• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
We may have upwards of 4 players entering the NHL (brown, percy, nylander, 4th OA)

Leafs have consistency issues... but who knows what a little minor tinkering, a few top prospects and a new coach can do.

So turn that frown upside down samyy

Yawnier

Banned
Buffcock going to Buffalbro is basically a worst case scenario ontario for the leafs

It would mean he still stays in the atlantic division, coaches a franchise that has continuously given the leafs grief for the last 30 years, and the chance of prying Blashill away from the Wings organization would be almost nil.

OnPoint

Buffcock going to Buffalbro is basically a worst case scenario ontario for the leafs

It would mean he still stays in the atlantic division, coaches a franchise that has continuously given the leafs grief for the last 30 years, and the chance of prying Blashill away from the Wings organization would be almost nil.

I'm salivating thinking about it.

Honestly I don't hate the Leafs as much as most Sabres fans. I just wish the fanbase didn't invade our home games so thickly sometimes. But man, those are fun games when they're tight and they matter.

DopeyFish

I'm salivating thinking about it.

Honestly I don't hate the Leafs as much as most Sabres fans. I just wish the fanbase didn't invade our home games so thickly sometimes. But man, those are fun games when they're tight and they matter.

Well can you really blame them?

They're the closest NHL city to toronto and the tickets are cheap

A bad mix

zroid

Banned
I am done with the show. I knew it was going to happen ever since I found out what storyline
Sansa
was going to be involved in.

Book stuff:
Well, technically it happens in the book, just not to Sansa. It was a stupid, unnecessary change. But seriously this is the third time they've added rape to a character that does not happen in the book.

Honestly, I'm just going to stick to the books.

I haven't watched any of the episodes in this season yet (was thinking of just waiting till they're all out), but I've read the books. Don't have a problem with making changes but it bugs me how a lot of them seem totally unnecessary or just to add shock value. Putting characters in situations they weren't meant to be in -- it's dumb.

The part that annoys me most might be how GRRM signs off on it. Like he's using the TV series as a vehicle to test alternate realities for his story. I don't like it.

CFZUtaBUMAEG0fz.jpg

What a world.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
rofl EA trolling so hard

after the leak they made the feature page official and uhhhh remember this part:

Be a GM: Player Morale

Being a GM is about more than just getting the best players, it’s about getting the right players to play well together. Each player on your NHL and AHL team has a different personality that you will have to manage. Deal with trade demands, teammate relationships, and much more by calling team meetings or adjusting your roster to directly affect your team’s on-ice performance.

Guess what picture they chose for that.

image.img.jpg

:loooooooooooool

THAT player, THAT game. fuck you EA, damn trolls :lol

Good one by the Oilers.

McDavid has hope.

Yup.

Good Job Oilers. I say give it a few years and the oilers will be a team to watch out for in the west. Same thing goes for Calgary.

rofl EA trolling so hard

after the leak they made the feature page official and uhhhh remember this part:

Being a GM is about more than just getting the best players, it’s about getting the right players to play well together. Each player on your NHL and AHL team has a different personality that you will have to manage. Deal with trade demands, teammate relationships, and much more by calling team meetings or adjusting your roster to directly affect your team’s on-ice performance

image.img.jpg

LOL

/dead

Curufinwe

I am done with the show. I knew it was going to happen ever since I found out what storyline
Sansa
was going to be involved in.

Book stuff:
Well, technically it happens in the book, just not to Sansa. It was a stupid, unnecessary change. But seriously this is the third time they've added rape to a character that does not happen in the book.

Honestly, I'm just going to stick to the books.

Yeah, stick to the books where
Ramsey's wife gets physically tortured, and raped by a dog. The TV show is so sick and twisted by comparison, lol.

I haven't watched any of the episodes in this season yet (was thinking of just waiting till they're all out), but I've read the books. Don't have a problem with making changes but it bugs me how a lot of them seem totally unnecessary or just to add shock value. Putting characters in situations they weren't meant to be in -- it's dumb.

Expecting every character from the books to make it into the TV show is dumb.
Especially one with as convoluted a story as fake Arya.

The part that annoys me most might be how GRRM signs off on it. Like he's using the TV series as a vehicle to test alternate realities for his story. I don't like it.

It's not surprising when you remember him complaining that fans had already correctly predicted the outcome of the books. Why not let the show go off on some weird (usually bad) tangents? It'll make his 'official' ending seem surprising again.

zroid

Banned
Expecting every character from the books to make it into the TV show is dumb.
Especially one with as convoluted a story as fake Arya.

Well that's not what I meant. Like I said, I'm OK with changes. But putting existing characters into certain situations that they weren't meant to be in is what I find objectionable because it changes the characters in a meaningful way that don't resonate with the story (and feels like shock tactics). I would rather they handle it differently.

rofl EA trolling so hard

Being a GM is about more than just getting the best players, it’s about getting the right players to play well together. Each player on your NHL and AHL team has a different personality that you will have to manage. Deal with trade demands, teammate relationships, and much more by calling team meetings or adjusting your roster to directly affect your team’s on-ice performance.

image.img.jpg

Haha oh Luongo knows about it

https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/600721359145144320?s=09

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
zroid, samyy, tell me who the Leafs will target now.

I gave up Babcock a while ago so no shock to me he's not signing here.

But who do we get?

I NEED TO KNOW!

Quick

Banned

But who do we get?

I NEED TO KNOW!

Cockwatch 2015, in association with Shamecentre Goalie Report, presented by Salt On The Ice.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

But who do we get?

I NEED TO KNOW!

I think there's a John Tortorella in the Leafs future :)

zroid

Banned

But who do we get?

I NEED TO KNOW!

Sheldon Keefe directly to Leafs! :lol

I dunno, if Detroit isn't keeping Babcock then Blashill probably is getting promoted over there. I dunno.

Maybe the other Cockwatch will still be on
Hitchcock

Blingcock

Pegula is a mad man if true. I don't want MLSE paying Babcock $50 million lol.

Samyy

But who do we get?

I NEED TO KNOW!

Dunno, they could go off the board.

Big names left are probably Deboer and Bylsma.

Also the Leafs hired the London Knights scouting director in a front office capacity.

Yawnier

Banned
I wouldn't mind someone along the lines of Gerard Gallant for the panthers for head coach, someone who coached in junior at one point, who had success at that level and who is great with younger players.

Quick

Banned
Cockwatch 2015 update:

Pierre LeBrun said:
Just spoke with Mike Babcock: "I hope to make a decision by morning, but I’m still very much undecided.''

Babcock's probably assessing how he's going to spend that Pegula money.

DopeyFish

Hire me and Samyy as your assistants.

I'll bring the grit, Samyy brings the brains.

and then i'll be GM and zroid could choose between being the replacement for dubas or mirtle

Cockwatch 2015 update:

Babcock's probably assessing how he's going to spend that Pegula money.

or maybe the leafs accidentally left their private plane in his back yard which also happened to be full of money

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, down to Buffalo and Detroit means he's sticking with Detroit. Even with 50 mil thrown at him, I just think he's gonna stay. Hope I'm wrong. I want new blood on this team.

zroid

Banned
It occurs to me that with Pegula offering $50 million, only reason it got so exorbitantly high is probably there was a bidding war between Buffalo and Toronto (and maybe Detroit and San Jose to a point).

So I wonder how much MLSE offered before bowing out. Must have been a lot.

Quick

Banned
It occurs to me that with Pegula offering $50 million, only reason it got so exorbitantly high is probably there was a bidding war between Buffalo and Toronto (and maybe Detroit and San Jose to a point).

So I wonder how much MLSE offered before bowing out. Must have been a lot.

Out-moneying MLSE means Pegula probably offered the entire city of Buffalo to him and then some surrounding areas, which is a drop in the bucket when you add in the $50 million.

Fei

Out-moneying MLSE means Pegula probably offered the entire city of Buffalo to him and then some surrounding areas, which is a drop in the bucket when you add in the $50 million.

Not cool.

And if we're keeping track, this would be the second time Pegula outbid MLSE. Not that I think any coach is worth $50M, but it's not my money.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Breaking up the Babcock talk for a moment...

Glendale City Council set to meet this afternoon to discuss arena deal.

City councillors in Glendale, Arizona, are meeting Tuesday afternoon to discuss an arena management contract with the Arizona Coyotes, an agreement that calls for taxpayers to contribute $15 million per year over 15 years.

Mayor Jerry Weiers, Vice Mayor Ian Hugh and five councillors are scheduled to discuss and consult with the city attorney "to receive an update, consider (their) position and provide instruction and direction to the city attorney regarding Glendale's position in connection with agreements associated with the arena and the hockey team," according to a meeting agenda posted on the city's website.

More fun in this dumbass saga.

Top Bottom