• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
On Freddie the Goat:

With the man-advantage, for the first time in my viewings, Gauthier was used as the distributor, rather then a net-front presence.

Again, he was effective and ran the powerplay creatively from below the goal line and along the wall, setting up a nice goal and originally receiving an assist before having it taken away due to a deflection in front of the net.

He also used his much-improved stride to his advantage, creating four chances off the rush and hopping into one odd-man rush on the PK (in year's past he would have likely stayed back).

In the second period his skating paid off, creating another goal off the rush with a beautiful, near-end-to-end rush, setting up Clapperton for a goal.

hmmmmm

late bloomer? we can only hope.

Cake Boss

Banned
21. Boston University free agent goalie Matt O’Connor begins meeting with NHL teams this weekend. According to one source, he is to begin with Ottawa, where he will attend Sunday’s Game 3 against Montreal. Edmonton and Vancouver are to follow. The Under-18s may affect scheduled visits.

Why Can\t I hold all these franchise goalies.

h58Pke3.png

zroid

Banned
Grats Bruins fans. I think?

here's my joke-that-wrote-itself of the day:

the Leafs can hire him since he's good at orchestrating Kessel trades

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I would expect chiarelli is on the leafs list.

A solid no bullshit kind of guy

Honestly think the Bruins failures were less his problem and more juliens/players

Though trading Seguin was dumb but he did have his reasoning

zroid

Banned
I doubt he fits into the Shanaplan mold. Anyway I'm not so forgiving of the Seguin trade. And let's face it the Kessel trade worked out but there was no guarantee the Leafs picks end up being that good. It was a gamble.

Merguson

Banned
I doubt he fits into the Shanaplan mold. Anyway I'm not so forgiving of the Seguin trade. And let's face it the Kessel trade worked out but there was no guarantee the Leafs picks end up being that good. It was a gamble.

I'm sure the Leafs will call after him but I don't think he'll be one of those GMs willing to enter into the set-up Toronto has right now.

zroid

Banned
I'm sure the Leafs will call after him but I don't think he'll be one of those GMs willing to enter into the set-up Toronto has right now.

Yeah I think they end up hiring an AGM like Futa. Too bad about that compensatory pick though...

Acid08

Banned
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 4m4 minutes ago San Jose, CA
Asked about the culture in the room. #SJSharks Couture said, "not great. That's just my personal opinion."

yikes

kingslunk

Asked about the culture in the room. #SJSharks Couture said, "not great. That's just my personal opinion."

yikes

Acid we can be buddies now that both of our teams are out. Let's hate against the Ducks this playoff round.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can someone please remind me when the draft lottery is/when it's televised?

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Some Minor league news:

The Federal Hockey League may fold over eye injury case.

An eye injury could spell the end of the Federal Hockey League.

Widely considered to be perhaps the lowest tier of professional hockey, the FHL was founded in 2009 and currently features six teams spread across the northern U.S., in cities such as Wayne, N.J.; Danville, Illinois; and Morrisville, Vermont.

The league sells rough-and-tumble hockey styled after the movie "Slap Shot" and a few FHL players have actually advanced from the league to play in the East Coast Hockey League and the American Hockey League.

While some FHL franchises have team budgets of as much as $400,000, according to media reports, games averaged about 1,000 fans this season. Broadcasting is limited to pay-per-view telecasts available over the Internet.

There have been setbacks.

In December 2011, a Vermont franchise shuttered after averaging fewer than 250 fans per game and its replacement, The Delaware Federals, reportedly couldn't find a rink in which to practice or play their home games.

But now, the FHL faces a legal hurdle it may not be able to navigate.
A U.S. federal court judge has ordered the FHL to pay $800,000 to a former player named Kyler Moje who was injured during a game. Moje's lawyer says he plans this week to begin proceedings to discover and seize the league's assets.

The league's commissioner, however, says he is appealing the lawsuit because the lawyer hired by the FHL never properly filed the league's legal response to the initial lawsuit.

More at the link.

Acid08

Banned
David Pollak
Thornton's latest jab at #SJSharks McLellan, not GM: "Todd has to talk to his family. Maybe he should talk to this family as well in here."

welp

Cat Party

David Pollak
Thornton's latest jab at #SJSharks McLellan, not GM: "Todd has to talk to his family. Maybe he should talk to this family as well in here."

welp

yikes

Awesome. Joe is trying to get himself traded and McClellan probably won't come back either. Worst of all results.

Acid08

Banned
Awesome. Joe is trying to get himself traded and McClellan probably won't come back either. Worst of all results.

Thornton won't be traded. The owner apparently told him he'd retire a Shark so I'm not sure he'll allow it. TMac is likely gone though. And if rumors are to be believed then DW will be moving higher up into the org and we'll have a new GM.

Trading Jumbo would be a gigantic mistake. Letting go of TMac? Depends on who they replace him with. He had his chance, IMO.

Samyy

I have a feeling Leafs are gonna hire Deboer for the Leafs and Keefe for the Marlies this summer :eek:

I can't see us getting any big name coach

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I have a feeling Leafs are gonna hire Deboer for the Leafs and Keefe for the Marlies this summer :eek:

I can't see us getting any big name coach

I don't know for names but I agree. I don't think we're getting a big name coach.

Samyy

Why Deboer, because of the Kadri connection?

I think they'll want someone with experience, I can't imagine he'll be in high demand given the potential other coaches that may be available this summer. Also yea he loves Kadri.

Hmmm the one problem though is he is apparently not great with young players, so nevermind.

I really want Keefe though!

Cat Party

Thornton won't be traded. The owner apparently told him he'd retire a Shark so I'm not sure he'll allow it. TMac is likely gone though. And if rumors are to be believed then DW will be moving higher up into the org and we'll have a new GM.

Trading Jumbo would be a gigantic mistake. Letting go of TMac? Depends on who they replace him with. He had his chance, IMO.

How many chances has Thornton had now? I'm worried that he is in the way of new leadership in the locker room. He's less important on the ice and now he's making himself a distraction. Not good.

Samyy

How many chances has Thornton had now? I'm worried that he is in the way of new leadership in the locker room. He's less important on the ice and now he's making himself a distraction. Not good.

Less important on the ice?
He is BY FAR your best forward, and its not close.

Acid08

Banned
That's very much arguable.

Not really. Jumbo runs this team's offense and he has since he got here. His possession stats are dominant and he is a big reason why Pavelski has scored so many goals the past couple seasons.

Without him we are much, much worse.

Top Bottom