• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

giphy.gif

Curufinwe

It's rough reading forums for your own team when ludicrous trade proposals are treated somewhat seriously. No, Anaheim are not going to give the Flyers John Gibson for a 2nd rounder.

zedge

Where's the link to the gamer tag list? When I changed my GT on Xbox a while back I lost all my friends. ;(. Havent bothered updating it yet.

Pikma

Banned
The new Igavania kickstarter actually got announced!!! BUT it's not coming to any handheld and it's getting made on UE4. What is this nightmare ;_;

Wild GM Chuck Fletcher was interviewed today and said a few interesting things.
  • Wild probably won't do much, if anything, in free agency
  • AHL affiliate Iowa Wild sucked ass last season and he is going to try and do a lot to improve them for next season.
  • Already talked to Dubnyk about coming back for next season.
Dubnyk also came out and reinforced the idea of coming back. He wants to stay.

Also, Iowa isn't going to be great or anything next season, but they have a decent core to build around. Defense/goalie was a problem last year, and their #1, Gustavsson, is going back to Sweden. Biggest issue though was lack of scoring talent. I'm hoping we draft a Euro in the 1st that can immediately come over and start improving Iowa, personally.

calder

It's rough reading forums for your own team when ludicrous trade proposals are treated somewhat seriously. No, Anaheim are not going to give the Flyers John Gibson for a 2nd rounder.

Single team forums are the worst. Pretty much every fan drastically over values their own teams prospects/roster and has an insanely optimistic outlook for the future - that's just normal - but on a forum with only that viewpoint the whole thing gets ramped up a hundred degrees.

"What do you guys think Chevy could get for Pavelec right now? A couple of picks? Maybe a first and a decent prospect?"

*gunshot*

Wild GM Chuck Fletcher was interviewed today and said a few interesting things.
  • Wild probably won't do much, if anything, in free agency
  • AHL affiliate Iowa Wild sucked ass last season and he is going to try and do a lot to improve them for next season.
  • Already talked to Dubnyk about coming back for next season.
Dubnyk also came out and reinforced the idea of coming back. He wants to stay.

Also, Iowa isn't going to be great or anything next season, but they have a decent core to build around. Defense/goalie was a problem last year, and their #1, Gustavsson, is going back to Sweden. Biggest issue though was lack of scoring talent. I'm hoping we draft a Euro in the 1st that can immediately come over and start improving Iowa, personally.

I guess Dubnyk decided to sell his soul after all.

zroid

Banned
The new Igavania kickstarter actually got announced!!! BUT it's not coming to any handheld and it's getting made on UE4. What is this nightmare ;_;

yea kind of a bummer. looks fine still but I'm not gonna back it, will just wait to see how it turns out, or if they announce more platforms.

Pikma

Banned
Poor Benn, at least it seems like he will have all kinds of fun this off-season lol

yea kind of a bummer. looks fine still but I'm not gonna back it, will just wait to see how it turns out, or if they announce more platforms.
I'm in the same situation, actually. As much as I want I won't back a project that doesn't offer what I'm looking for. Hopefully that changes soon...

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hope iga's game is good and traversal is just like SOTN. Axiom Verge was annoying as heck to get around in. That art style though :/ yeesh. Hope that's not final.

Went back and watched a few compilation videos of the best goals of the season.

There were lots of good ones. That's what's cool about hockey. Even scrub teams like Edmonton, Buffalo, Carolina, and Toronto still have highlight reel goals that are just amazing to watch. And electrifying players like Ovechkin, Tarasenko, Crosby, and others just put up great goals and are fun as hell to watch.

Not to mention Minnesota had quite a few beauties this year too.

I know everyone on here gripes about their coaches, but this shit is inexcusable:

One area Yeo said must improve next season is the power play. The Wild turned the NHL’s 27th-ranked penalty kill into the league’s best penalty kill this season. Next year, it’ll want to improve on the NHL’s 27th-ranked power play.

The Wild clicked at 30.4 percent in the first two rounds, although after going 0-for-3 in Game 3’s 1-0 loss and failing twice with a chance to tie, Yeo finally overhauled the units in Game 4 (Game 92 of the season). That’s something he resisted during the regular season.

“I wish we wouldn’t have waited to the last game to make adjustments,” Suter said.

Yeo went the entire season with the exact same powerplay that never worked. It was ranked #27 in the league. And he waits until the very last fucking game of the season to shake things up. Insanity.

Top Bottom