• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
Guys?? Drinks in the port? Riots on Ste. Catherine?? Can we fucking do something??

Friend posted this pic, ppl are launching fireworks near Palais Des Congres lol

11218910_10153322348359187_6122277792321110694_n.jpg

5ESBDuJ.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's right. Bergevin has pulled all the right moves so far, and our prospect pool is quite deep. It's the time to make some big moves, this summer should be interesting.

Yeah, when you have a franchise goalie, franchise defensemen, and elite scorer all in their primes, you can't continue waiting for the younger guys to catch up.

Galchenyuk will be fine, and Gallagher is awesome. They don't have any prospects who will jump right into the top 6, so that's what they have to aim for in a trade, the UFA pool is awful this year.

The defense is fine for the most part, no need to go outside the organization. Keep Petry and trade Emelin. I don't mind Gilbert, but Pateryn may have made him expendable anyway.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price said:
I needed to make more saves in games early in the series
Pretty rough to hear him place the blame on himself.

Subban said:
Too many times this year he's bailed us out. That's gotta change.
Hopefully this is a subtle dig at Therrien and his bullshit system.

Yeah, when you have a franchise goalie, franchise defensemen, and elite scorer all in their primes, you can't continue waiting for the younger guys to catch up.

Galchenyuk will be fine, and Gallagher is awesome. They don't have any prospects who will jump right into the top 6, so that's what they have to aim for in a trade, the UFA pool is awful this year.

The defense is fine for the most part, no need to go outside the organization. Keep Petry and trade Emelin. I don't mind Gilbert, but Pateryn may have made him expendable anyway.
I agree with all of that more or less. I just wish they had put AGally at center to start the season and kept him there all year. He would have been ready for the playoffs, his line with DD was complete garbage all playoffs.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty rough to hear him place the blame on himself.

Hopefully this is a subtle dig at Therrien and his bullshit system.

I agree with all of that more or less. I just wish they had put AGally at center to start the season and kept him there all year. He would have been ready for the playoffs, his line with DD was complete garbage all playoffs.

Absolutely, I meant to say trade Desharnais too and have Galchenyuk take over the easy starts at centre, but Desharnais isn't going anywhere no matter what.

Red_Man

Therrien saying he's disappointed in the team LOOOOL

Hopefully this is a Paul Maclean moment where he makes a dumb comment and is gone by next month. What a retard.

zroid

Banned
I'm sure he'll keep 97, it's almost iconic by now

I mean, unless he wans to save it for his future Leafs jersey, then I can understand wanting to use a different number till the One True Jersey

Red_Man

Subban said:
I can’t focus on saying we need to wait a couple of years before we can contend. We need to contend now
Subban needs to pull a LeBron and put Therrien on blast. Loving these comments.

Red_Man

Is that comment not a straw man? Who's saying the Habs aren't supposed to be contenders right now? They finished 2nd in the league FFS.
Whenever asked about their expectations, Bergevin has always maintained that they're a transition team and that just making the playoffs alone was a success. It's part of him sheltering Therrien, but he needs to address we have the players to go far, but it won't happen with Therrien at the helm. Subban is more or less bringing that up which is kind of big to hear from any of the players.

Socreges

Banned
Whenever asked about their expectations, Bergevin has always maintained that they're a transition team and that just making the playoffs alone was a success. It's part of him sheltering Therrien, but he needs to address we have the players to go far, but it won't happen with Therrien at the helm. Subban is more or less bringing that up which is kind of big to hear from any of the players.
Subban infallible. Bergevin infallible. Therrien fundamental reason for failures. Got it.

Red_Man

Pleks with another meh playoffs. He only has 1 year left on his contract, as valuable as he is in the regular season, it's time to seriously considering moving him while he still has value.

Subban infallible. Bergevin infallible. Therrien fundamental reason for failures. Got it.
The team has a Hart / Vezina winning goalie, a Norris winning D man, top 10 winger, and has been the healthiest they've been in a decade and still had a garbage PP, PK and wasn't able to score 5v5. Yea, coaching is a huge problem, and anyone who follows this team knows that.

Socreges

Banned
The team has a Hart / Vezina winning goalie, a Norris winning D man, top 10 winger, and has been the healthiest they've been in a decade and still had a garbage PP, PK and wasn't able to score 5v5. Yea, coaching is a huge problem, and anyone who follows this team knows that.
I'm not saying Therrien isn't a problem. Just poking fun at your spin. As if Subban throwing out empty platitudes is somehow both a) exactly what the team needs, and b) calling out Therrien and not management.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They had really bad moments this season, even PK had a really bad first half. The only one who was consistent was Price. Even when the key players came back, the big issues were still there, unchanged. That shows that you can't expect more as things stand without some kind of change; either a lot of players are out, or Therrien/coaches are out. That Galchenyuk's year was basically wasted is a big problem.

Red_Man

CE2yadZXIAAXEta.jpg:large

Pretty harsh comments, especially considering he had a garbage game.

I'm not saying Therrien isn't a problem. Just poking fun at your spin. As if Subban throwing out empty platitudes is somehow both a) exactly what the team needs, and b) calling out Therrien and not management.
I didn't say he wasn't calling out Bergevin, Therrien has made the same comments about them being a transition team. He is doing both by making those comments, and hopefully more players express the same sentiment. I've never defended Bergevin protecting Therrien, and I hope he can recognize the hack of a coach that he is.

They had really bad moments this season, even PK had a really bad first half. The only one who was consistent was Price. Even when the key players came back, the big issues were still there, unchanged. That shows that you can't expect more as things stand without some kind of change; either a lot of players are out, or Therrien/coaches are out. That Galchenyuk's year was basically wasted is a big problem.
Long term it's one of our biggest problems, if Desharnais is still a first or second line center on this team next season, I'll have lost a lot of faith in Bergevin.

The Absolute Worst Thing Therrien has done This Season is not moving Galchenyuk to Center. He is seriously hurting his Development

Then you look at guys like Drouin not Playing at all. I don't want that to happen to Galchenyuk

Marvie_3

Banned
CE2yadZXIAAXEta.jpg:large

Pretty harsh comments, especially considering he had a garbage game.

I didn't say he wasn't calling out Bergevin, Therrien has made the same comments about them being a transition team. He is doing both by making those comments, and hopefully more players express the same sentiment. I've never defended Bergevin protecting Therrien, and I hope he can recognize the hack of a coach that he is.

Long term it's one of our biggest problems, if Desharnais is still a first or second line center on this team next season, I'll have lost a lot of faith in Bergevin.

We won a cup with Handzus as our 2C. I don't see what the problem is here.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
But what I really hated is that watching 24CH last season (I think it was last season), I saw Galchenyuk telling Prust during training "I suck! I'm the worst!" etc., literally in those words, like a depressed girlfriend, and Prust consoling him like he was his boyfriend, being all nice and sweet telling him "No, you're the best...". Then we find out Galchenyuk said he didn't want to be center, it was too much pressure.

This is clearly a young player who needs to gain confidence and learn not to cry over his performance. What did they do? Remove him from center.

What the fuck, if this team is being built, YOU MAKE HIM PLAY CENTER, PERIOD. You don't say "well we might not finish first or win the cup, he's not scoring!". You have to grow those players, make them gain maturity, have the veterans provide the support, especially someone like Pac, who should be the captain already.

Therrien is not coaching this team like a team that is supposed to learn, he's coaching them like he just wants to show people how he's tough and old school and what not.

edit: As for DD, I don't care, at least he performs. But he shouldn't be on the first line.

Red_Man

But what I really hated is that watching 24CH last season (I think it was last season), I saw Galchenyuk telling Prust during training "I suck! I'm the worst!" etc., literally in those words, like a depressed girlfriend, and Prust consoling him like he was his boyfriend, being all nice and sweet telling him "No, you're the best...". Then we find out Galchenyuk said he didn't want to be center, it was too much pressure.
This was confirmed to be bullshit by some reporter a few weeks after that came out. Just another reason to toss Therrien, I'm pretty sure I hate him more than I did Martin at this point. At least Martin had the excuse of having a patch work team.

We won a cup with Handzus as our 2C. I don't see what the problem is here.
Yea, but we don't have a Toews. Or a Kane. Or a Hossa. Or a Seabrook. Or a blah blah

Marvie_3

Banned
This was confirmed to be bullshit by some reporter a few weeks after that came out. Just another reason to toss Therrien, I'm pretty sure I hate him more than I did Martin at this point. At least Martin had the excuse of having a patch work team.

Yea, but we don't have a Toews. Or a Kane. Or a Hossa. Or a Seabrook. Or a blah blah

I'm sure David Toews, Marcel Hossa, Keith Seabrook would be more than happy to play for you guys. You could probably even get Pat O'Kane from the Australian league!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't dislike Therrien more than JM, because JM couldn't gain the confidence of the team, just writing on his pad and that was that. Him with Gauthier and Molson is like the holy trinity of how to not get your players motivated to play for you.

That's what I liked when Therrien and Bergevin arrived, the players' eyes lit up, those two really made the team feel like they had some serious people in charge, people close to them. But it's been falling apart on Therrien's end, Therrien's actual coaching decisions have been bad considering the team's objectives.

Red_Man

Emelin: 34% Corsi, 71% offensive zone starts, 21:19 in ice time.

Beaulieu: 67% Corsi, 64% offensive zone starts, 13:15 in ice time.

The worst part about this is that you don't even need stats to see this. Just watching the two play you can see how much better Beaulieu has been, yet he's buried on the 3rd pairing. It's the same situation with DD / Eller / AGally and Weise / Parenteau. Therrien is too old school for this league.

Socreges

Banned
Fair enough

The worst part about this is that you don't even need stats to see this. Just watching the two play you can see how much better Beaulieu has been, yet he's buried on the 3rd pairing. It's the same situation with DD / Eller / AGally and Weise / Parenteau. Therrien is too old school for this league.

I hope Beaulieu becomes a First Pair Defenseman someday. Markov isn't getting younger. Pateryn has already filled Emelin's Role IMO. Gilbert.. I like Gilbert but there are some problems with him. But for the Love of God MB better Fucking Sign Petry.

Red_Man

I hope Beaulieu becomes a First Pair Defenseman someday. Markov isn't getting younger. Pateryn has already filled Emelin's Role IMO. Gilbert.. I like Gilbert but there are some problems with him. But for the Love of God MB better Fucking Sign Petry.
I'm not sure if it's funny or sad how important has become to our D corp. I believe he's a legitimate #2, I'd give him pretty much whatever he asks for, although hockey people on twitter seem convinced he'll test the market.

I'm not sure if it's funny or sad how important has become to our D corp. I believe he's a legitimate #2, I'd give him pretty much whatever he asks for, although hockey people on twitter seem convinced he'll test the market.

:(

I hope he stays..

But What Defenceman are out there for Offseason?

yyzjohn

Banned
Sorry Habs fans, I thought they'd come back to win but then I heard Dreger in the morning say he believed the Habs would win in 7 and I knew it was all over.

Solo

It'd be awwwwwfully nice if our GM got some fucking scoring this offseason and a new coach. And if he doesn't get those things, we need a new GM.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I know we're way past this at this point but Montreal point leaders in the playoffs:

Subban 8
Pacioretty 7
Gallagher 5

Subban did his part. A bunch of us have expressed frustration with Bergevin for picking up Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at the deadline while the team was struggling to score, this off season is a big one for him in gaining back some trust.

Therrien is a bad coach, but I'll admit he had limited options to work with in the top 6. His defense deployment was awful though.

yyzjohn

Banned
It'd be awwwwwfully nice if our GM got some fucking scoring this offseason and a new coach. And if he doesn't get those things, we need a new GM.

Have to agree with you. Price provided elite-level goaltending. Put him on a team with good offense and they'd be a Stanley Cup favorite. It's almost as if his efforts were wasted this season.

Top Bottom