• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
lol

Well, I never said they were GOOD signings. But for whatever reason, when these highly sought after college free agents come along, Murray just seems to be able to win them over somehow.

guarantees free, unlimited beavertails to all signings for the duration of their contracts

hard to compete with that

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Enroth is not returning to the Stars, kinda expected but I still had some hope.

Ugh that means we'll probably end up with yet another shitty back up goalie next season, Lehtonen better step up his game this time...

Hammond, come on down!

Watch Enroth go back to Buffalo and win the cup with Eichel =/

zroid

Banned
Huh. Apparently Auston Matthews might be going to play in Europe next season.

That's pretty interesting, makes a lot of sense too.

For one thing, it could help his development since he'll face tougher competition than in the CHL or NCAA. It also means he can play in the AHL in his draft+1 (although more likely he goes straight to the NHL, but it gives him and his club more options).

Samyy

For one thing, it could help his development since he'll face tougher competition than in the CHL or NCAA. It also means he can play in the AHL in his draft+1 (although more likely he goes straight to the NHL, but it gives him and his club more options).

Man I wonder if this becomes the new thing to do, wonder how this'll impact his draft stock :/

Looks like he's going to Switzerland
According to swisshockeynews.ch, Matthews has signed with the ZSC Lions.
Sportsnet’s Damien Cox reports Matthews could earn in the neighborhood of $500,000 playing in Europe. The Scottsdale, Arizona native would still be eligible to play for the U.S. at the World Junior Hockey Championship and potentially next year’s World Hockey Championship.

This sounds like the best-case scenario for him on top of the more lenient rules with the AHL when he get drafted.

Exactly. Really helps out his draft spot IMO.

There are a few guys right now that are looking to be top picks, but a chunk of them (Day, Chychrun, Jones) are all Canadian kids that are guaranteed either NHL or CHL. Only Puljujarvi, Laine, and now Mathews have the option of going to the AHL next year.

Gives clubs more options.

calder

1297545758165_ORIGINAL.jpg

<3 <3 Hellebuyck <3

Going to Switzerland sounds like a great idea for Matthews, he definitely falls into that "too good and physically mature to play with teenagers, not ready for the NHL" class and he gets to become a pro a bit earlier.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit: so since leafs have been allowed to speak to babcock, this likely means they ar allowed to talk numbers which I assume when Detroit allowed Babcock to speak to other teams... It was primarily around interest and casual back and forth... And not formal contract negotiations

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit: so since leafs have been allowed to speak to babcock, this likely means they ar allowed to talk numbers which I assume when Detroit allowed Babcock to speak to other teams... It was primarily around interest and casual back and forth... And not formal contract negotiations

Most likely, I took them letting him talk to other teams just being parameters of a contract/money/etc. But nothing "formal"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think everyone agrees it's a long shot

Personally I'm just all about the story and seeing how crazy our media will get about it.

Looking forward to Simmons/Cox/Feschuk racing to put out the first article on how whoever we hire is not a world class coach for this "world class" team.

zroid

Banned
Personally I'm just all about the story and seeing how crazy our media will get about it.

Looking forward to Simmons/Cox/Feschuk racing to put out the first article on how whoever we hire is not a world class coach for this "world class" team.

It might just give them more fodder to attack Kessel when Babcock doesn't miraculously make him score 50 goals

Stasis

I think I'll be joining all you fine folk at some point past 10pm est tonight.

I accept it. I am ready. Will you have me?

Stasis

Tbh we've shown that all the caps need to do is score 2-3 goals. One odd bounce, one softy...

We need a 6 goal breakout like you dudes. =/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smellies robbed. That was a goal!

What are you talking about, we just scored! :p

I'm amazed we're not getting blown out yet

thanks Mike Smith!

EDIT: Fiala is playing? Niiiiice. 18year old first-round pick for the Perds. They must've gotten a liking for us Commies after Josi

zroid

Banned
Hockey should have a "playing the advantage" type of call (a la soccer) for offside infractions. If the puck is turned over immediately following an offside, having a faceoff could be considered advantageous for the attacking team.

Top Bottom