• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

mdubs

Banned
CEaKEOJWMAAiruC.jpg:large

Apparently this is a well known troll, but I laughed anyways

Foggy

Mmmmmmmmmm, Provorov

Provorov on a line with Ryan Murray and mentored by Fedor Tyutin. It's gotta happen. Oh lordy, please happen.

There's been all sorts of speculation that the Jackets might trade up, but this pick makes so much sense.

zroid

Banned
oh wow

USA down 0-2 to Belarus

edit: 0-3. Yikes.

Downloading the demo now. :D

Edit: Nintendo, why is the demo so weird? I'm not home at the times listed. I don't feel like bringing the WiiU to the cottage.

Wouldn't be Nintendo if it wasn't done in the weirdest way possible!

Pikma

Banned
Booyah
Base
:lol

that and the shopkeepers' names made me giggle like a little kid

Downloading the demo now. :D

Edit: Nintendo, why is the demo so weird? I'm not home at the times listed. I don't feel like bringing the WiiU to the cottage.

That's because it's a server stress test disguised as a demo. :(

Dammit I need to fix my gamepad
or buy another WiiU
before May 29th

Marvie_3

Banned
I honestly thought Minnesota would win this series.
As did I. Chicago was way too inconsistent coming in to the series and I thought with the way the WIld had been playing, that they'd be able to take advantage of the mistakes Chicago had been making. The Hawks have figured things out in a hurry though.

Holy shit, Splatoon looks amazing!!

Yeah it does. Can't wait for the 29th now. :D

Cause I know you Minny fans are lurking.

We have them right where we want them.

In other news, group projects suck. I did 90% of the work on our marketing paper and was all pissed off but the rest of my group stepped up and rocked the fuck out of our presentation, we balled hard and came away with the best group presentation of the semester. Prof said so. She also said she is going to bring our plan to the actual owner of the company and try to convince the owner to implement our plan.

Plus I looked pretty darn nice. Black shirt, gray pants, purple tie. I could definitely tell a few ladies were checking me out.

We go hard up here in North Dakota.

Wow. Did a bunch of Americans turn down the invite? Who are they missing?

Available but didn't go:
Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson, Shattenkirk, Martin, Byfuglien

Oshie, Backes, Pavelski, JVR, Brown, Stastny, Wheeler, Kessel, Ryan

Goalies: Miller, Quick, Howard

Most of those are Olympians that turned the team down, but for the most part the USA roster is a joke.

Not to mention that the best USA players are still in the playoffs. Parise, Suter, Kane, Kesler, Fowler, Bishop, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Gaudreau, Callahan, and others.

Available but didn't go:
Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson, Shattenkirk, Martin, Byfuglien

Oshie, Backes, Pavelski, JVR, Brown, Stastny, Wheeler, Kessel, Ryan

Goalies: Miller, Quick, Howard

Most of those are Olympians that turned the team down, but for the most part the USA roster is a joke.

Not to mention that the best USA players are still in the playoffs. Parise, Suter, Kane, Kesler, Fowler, Bishop, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Gaudreau, Callahan, and others.

Johnson has been injured since the All Star break, I don't think he was ready to play yet.

calder

Oh, Jacob Trouba's another one

Trouba had surgery on his right hand last week, he broke it in game two against the Ducks.

Buff had a couple of dislocated ribs too. I'd assume at least some of the other USA no shows were injured as well.

fallout

:lol We're losing to fucking Belarus. How the fuck does that happen? USA Hockey is a joke.
Eh. It's not like this hasn't happened to Team Canada in previous years when key players didn't show up. It's a big part of what makes the tournament uninteresting to many.

:lol We're losing to fucking Belarus. How the fuck does that happen? USA Hockey is a joke.

Belarus is pretty decent team nowadays though. Full of pretty good KHL players who know how to play on big ice. KHL and yearly worlds have really improved the play of lesser teams.

zroid

Banned
Trouba had surgery on his right hand last week, he broke it in game two against the Ducks.

Buff had a couple of dislocated ribs too. I'd assume at least some of the other USA no shows were injured as well.

Oh, dang. Forgot about all those Jets injuries.

Parch

Eh. It's not like this hasn't happened to Team Canada in previous years when key players didn't show up. It's a big part of what makes the tournament uninteresting to many.
Yeah, but it's a big deal with Europeans and that's alright. They have a bunch of fun with it and Canada the US go over there as the bad guys. They desperately want to beat us.

We all know Olympics and World Cups are the real international tournaments.

zroid

Banned
Dubnyk was on a one year contract right?

gonna be interesting to see where he ends up...

like I said in the other thread when everyone was hating on him his career numbers are actually very good outside of one atrocious season. this season was no more an outlier than that bad one.\

that said, he might get horribly overpaid because he is now a Vezina Nominee™

Pikma

Banned
Splatoon keeps blowing my mind, I hadn't noticed the squid sisters were named Callie and Marie, get it?

like I said in the other thread when everyone was hating on him his career numbers are actually very good outside of one atrocious season. this season was no more an outlier than that bad one.

that said, he might get horribly overpaid because he is now a "Vezina Nominee"
Can't they give him a new contract? it'd be dumb of them to let him go.

Vman

like I said in the other thread when everyone was hating on him his career numbers are actually very good outside of one atrocious season. this season was no more an outlier than that bad one.

that said, he might get horribly overpaid because he is now a Vezina Nominee™

He will most likely get a 2 year 6 mill deal. Term is more the issue with him, not money. He most certainly was not the issue in the playoffs. Outside of that 6-1 blowout in the first round he was solid. Even had a shutout. I don't get the sudden hate for him.

Top Bottom