• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stepan asking for 7.25 million. :lol

Wow I should really read the last post, I scanned to see if Meta said anything about it.
I've been busy!

Stepan's ask is right around what was expected. The Rangers offer is actually way below the numbers they've reportedly been offering to Stepan (around 6.5-6.75), so that's clearly just a false number to get Stepan to sign.

Basically "look, the midpoint in arbitration is lower than what you'd get if you just sign the deal we're giving you instead."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
CKn8JRZVEAAoq3-.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The more I read about this LL signing the more I like it. The whole feature on LL and how much influence he has and the respect he gets.

My favourite but from the hockey break is him telling Blowhard Burke to take the LSAT and Burke refused. LL told him it wasn't a request. :D

zroid

Banned
The more I read about this LL signing the more I like it. The whole feature on LL and how much influence he has and the respect he gets.

My favourite but from the hockey break is him telling Blowhard Burke to take the LSAT and Burke refused. LL told him it wasn't a request. :D
i wanna be more optimistic but these Conte rumours have me shook D:

Curufinwe

Medvedev and Del Zotto. LSchenn is probably on the way out considering that they got Gudas and he has a cap hit less than a third as large.

Curufinwe

Del Zotto played 22 minutes a game against the 2nd hardest competition on the defense, and scored 32 points in 64 games, most of which were at ES. It's a fair deal that gives Provorov, Sanheim, Gostisbehere, Morin and Hagg more time to develop.

And Hextall managed to dump our slowest dman in Arizona and be under the cap with a full roster of 23. Meanwhile Pittsburgh are still stuck with Scuderi's corpse and only have $4m in space to add four forwards.

Del Zotto played 22 minutes a game against the 2nd hardest competition on the defense, and scored 32 points in 64 games, most of which were at ES. It's a fair deal that gives Provorov, Sanheim, Gostisbehere, Morin and Hagg more time to develop.

And Hextall managed to dump our slowest dman in Arizona and be under the cap with a full roster of 23. Meanwhile Pittsburgh are still stuck with Scuderi's corpse and only have $4m in space to sign four forwards.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Do you really want to bet on who will be higher in the standings? You make it sound like he's created the dream team in Philly, you have a shit load of overpaid, washed up superstars but you're actually bragging about it.

And wow, what a fucking mastermind to bury a single contract in Arizona. NO OTHER TEAM HAS EVER DONE THAT. Arizona has been taking shit contracts by the handful to hit the floor. :lol

Curufinwe

Then why do you still have Scuderi's shit contract?

Loads? Vinny is the only overpaid, washed up superstar on the Flyers.

Pittsburgh will probably finish higher again, but they'll probably get swept by the Flyers again, and they'll certainly flame out early in the playoffs again. Kessel is not going to fix the defense that lost Martin, Erhroff and Despres, or stop MAF from melting down under pressure.

Loads? Vinny is the only overpaid, washed up superstar on the Flyers.

Pittsburgh will probably finish higher again, but they'll probably get swept by the Flyers again, and they'll certainly flame out early in the playoffs again. Kessel is not going to fix the defense that lost Martin, Erhroff and Despres, or stop MAF from melting down under pressure.

:lol Who are you guys pushing out to make the playoffs exactly? And Martin wasn't anything special last year and Ehrhoff only played half a season. You make it sound like we lost 2 key pieces on defense.

Curufinwe

Can you list the "handful" of shit contracts Arizona have taken? As for reaching the cap floor, they will do that even without Pronger's hit once they resign Gormley.

Curufinwe

Are you seriously arguing they didn't take the Pronger contract to get closer to the floor?

That's what their GM said in their STH meeting. I'm just stating the facts of their cap situation while I wait for you to actually back up your "handful" claim. Which you won't be able to do because it's not accurate and was just more of the ignorant, angry bullshit you're so well known for in this thread.

That's what their GM said in their STH meeting. I'm just stating the facts of their cap situation while I wait for you to actually back up your "handful" claim. Which you won't be able to do because it's not accurate and was just more of the ignorant, angry bullshit you're so well known for in this thread.

Are you serious? Because their GM didn't say it was a blatant move to reach the floor it isn't? Ok.

And I was wrong, the only crappy contracts are from the flyers. It's not an achievement though to sell garbage to a team trying to hit the floor like the panthers did a couple years ago when they collapsed.

yyzjohn

Banned

Yeah he's respected so he'll take all the hits over decisions the team makes. He's basically a shield for the inexperienced Shanahan and Dubas. The committee will make decisions but LL executes them and makes all the calls. Perfect situation to bring along Dubas to take over in a few years.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How does Quebec register Nordique domains, when we own the rights and there's not an actual approved team yet?

NHL owns all team names, not the teams themselves

Also i would assume it's probably going to be for a ticket drive or something because all team sites go through the NHLs own network... and them yanking the name is like the jets and yotes... you'll probably own the "history" but not the name.

Top Bottom