• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Syrinx

How would them moving to Vegas open up expansion in the east? The conferences would still be uneven :S

They're gonna have to figure out what to do about the conferences; the only way to make it work would be to move the Panthers to Quebec and put two expansion teams in the west. Or put three expansion teams in the west and one in the east for 34 teams, Though there needs to be more talent to sustain that many.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
They're gonna have to figure out what to do about the conferences; the only way to make it work would be to move the Panthers to Quebec and put two expansion teams in the west. Or put three expansion teams in the west and one in the east for 34 teams, Though there needs to be more talent to sustain that many.

If the NHL is stuck on expanding only up to 32 teams and that includes a team in Quebec, then I don't think they have a choice but to relocate an eastern team.

All relocating Phoenix to Vegas would achieve is that it would remove Vegas from being a potential future expansion target, every other issue relating to the uneven conferences would remain the same.

Syrinx

If the NHL is stuck on expanding only up to 32 teams and that includes a team in Quebec, then I don't think they have a choice but to relocate an eastern team.

All relocating Phoenix to Vegas would achieve is that it would remove Vegas from being a potential future expansion target, every other issue relating to the uneven conferences would remain the same.

And this concerns me somewhat as the Hurricanes are getting to the point where they look like they could be a candidate (though I doubt they get moved before the Panthers).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
And this concerns me somewhat as the Hurricanes are getting to the point where they look like they could be a candidate (though I doubt they get moved before the Panthers).

Odds are two of detroit, columbus and toronto move west

Nashville moves east

Preferably detroit and toronto

Marvie_3

Banned

Milwaukee is getting a new arena apparently. NHL would do great there.

Canes to Hartford/Hamilton. Panthers to Quebec. Expand to Seattle/Milwaukee. Problems solved.

Detroit sucks.

Canes to Hartford/Hamilton. Panthers to Quebec. Expand to Seattle/Milwaukee. Problems solved.

Detroit sucks.

I like the idea of Panthers Becoming the New Nordiques.

Huberdeau and Ekblad as Nordiques sounds great.

Revive that Battle of Quebec!

You all suck, stop talking about my team and coaches when I'm not around!

Go back to your stupid superior playoff thread Marvie, this thread is for us peasants only!

We'll be staying in the East, Babs will be back, we'll sign Green, trade Weiss for Captain my Captain, sounds like a decent offseason to me!

Syrinx

You all suck, stop talking about my team and coaches when I'm not around!

Go back to your stupid superior playoff thread Marvie, this thread is for us peasants only!

We'll be staying in the East, Babs will be back, we'll sign Green, trade Weiss for Captain my Captain, sounds like a decent offseason to me!

Don't forget re-signing Cleary.

As according to Amir0x

The rest of the thread is people disputing his story, though some leap to his defense.

Best thing to come out of that was the name 'Scamir0x'

Geez, Head was anything above water. He's using a lot of the classic justifications and logic that addiction makes you believe.

Even when I was on the brink of being a junkie, I never went as far as to misprioritise drug money for my own mums medical bills. I took from my own rent account a few times, but always paid it back before rent was due.

And this is why I'm glad my friends looked out for each other. Once you go full junkie, the money no longer comes from somewhere - it comes from anywhere.

Shudder.

I appreciate the only thing I have nowadays is half a bottle of wine on Fridays. The remote possibility of being Amir0x-like is chilling.

zroid

Banned
McKenzie says Toronto and Buffalo are the only teams showing serious interest in Babcock. (probably the only teams willing to pay whatever ridiculous salary he demands)

Quick

Banned
McKenzie says Toronto and Buffalo are the only teams showing serious interest in Babcock. (probably the only teams willing to pay whatever ridiculous salary he demands)

giphy.gif

Syrinx

Detroit sucks.

Better idea; Blackhawks move to Saskatoon, Michal Roszival moves into your house.

Top Bottom