"

*NHL, 2021* "Ladies and gentlemen, fresh off the moving bus from Vegas, your Toronto Thunder!"

Dstrdl! Tell your Mustangs to stop! The Ice Dogs are already dead!

THEY'LL KEEP GOING UNTIL WE TELL PATRICK O'KANE TO STOP

Blackhawks say Ducks were biggest obstacle to Cup

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/796492

To the surprise of absolutely nobody. That was our year dammif.

We would have won the whole thing if Heretic hadn't been banned.

Not a doubt in my mind... Not a doubt in my mind...

hqdefault.jpg

And we would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

I kimda miss animated avatars from my lurking days. But there were some that I really hated.

I loved the really shitty avatars. You could just imagine some clueless zomboid sitting there looking at a terribly looped GIF of a girl smiling or something and going "Yeah. Yeah this is nice".

Think even Bison dollars are worth more at this point:

Uwk7lXL.jpg

Capcom missed a real opportunity to use this as their ingame currency.

because of the shark attack or the storm?

EDIT:

Where's the dude that likes tattoo chicks?

http://i.imgur.com/egWqdVF.png

Yes or no?

Shark attack? Cute.

1437353060414.jpg

This reminds me of another bathroom annoyance: why do people always want to take the stall right next to me, even in an otherwise empty bathroom? Why?

It's always an unwritten law to take the furtherest urinal or stall possible. Anyone who doesn't is an old person or does not deserve their man card.

Hahaaa institutionalised sexism.

I was entering a stall this dopey student was leaving one time. Drops of piss all over it. Made him get back there and clean it up. Obviously he was doing a 2fer and didn't put his dick under the seat properly when having his tinkle. And that's the only reason I can think of for piss on the seat. As for shit, I think it's people that can't wipe properly or are obese.

Man, this happens way too often. The toilet paper roll things here make a not-insignificant amount of noise, as well, so I can confirm that these people don't wipe even once.

That's fucked up. Enjoy your skidmarks, losers.

I haven't had them since I was a teen because I roll toilet paper up and shove it up my ass. Not literally to the point of penetration or anything, but the motion itself clears your rear better than any other method that doesn't involve wet wipes.

There's only one washroom at our office. Makes bathroom hoggers especially annoying. I'm looking at you IT guy, no one needs an hour to take a shit.

Smartphones and IT people. The IT bathrooms are always literally the worst due to the combination of always awful diets IT people have and their laziness in general. If there's a HR or marketing area, use their bathroom. They care about presentation and appearance more than any other corporate worker.

Foggy

BJs released a six minute video leading up to the Werenski pick. Found it interesting that the whole "Werenski was always our guy" wasn't just blowing smoke up his skirt. They didn't mention Provorov once and kept repeating that they'll wait for Werenski with no hesitations. It looks like the best bet they had of moving up was moving #34 and #129 to get New Jersey's pick if Hanafin was still available. Interesting stuff.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oilers will be raising a banner to honor Glen Sather when the Rangers roll into town on December 11. That should also likely be our first time facing Cam Talbot.

And also that McDonald guy or whatever his name is.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Tabris were you sitting there for the past two and a half hours refreshing the page and waiting for someone to reply or your post? It's OK if you were.

Top Bottom