• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Socreges

Banned
Thank goodness Canucks drafted Cole Cassels who appears to be McJesus' kryptonite in the series. Nullifying his offense and kept him at a minus in the plus/minus category.
Worth mentioning that Cassels has almost two years on McDavid, but still:
Cassels has been a revelation for Oshawa this season. The son of former NHLer Andrew Cassels, the Ohio product ratcheted up his offensive game while at the same time maintaining the gritty edge that makes him a physical threat every night. What was most interesting about Game 1 is that early on, Oshawa kept McDavid at bay by going on the offensive: After all, the kid’s way less dangerous if he doesn’t have the puck. In an effort to generate chances, McDavid would sometimes loop back to his own blueline and lope up the ice with the puck, weaving past checkers. But he could never get past all of them.
The only time McDavid pierced the Generals was on a power play, when Cassels was not on the ice. Otherwise, Cassels did what no other team has been able to do during these playoffs: neutralize the unholy force that is McDavid.
Let's see if he can keep it up...

Quick

Banned
Personally I'm just all about the story and seeing how crazy our media will get about it.

Looking forward to Simmons/Cox/Feschuk racing to put out the first article on how whoever we hire is not a world class coach for this "world class" team.

"Kessel drove Babcock out of Toronto before he could even be hired" will be the storyline for when Babcock signs with another team.

Fei

Would :lol hard if Buffalo ends up winning a cup before Edmonton does.

Which they probably will. But if they get Babcock it's almost assured.

We're still Buffalo, and we're still the team that finished last the previous two seasons... But getting Babcock sure wouldn't hurt our chances of a successful rebuild.

zroid

Banned
Man, I never finished the last season of MCA. I was down to the last 15 eps or so and then I got busy with stuff and never went back. Not sure if I should bother finishing it or just get on with the new season.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I never finished the last season of MCA. I was down to the last 15 eps or so and then I got busy with stuff and never went back. Not sure if I should bother finishing it or just get on with the new season.

Well, there's only about 5 episodes of the new season so far if you want to jump in.

Babcock-watch 2015 continues:

Mike Babcock is busy exploring his options.

One of them is to join the Buffalo Sabres.

Babcock was spotted with owners Terry and Kim Pegula and general manager Tim Murray by a HarborCenter employee early Sunday night, as they toured the complex.

The Sabres issued a statement that said the team would have no comment on its search for a new coach until one of the candidates is hired.

Quick

Banned
Just when I get settled into using Firefox, I suddenly get a freezing issue. Just on my PC, though.

And on the Mac side, I ran into an issue where my keyboard wasn't responding on any text fields.

Spartan Browser Microsoft Edge, save me.

RC

Banned
Rather ironic post. ;). And hello!

I've got something that'll cheer you right up Zedge:

DqldFoR.jpg

Top Bottom