• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Suggested wild trade for Yakupov. Cited Spurgeon as being the main piece. Basically said Spurgeon is gone this summer or next year by trade cause of Dumba and Folin doing well and Oloffson coming. Also said Granlund could be traded if return value is good. For koivu to be gone though it would need to be for a center in return.

Edit: Oh and Kuemper could be trade bait

This sounds good. Very good, in fact.

Thanks for the summary.

calder

Underrated off season storyline: should the Jets target Drouin in a trade now or will the Lightning put the kid on waivers? Clearly isn't working out, so maybe we package up a couple of mid round picks, or maybe Burmistrovs rights and the Blues first rounder? We're here to help Tampa out of this bad fit.

Vman

Wild would consider trading Granlund? I thought he was their golden child?

Injury prone and small. Has yet to break 50 points as our 1C the past two years.

Edit: For the record I think we should keep him, he's good when healthy and is improving at a good pace. His health and size are the concern. Most probable we keep him. He could hit 60-70 points easy next year if Pomminville rebounds or he has an semi-accurate shooter on his wing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Injury prone and small. Has yet to break 50 points as our 1C the past two years.
I see. I remember their being so much hype around him after the world juniors he had and when he entered the league. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

Vman

I see. I remember their being so much hype around him after the world juniors he had and when he entered the league. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I mean he's really good but we need a young star center. If we could package him and some picks and prospects for a player like Seguin then I think it would be done. That being said Granlund has amazing chemistry with Parise and if Pomminville didn't whiff on almost all his shots last year he would have had 60+ points.

Edit: it really comes down to if management thinks Granlund can function as a small player in the big bodied west. Sure he may be great when healthy but if injured all the time maybe trade him while he's healthy.

Red_Man

Edit: it really comes down to if management thinks Granlund can function as a small player in the big bodied west. Sure he may be great when healthy but if injured all the time maybe trade him while he's healthy.
This is a good point, he'd probably fare better in the East where it's more of a speed game.

zroid

Banned

Edit: For the record I think we should keep him, he's good when healthy and is improving at a good pace. His health and size are the concern. Most probable we keep him. He could hit 60-70 points easy next year if Pomminville rebounds or he has an semi-accurate shooter on his wing.

Alternate viewpoint:

Since Oct 2013, he is the Wild's most productive C by a pretty wide margin in terms of Pts/60 at 5v5

UqgBP7O.png

Vman

Alternate viewpoint:

Since Oct 2013, he is the Wild's most productive C by a pretty wide margin in terms of Pts/60 at 5v5

UqgBP7O.png

Oh I agree and I love Granlund and hope he is able to play his career here. He is by far our best center and has the potential to be a star. But again, he's small and gotten hurt in all three of his seasons. He has also had multiple concussions and is only 23.

I'm now laughing at that random Caps fan who was talking shit. His name escapes me, it's forgettable like the Capitals history I guess.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
McDavid is just trying to learn Edmonton's system of losing, what a great student of the game.

He obviously realized too late that his goal should be to get drafted at a spot where the Oilers can't draft him even with a lottery win. Rookie mistake, literally. He's starting his own tank too late.

Red_Man

Is anyone (IE Zroid) Watching these OHL finals with McDavid? It's my understanding that McCarron has been pretty impressive for the Generals, he's suppose to be their best face off guys and one of their best defensive forwards.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is anyone (IE Zroid) Watching these OHL finals with McDavid? It's my understanding that McCarron has been pretty impressive for the Generals, he's suppose to be their best face off guys and one of their best defensive forwards.

Cassels has been the guy playing against/shutting down McDavid so... most definitely their best defensive forward.

Red_Man

Cassels has been the guy playing against/shutting down McDavid so... most definitely their best defensive forward.
I know it's been a while since you've guys have had any good prospects, but no need to get all insecure. I said "one of.." not their best guy.

Agents of SHIELD finale was bonkers.

Fucking bonkers.

It's was pretty good.

The Flash is looking good for Finale wise too.

Arrow... Uh let's just say I'd like to forget about this season altogether for that show. Boy that show took a complete nosedive after season two.

Socreges

Banned
And the first person to bring salt to the Off-Season thread is....

*drum roll*

I know it's been a while since you've guys have had any good prospects, but no need to get all insecure. I said "one of.." not their best guy.
Red_Man!

We always knew it would be you, Red!

One thing the Canucks DO HAVE is prospects like Cassels, in fact. It's just fun that he's the guy that is temporarily kind of containing McDavid...

Top Bottom