• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Marvie_3

Banned
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...lendale-proposed-coyotes-arena-deal/30578215/

A reduced management fee
The fee the city pays to IceArizona, the team's owner, to manage the arena would be reduced from $15 million to $6.5 million annually.

A 2-year deal
The agreement would terminate on July 30, 2017. The original deal was for a span of 15 years, or until 2028.

Tindall and Frisoni iced
As part of the deal, Coyotes general counsel Craig Tindall and Julie Frisoni, who had done consulting work for the team, cannot be employed in any way by the Coyotes. Tindall is Glendale's former city attorney and Frisoni is a former deputy city manager. The two were at the heart of the conflict-of-interest argument that the city was using to attempt to end the deal.

So basically the Coyotes are moving in 2 years.

zroid

Banned
There's no way Lamoriello can make any significant move without Shanahan signing off. He's here for a short time to pass on his knowledge and culture building then be rides off into the sunset.

only concern I have is that till now I basically trusted Shanahan to listen to Dubas since he was his guy. Now we have Lou in between Shanny and Dubas and I don't know what the dynamic will be. but hopefully they will all keep communicating and make decisions as a group like they've been doing.

tumblr_n3hdr1TTKJ1ru8uouo1_500.jpg

OPS Duty Inspector ‏@DutyInspector 14m14 minutes ago
Suspect in morning OC Transpo Bus stabbing has been arrested. The name of the Accused is not being released at this time. ^JMc

WTF

OC Transpo gets even worse.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So basically the Coyotes are moving in 2 years.

Enough time for Seattle to get an arena situation under control?

That way the NHL gets relocation fees plus the expansion fees for QC and Vegas.

Merguson

Banned
Fire Mike? Just the kind of scenario that local hockey media would put to the incoming general manager during his introductory session at the Air Canada Centre Thursday. “Mike hasn’t coached a game,” Lamoriello objected. “I haven’t been here a day. And you’re trying to make trouble. Next question.”

loool toronto media

edit: source

zroid

Banned
Fun facts

Shanahan is the Leafs' President --

Their Director of Player Personnel is from his junior team;
Their GM is from the team that drafted him;
Their Head Coach is from the team where he won the Stanley Cup.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fun facts

Shanahan is the Leafs' President --

Their Director of Player Personnel is from his junior team;
Their GM is from the team that drafted him;
Their Head Coach is from the team where he won the Stanley Cup.

I just hope this doesnt turn into some weird revenge plot

Parch

Leaf fans thrilled when they signed Shanahan, backflips when they got Babcock, now jumping for joy by getting Lou.

When are they actually going to get some hockey players?

Osorio

Good luck to Lou in Toronto. As much as I love the guy, he's been lackluster in the post- trap era.

Maybe a new setting will reinvigorate him.

Samyy

Who knows Parch, getting players appears to be difficult, I mean, the Oilers haven't been able to find any in the past 8 years.

Top Bottom