• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

yyzjohn

Banned
CFZUtaBUMAEG0fz.jpg

What a world.

Coaches wear jerseys now behind the bench?

tUt2sm6.png

0__0

I just tried it and got keyed in on a nearby Popeyes Chicken store...

Boy oh boy someone gonna get fired if they're still working there

edit: goddamnit zroid i thought it was actually labelled that or something, this shit is just a highly unfortunate reality when you crowd source search terms

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-the-last-days-of-babwatch/

Smells like the Jackets are revisiting a possibility to trade for Emelin, although back at the trade deadline Anisimov was going to be packaged. Not sure what's up with this now, but I'm sure this pleases all you Habs people who are lusting for Emelin to be dealt.
Timmins was really high on Rychel in his draft year and invited him to camp even though he knew he probably wouldn't get the chance to draft him. I'd love to see Bergevin make a move for him, we have a lot of young D men who can play in the NHL now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Holy the controls for the swimming in The Witcher is basically trying to play Superman 64.

Otherwise great game. Its like Skyrim but they added combat and atmosphere and a lively world.

Pikma

Banned
Holy the controls for the swimming in The Witcher is basically trying to play Superman 64.

Otherwise great game. Its like Skyrim but they added combat and atmosphere and a lively world.
Been playing Resident Evil Revelations this past few days, no way they're worse than the fucking hell I just put through

Foggy

Timmins was really high on Rychel in his draft year and invited him to camp even though he knew he probably wouldn't get the chance to draft him. I'd love to see Bergevin make a move for him, we have a lot of young D men who can play in the NHL now.

From what I've seen of Rychel I like him a lot. He only played a few games for the BJs but from what little I saw he reminded me of Boone Jenner. It'll sting to lose a player like him, but by trading Wiz away and losing Reilly the Jackets need to sacrifice that depth for something on defense. I like Jarmo's ability to evaluate young talent and as wonky as some of the trades have been, all the major ones have been a break-even trade or a win.

Hartnell for Umberger: LOL
Clarkson for Horton: fucked situation, but at least it's a player
Bork/Wild Bill/2nd round for Wiz: shit, Anaheim isn't even playing him. Maybe I overvalued the guy. Also adding 3rd pick in the 2nd round is pretty nice.
Connauton pickup from Dalls: win

They're going to have to make moves to get more defense, so this off-season should be pretty interesting.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
From what I've seen of Rychel I like him a lot. He only played a few games for the BJs but from what little I saw he reminded me of Boone Jenner. It'll sting to lose a player like him, but by trading Wiz away and losing Reilly the Jackets need to sacrifice that depth for something on defense. I like Jarmo's ability to evaluate young talent and as wonky as some of the trades have been, all the major ones have been a break-even trade or a win.

Bork/Wild Bill/2nd round for Wiz: shit, Anaheim isn't even playing him. Maybe I overvalued the guy. Also adding 3rd pick in the 2nd round is pretty nice.

They're going to have to make moves to get more defense, so this off-season should be pretty interesting.
The Hartnell for Umberger trade still perplexes me. As of right now, we have Nygren, Pateryn, Tinordi, and Beaulieu who could all play in the NHL next season. I'd be willing to move one of Nygran / Pateryn in a package, unless the Jackets are looking for seasoned guys. As garbage as Emelin is, he has a lot of the bullshit intangibles some GM's still value today and I think moving him won't be that difficult, the biggest roadblock in moving him his his NTC.

zroid

Banned
Cool I just won tickets to the Markham Royals home opener lol

Boy oh boy someone gonna get fired if they're still working there

edit: goddamnit zroid i thought it was actually labelled that or something, this shit is just a highly unfortunate reality when you crowd source search terms

Yeah I expected it was something like that haha. I thought maybe it searched comments from Google's location pages or something.

Quick

Banned

I'm looking forward to some sort of redemption/comeback year for Clarkson. Not to come back from that one big year he had in NJ, but to at least reach the level of play he's consistently had there. Just too bad he couldn't make a positive impact in his home city with us.

I'm really looking forward to having Blash and to see what this team does with a new coach who has been amazing at every level he has coached. Hopefully it will breath new life into the locker room and give this team a much needed fresh start. Though it will be interesting to see how the vets handle him. The kids all have already played under him and seemed to really like him. Hopefully we can go back to being a more skilled and fun team to watch then the grind it out kind we have been lately.

Also... WITCHER 3 IS HERE FOR ME!!!! The steal book also looks really nice.

Foggy

I'm looking forward to some sort of redemption/comeback year for Clarkson. Not to come back from that one big year he had in NJ, but to at least reach the level of play he's consistently had there. Just too bad he couldn't make a positive impact in his home city with us.

Yeah, it's honestly a real shame since by all accounts he's a good dude. If he proves competent enough on the 4th line then I'd say it's a sizable win. Due to insurance fuckery, the money was sunk anyway so if we have a guy that can contribute on the level of a 4th line winger then it'll allow the prospects to get more seasoning in the AHL. As far as I'm concerned, the only downside he brings is if he's blocking anyone from getting minutes that deserve to get minutes. That contract was such a fucking albatross around his neck.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm really looking forward to having Blash and to see what this team does with a new coach who has been amazing at every level he has coached. Hopefully it will breath new life into the locker room and give this team a much needed fresh start. Though it will be interesting to see how the vets handle him. The kids all have already played under him and seemed to really like him. Hopefully we can go back to being a more skilled and fun team to watch then the grind it out kind we have been lately.

Also... WITCHER 3 IS HERE FOR ME!!!! The steal book also looks really nice.

Part of me thinks Babcock is using the Sabres as leverage to get more out of Detroit.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, it's honestly a real shame since by all accounts he's a good dude. If he proves competent enough on the 4th line then I'd say it's a sizable win. Due to insurance fuckery, the money was sunk anyway so if we have a guy that can contribute on the level of a 4th line winger then it'll allow the prospects to get more seasoning in the AHL. As far as I'm concerned, the only downside he brings is if he's blocking anyone from getting minutes that deserve to get minutes. That contract was such a fucking albatross around his neck.

One big positive he had last season is signs of improvement on the offensive zone. He's the guy that's going to get in front of goalies with no problem. He has the size and energy to stay in front of the crease and not be easily shoved away. He was on our second PP unit and he's been able to get a few garbage goals in via the front of the net.

One big positive he had last season is signs of improvement on the offensive zone. He's the guy that's going to get in front of goalies with no problem. He has the size and energy to stay in front of the crease and not be easily shoved away. He was on our second PP unit and he's been able to get a few garbage goals in via the front of the net.

6c2RUqP.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wait really?!

The flash is probably the most faithful comic book adaptation out there

The show moves at such a quick pace, too... feels like we're a couple seasons in already.

To be honest... the first season of the flash isn't just the best season of any comic show i've seen... it's probably the best first season to any show i've ever watched.

Top Bottom