• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Ottawa Citizen ‏@OttawaCitizen 11m11 minutes ago
"If in doubt, do the test.": Public health warns syphilis on the rise in Ottawa http://bit.ly/1CZKTNG #ottnews

giphy.gif

zroid

Banned
anyone watching this USA vs Canada basketball game on Sportsnet?

shit is WILD

edit: I think it was on ESPN2 in the States. Well, it's over anyways.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Masai get on that

We actually have a decent shot at drafting him.

We get a first round pick from either the New York Knicks or Denver Nuggets who both might be terrible again this year.

Murray as of now is projected to go in the latter half of the top 10, both the Knicks and Nuggets could end up giving us a draft pick between 4 to 14. :eek:

We actually have a decent shot at drafting him.

We get a first round pick from either the New York Knicks or Denver Nuggets who both might be terrible again this year.

Murray as of now is projected to go in the latter half of the top 10, both the Knicks and Nuggets could end up giving us a draft pick between 4 to 14. :eek:

Hurray!!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fucking LOL

Some guy (gare joyce) at sportsnet tweeted that dave morrison has been fired by the leafs

Another guy then contacts morrison and says he is still there

Then sportsnet guy suggests that his firing is imminent per two sources and morrison hasn't yet been notified

Awwwwkkkkkward if true... so much for the era of silence

Quick

Banned
Fucking LOL

Some guy (gare joyce) at sportsnet tweeted that dave morrison has been fired by the leafs

Another guy then contacts morrison and says he is still there

Then sportsnet guy suggests that his firing is imminent per two sources and morrison hasn't yet been notified

Awwwwkkkkkward if true... so much for the era of silence

errrrrr wow.

Pension Plan Puppets are reporting it as "may have fired".

If this is true, it seems odd considering how quickly it happened after the hiring of Lamoriello. Jeez.

zroid

Banned
Some have been speculating that, if it's true, then LL might be bringing over his longtime scouting guy from Jersey, whom they recently let go of. Which would be pretty bad... Devils drafting has been shite for ages.

Quick

Banned
Some have been speculating that, if it's true, then LL might be bringing over his longtime scouting guy from Jersey, whom they recently let go of. Which would be pretty bad... Devils drafting has been shite for ages.

I saw that on the PPP article I posted. That worries me greatly.

Quick

Banned
Lou doing immediate damage control?

Score App notification: "Maple Leafs GM Lou Lamoriello say no one from Devils staff will join him in Toronto."

Calamari41

41 > 38
This thread is going to be dead during the offseason after the Leafs win their next Cup and nobody wants any moves to be made.

2037 will be a hell of a year.

Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine Leafs will be fine

So I've been gone for a while. I hear Quebec City and Las Vegas were the only cities to apply for a expansion team? If so, this is good. That way Quebec will get a team once again and Vegas and Arizona can move to the pacific northwest in due time.

yyzjohn

Banned
On the plus side, devils were always better than us at drafting (though 2006 we somehow got 5 NHL players...)

But then again... it's hard to get talent when you sometimes have 5 draft picks in 1 year (2013)

When the Leafs fired 18 scouts back in the spring, I wondered how the hell Morrison could keep his job given he was overseeing all the scouts.

Then at the draft all the talk was that Hunter was running the show. "It's Hunter's draft" they all said. So again, what the hell was Morrison's role?

My speculation - they planned to fire or demote Morrison all the time, but left it up to the new GM hire whenever it was made. That way he can come in and show that he has "full authority" to make moves, but he's not actually firing anyone that the new regime has put in place.

Cake Boss

Banned
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 17m17 minutes ago
Not sure if out yet, but NYR offer to Stepan is $5.2M. Stepan ask is $7.25M

Asking for dat Oreally dough.

Top Bottom