• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Foggy

z6prrwl.png

:lol

Mmmmm, I'll be drinking hand sanitizer in eager anticipation.

I've seen that movie more times than I care to admit.

Apologies for the second post. I didn't see these two comments until after my last post, and was hoping someone would post in-between these.

I was a bit on the fence before.

But Chewie liking the hire confirms we're screwed.

:(

Chewie isn't really a Leafs fan. I think he's been trolling us the entire time

I may not (admittedly) know as much about hockey as most of you goons, but I'm trying. I'm a Leafs fan through and through, and have been since childhood. Probably twenty-plus years now.

I promise you, I do not troll, nor do I even know how. Nor am I an alt.

I just don't watch as many of the other teams' games as most of you seem to. I'm kept busy gaming, writing and looking after disabled family members, plus dealing with my own issues, and only really watch the Leafs games.

I'll watch other tilts for 20 minutes to an hour sometimes, but hockey season is a busy time for reviews.

RC

Banned
Didn't know they were making a sequel to Goon.
Hopefully it'll be as good as the original, loved that movie.

Montresor

Shanahan, Hunter, Dubas, Lamiorello and Babcock. HHHNNNGNNGNGG

I'm impressed. Only 3 years for Lou clearly shows they just want him to groom Dubas.

That third rounder is nothing to get someone of Lou's stature.

Curufinwe

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...lendale-proposed-coyotes-arena-deal/30578215/

A reduced management fee
The fee the city pays to IceArizona, the team's owner, to manage the arena would be reduced from $15 million to $6.5 million annually.

A 2-year deal
The agreement would terminate on July 30, 2017. The original deal was for a span of 15 years, or until 2028.

Tindall and Frisoni iced
As part of the deal, Coyotes general counsel Craig Tindall and Julie Frisoni, who had done consulting work for the team, cannot be employed in any way by the Coyotes. Tindall is Glendale's former city attorney and Frisoni is a former deputy city manager. The two were at the heart of the conflict-of-interest argument that the city was using to attempt to end the deal.

Quick

Banned
Shanahan, Hunter, Dubas, Lamiorello and Babcock. HHHNNNGNNGNGG

I'm impressed. Only 3 years for Lou clearly shows they just want him to groom Dubas.

That third rounder is nothing to get someone of Lou's stature.

I feel a lot better about the Lou hiring knowing it's 3 years.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...lendale-proposed-coyotes-arena-deal/30578215/

A reduced management fee
The fee the city pays to IceArizona, the team's owner, to manage the arena would be reduced from $15 million to $6.5 million annually.

A 2-year deal
The agreement would terminate on July 30, 2017. The original deal was for a span of 15 years, or until 2028.

Tindall and Frisoni iced
As part of the deal, Coyotes general counsel Craig Tindall and Julie Frisoni, who had done consulting work for the team, cannot be employed in any way by the Coyotes. Tindall is Glendale's former city attorney and Frisoni is a former deputy city manager. The two were at the heart of the conflict-of-interest argument that the city was using to attempt to end the deal.

Wow, that's a huge reduction in term and payment. Good for the City.

The team hiring the city attorney and city manager is all kinds of shady. Good to see this one get rectified too.

Good for the Leafs.

Want good news for hockey in Seattle. It'll happen, only thing is when. Frustrating that isn't first priority.

What's the word on the arena in Seattle?

Cake Boss

Banned
What makes Shanahan a management superpower?

Plus Babcock is a coach who loves Cleary.

And Lou is over the hill.

If I were a Leafs fan, I will be more excited about Dubas being a GM and Hunter as assistant. They seem like more forward thinking people and not part of the old school hockey club way of thinking.

zroid

Banned
I may not (admittedly) know as much about hockey as most of you goons, but I'm trying. I'm a Leafs fan through and through, and have been since childhood. Probably twenty-plus years now.
I was just kidding man. you're cool in my books.

even if you're wrong a lot :p

(double post cause mobile)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I like this Lou hiring. He's old, yet experienced. He has the connections and the respect of other GMs and clout with the NHL front office. Couldn't imagine a better GM to tutor Dubas before he takes over. I'm not sure if he'll be around for the entire rebuild but a few years should definitely get Dubas ready.

I like this Lou hiring. He's old, yet experienced. He has the connections and the respect of other GMs and clout with the NHL front office. Couldn't imagine a better GM to tutor Dubas before he takes over. I'm not sure if he'll be around for the entire rebuild but a few years should definitely get Dubas ready.

And he looks like a Simpsons character (seasons 3 - 8)

Stasis

Waking up to the Lou tweets was fucking weird.

Lou resigns. Two minutes later: Lou is Leafs GM.

I had to call my dad in NY I was so shocked.

The one thing about his connections is the fact that he probably is the only guy who can get guys like Lupul and Bozak to another team.

@StevePoliti: Lamoriello is taking out a full-page ad in two newspapers to thank fans. "Together," it reads, "we saw the New Jersey Devils make history."

Late 90s-early 2000s Devils were great. My Uncle is a huge Devils Fan, even he was surprised to see Lou go.

iLLmAtlc

It'd be interesting to see if Lou can still keep all his moves secret until they're announced in Tronna.

Tho I only rmb Lou running the current Devils into the ground, with no farm team and no NHL talent either. Honestly don't think there's a franchise in worst state atm.

Top Bottom