• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Wild need a number one centre? I have just the man.

Should be Babcock. Will be Boucher because french reasons.

If Bergevin has a chance to hire Babcock and chooses not to(not saying it happens), then I don't know how he can sit there and tell the fans he's building the best team he can.

From @rich_hammond

Audio of Varlamova being played in court. She was sobbing, talking about how Voynov pushed her into TV.

Varlamova said Voynov “is aggressive every time. It is not first time.” Also said “my blood, all over our bedroom.”

I don't think Voynov is coming back to the NHL

Pure Scumbag.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Babcock has permission from the Red Wings to speak with other teams.

The Detroit Red Wings have given him permission to talk to other NHL teams about coaching opportunities in a window that is open until May 25. That doesn't guarantee he is leaving Detroit, just that he is exploring his options.

"If there is a better situation out there for Mike Babcock, he's earned the right to explore that," Red Wings general manager Ken Holland told reporters on Friday. "We made a contract offer to Mike last June and couldn't find a solution. I went to him again in January and made another contract extension offer, and Mike felt, at that point in time, that he appreciated the offer but wanted to wait until the end of the year. That was the only conversation that we really had this winter.

"When we went to Grand Rapids (last weekend), spent four hours together in the car, we had a great talk. I told Mike that we'd like to re-sign him, we want him back. He would like the opportunity to explore any possibilities that are out there for him. Certainly, we are a possibility."

Holland added that if Babcock leaves, Grand Rapids Griffins head coach Jeff Blashill would be a "legitimate candidate" to take over behind the bench.

There are six coaching vacancies in the NHL with the Edmonton Oilers, Buffalo Sabres, Toronto Maple Leafs, Philadelphia Flyers, New Jersey Devils and San Jose Sharks looking to hire for next season.

All of have varying levels of appeal, particularly the Oilers, Sabres and Leafs.

Quick

Banned
From @rich_hammond

Audio of Varlamova being played in court. She was sobbing, talking about how Voynov pushed her into TV.

Varlamova said Voynov “is aggressive every time. It is not first time.” Also said “my blood, all over our bedroom.”

I don't think Voynov is coming back to the NHL

What a piece of shit.

His career is done stateside, at least.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If Babcock can turn around the Leafs and possibly bring them a Cup... Would he be given sainthood?

Pfft, every member of the Stanley Cup winning Leafs team would have a statue built in their home town, a statue of the entire team built in front of the ACC.

Coach would ascend to godhood.

No one on that team right on down to equipment manager would never have to pay for a single thing as long as they're in Ontario.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks extended their lease at The Tank for another 10 years.

Owner also said they're looking for a couple dmen and a better 4th line in the offseason.

zroid

Banned
So Dubas went on radio and pretty much categorically said they haven't been actively looking at Sheldon Keefe to join the organization next year. He wasn't really even cagey about it.

Hmmmmm...

Nm4qabT.png

36 goal season coming up.

Socreges

Banned
Take Sbisa please.
I've decided I can deal with his contract. Just 3 years, a small raise over what he was already making, and a chance he'll earn it. If not then he helps us tank.

But Dorsett. What the fuck. He's good, but why would they ever pay someone his age with his skills that much for that long? Doesn't make any sense.

Samyy

So Dubas went on radio and pretty much categorically said they haven't been actively looking at Sheldon Keefe to join the organization next year. He wasn't really even cagey about it.

Hmmmmm...

:/
I hope another org doesn't snag him D:

Quick

Banned
Sharks extended their lease at The Tank for another 10 years.

Owner also said they're looking for a couple dmen and a better 4th line in the offseason.

Is The Tank still a good venue? Have there ever been talks about building a new arena?

Team USA is going to get a pretty decent boost from Charlie Coyle. Big, physical guy that USA doesn't really have.

Expect him to play on the 2nd or 3rd line and cycle well. Should help out the forwards quite a bit.

don't you think it was kind of dumb he didn't get called up? probably would have helped

He did get called up and played 30 games this year for us I think? Only problem is that he struggled a little bit with the transition though and eventually found his way in Babs dog house (go figure) for the playoffs. Still some feel he wasn't being utilized correctly by Babs and also he just needs to learn the NHL, the kid will make it and will be a heck of a force with his shot and knack for scoring, he just may take a little longer to get the full NHL transition.

Also I wonder if the Babs will actually consider the Oilers with McJesus going to them. Out of all the teams who are really looking for a coach, I kinda want to see him go there. All the rest of the teams are in the East and I don't want Babs in the east, and well, screw the Sharks.

calder

I wonder if that's a sign of how realistic they are about Hammond, or if they assume someone else will pay him like a true starter.

Pikma

Banned
Looks like Enroth is not returning to the Stars, kinda expected but I still had some hope.

Ugh that means we'll probably end up with yet another shitty back up goalie next season, Lehtonen better step up his game this time...

Cake Boss

Banned
Looks like Enroth is not returning to the Stars, kinda expected but I still had some hope.

Ugh that means we'll probably end up with yet another shitty back up goalie next season, Lehtonen better step up his game this time...

Hmmm we got a couple of goalies to send your way.

Silexx

Yes those Jesse Winchesters and Bobby Butlers are unbeatable players.

lol

Well, I never said they were GOOD signings. But for whatever reason, when these highly sought after college free agents come along, Murray just seems to be able to win them over somehow.

Top Bottom