• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Here's our RFA's/UFA's if anyone is interested

RFAs: Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Flynn, Bournival, Bowman, Dumont, Ellis, Nygren, Tangradi, Thomas, Tinordi.

UFAs: Malholtra, Mitchell, Gonchar, Petry, Weaver, Allen, Drewiskie, Macdonald.

Solo

Here's our RFA's/UFA's if anyone is interested

RFAs: Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Flynn, Bournival, Bowman, Dumont, Ellis, Nygren, Tangradi, Thomas, Tinordi.

UFAs: Malholtra, Mitchell, Gonchar, Petry, Weaver, Allen, Drewiskie, Macdonald.

Who we should keep/try to sign:

RFAs: Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Tinordi.

UFAs: Petry

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
To be traded : DD, Emelin, Plekanec

Plekanec is fantastic in the regular season, but always disappoints in the playoffs, it’s

time to get some value for him while we can.

Malholtra, Gonchar and Weaver are gone or should be.

Sign Petry to whatever he wants, he’s as good as a #2 and with Markov’s decline we
need one badly.

How I see my ideal lineup for next season

Patches – Agally – Bgally

Trade Target – Eller – PAP

Hudon / Scherbak / McCarron – JDLR – DSP / Andrighetto

Prust – Mitchell – Weise

Beaulieu – Subban
Markov - Petry
Tinordi – Pateryn
Gilbert
Price
Tokarski / Condon

The defence is in pretty good condition, Markov is fine on the second pairing as long as he isn’t playing 27 minutes a night against top competition. Beaulieu has shown he’s ready for a major role.

All of the following will be making a push for the team next season: McCarron, Scherbak, Andrighetto, Hudon, Thomas, Bournival, Carr, and Nygren. It’s time to move some of them in a package for a top 6 scoring winger.

AGally's contract negotiations should be interesting this season. I don't know if he wants to go short and hope to cash in after a great season, or settle for a middle of the pack contract. He needs to start the season at center, end of story.

FIRE THERRIEN.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Plekanec is fantastic in the regular season, but always disappoints in the playoffs, it’s

Sign Petry to whatever he wants, he’s as good as a #2 and with Markov’s decline we
need one badly.

Prust – Mitchell – Weise

Beaulieu – Subban
Markov - Petry
Tinordi – Pateryn
Gilbert
Price
Tokarski / Condon

The defence is in pretty good condition, Markov is fine on the second pairing as long as he isn’t playing 27 minutes a night against top competition. Beaulieu has shown he’s ready for a major role.

All of the following will be making a push for the team next season: McCarron, Scherbak, Andrighetto, Hudon, Thomas, Bournival, Carr, and Nygren. It’s time to move some of them in a package for a top 6 scoring winger.

AGally's contract negotiations should be interesting this season. I don't know if he wants to go short and hope to cash in after a great season, or settle for a middle of the pack contract. He needs to start the season at center, end of story.

FIRE THERRIEN.

Can't disagree with any of this, I wonder what kind of return Plekanec could get.

Red_Man

Can't disagree with any of this, I wonder what kind of return Plekanec could get.
Considering Vermette got the return he did, and Pleks is a better player in every way and just came off his best offensive season in 5 years, I'd like to think we could get a pretty decent return. I hate having to think about it because he's one of my favourite players and should retire a Hab, but his time has come and we need to get a return for him while we can.

Cake Boss

Banned
You guys are gonna look at my opinion as a troll attempt but seriously that projected forward group you guys have there is really weak compared to this years forward roster you iced. Thats a lot of pressure to put on a 21 year old who barely played centre in his pro career so far to suddenly be your #1, at least start him as a #2. And Eller to insulate him in case he fails or when he struggles is kinda a gamble too. And DLR as a 3rd line centre seems like a rush as that dude had 17 points in the AHL/NHL this season, again a lot of pressure to put into a 19 year old.

But that defense looks good if you resign Petry and lessen Markov's minutes, looks improved on paper.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

need one badly.

Prust – Mitchell – Weise

Beaulieu – Subban
Markov - Petry
Tinordi – Pateryn
Gilbert
Price
Tokarski / Condon

FIRE THERRIEN.

Good post. AGally better be at center and as long as Therrien is here DD will be as well.

Quick

Banned
It was two years ago today when this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYanopv3NCs

It was such a glorious time.

ZGUxQZFIyz6eY.gif

Red_Man

People calling for Price to be traded on TSN 690 :loooooool

You guys are gonna look at my opinion as a troll attempt but seriously that projected forward group you guys have there is really weak compared to this years forward roster you iced. Thats a lot of pressure to put on a 21 year old who barely played centre in his pro career so far to suddenly be your #1, at least start him as a #2. And Eller to insulate him in case he fails or when he struggles is kinda a gamble too. And DLR as a 3rd line centre seems like a rush as that dude had 17 points in the AHL/NHL this season, again a lot of pressure to put into a 19 year old.

But that defense looks good if you resign Petry and lessen Markov's minutes, looks improved on paper.
AGally won't be getting the touch defensive match ups and Eller has shown he's ready to handle them. We'll stumble a bit and not have as good of a season, but long term that is necessary. AGally needs to be thrown into it.

Trading Plekanec and Desharnais and then shoving Galchenyuk into C?

lmao
You think Desharnais is valuable in any way as a center?

lmao

I guess memories of squeaking out a series wins against the Leafs are what Bruins need to cling to to avoid coming to terms with their franchise being in decline ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In these trying times, we need to look back and dig deep for strength.

Solo

I agree. Also, Red's Top 6 is 5/6 of our current top 6.....who can't score. I think we need TWO top six legit acquisitions, if we can get them.

I'd rather see PAP gone and:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Trade Target
Trade Target-AGally-BGally

We need Plek for one more year I think to insulate AGally, who must (MUST MUST MUST) play the entire season at centre..

Pleks
AGally
Eller
Bag of pucks/Mitchell

Our defense is okay, but we need Petry or else we're weak again.

Red_Man

I agree. Also, Red's Top 6 is 5/6 of our current top 6.....who can't score. I think we need TWO top six legit acquisitions, if we can get them.

I'd rather see PAP gone and:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Trade Target
Trade Target-AGally-BGally
It would be nice, but when is the last time a team acquired two top six legit scoring wingers in the off season? Not to mention to do such a thing would cost a Beaulieu, Tinordi, Scherbak, Gallagher, etc.

Quick

Banned
Why does the TSN Hockey set look so small?

Just caught a segment on TV, and it looks like a news studio straight from the 80s/90s with how small and cramped it looked.

Solo

I guess the argument could be made that, if the team truly believes their window is now, then they may have to part with some players/prospects/picks that they'd normally prefer to keep in order to land those top six players. Really, aside from Price/PK/Patches, I'm sure everyone on Montreal is available if the deal makes sense.

As for AGally, his second half of the season was atrocious, easily his worst stint as a pro, BUT, his final 4 playoff games were his best in 4 months, so that is encouraging for next season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I guess the argument could be made that, if the team truly believes their window is now, then they may have to part with some players/prospects/picks that they'd normally prefer to keep in order to land those top six players. Really, aside from Price/PK/Patches, I'm sure everyone on Montreal is available if the deal makes sense.

As for AGally, his second half of the season was atrocious, easily his worst stint as a pro, BUT, his final 4 playoff games were his best in 4 months, so that is encouraging for next season.

Bingo. This summer should be fun. :3

Solo

Just trying to think of what wingers would fit in well in Montreal and be attractive trade targets for Bergevin.....

Red_Man

Just trying to think of what wingers would fit in well in Montreal and be attractive trade targets for Bergevin.....
And then imagine when Therrien puts that scoring winger on the 3rd line for not back checking and puts Weise back on the top line with Patches. We're fucked as long as that idiot is in charge.

Red_Man

If the proposal is trading away the Habs 1 and 2 C's, and replacing them with 2 unproven (and potentially incapable) young players, yes.
You're implying that Desharnais has worth as a top two C. AGally scored more goals in his 10 games at center than Desharnais did in all season. He's not a center on any top NHL team. Eller isn't unproven and trading Plekanec will hurt in the short term, but it's better than losing him for nothing after this season.

AGally with the Heat hat though. Come on son.

And no BGally love?
He's in a goal crease somewhere.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This seems like the most obvious choice, but he's up there in age. We need a younger guy that can grow with our core.

Yeah, I was just looking at Chicago as an obvious trading partner due to their upcoming cap issues and the Bergevin factor.

Quick

Banned
This seems like the most obvious choice, but he's up there in age. We need a younger guy that can grow with our core.

He's not too old. He'd work out fine holding down 1/2C for a couple of years. Even as he hits the 35-36+ age mark, he can still hold up a 3C position.

Red_Man

Vrbata. Seriously. Do it. Solid defensively, strong possession-wise, had 30 goals last season. Excellent 'win now' addition.
Even older and I don't see the Canucks trading him. Not to mention the quality of players he played with this season is higher than he would with us and I don't see him replicating that offence here.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Sharp only has two more years on his contract anyway which will bring him to 35, not a big deal.

Vrbata. Seriously. Do it. Solid defensively, strong possession-wise, had 30 goals last season. Excellent 'win now' addition.

Does Vancouver actually want to trade him though? They don't seem to be in the acquire draft picks stage.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hasn't Sharp had a decline of sorts over the past 2 seasons though?

He had 34 goals and 78 points last season, but he's had a disappointing year this year. 16 goals and 43 points in 68 games, but he's had 4 goals and 5 assists in 10 playoff games so far.

Yawnier

Banned
JVR would look good in a Habs jersey

Top 6 Winger who sucks defensively, but his age fits the Price/Subban/LeMax67 timeline very well.

Foggy

Sounds like the Blackhawks are gonna be the ones to sign Mike Reilly when he becomes a UFA next month. Sucks, but the kid has the leverage and he wants to play for winners. Sigh...

Who knows what kind of D-men Jarmo's going to get in the off-season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
JVR would look good in a Habs jersey

Top 6 Winger who sucks defensively, but his age fits the Price/Subban/LeMax67 timeline very well.

I'd love JVR, Montreal can't make that trade though, not what Toronto wants anyway.

I'd also love to take a chance on Yakupov, but the Oilers are probably looking to move a young centre now.

This is starting to turn into hfboards though.

Top Bottom