• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'll say this once.

I'm still fucking pissed that Price was played in Game 4 versus Ottawa. Fucking riding him like a wave.
That's how Montreal won their games this year. They could've rested him a bit more, but they still would've lost cause they had an abysmal PP and had trouble scoring.

TBL have two absolutely stellar lines and Johnson is the talk of the team not Stamkos. Their defense was very solid and their goaltending is legit. They didn't have any holes to really fill.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Columbus Dispatch announced with certainty that Foligno's gonna get the C today. Not complaining.

Foligno for Methot is one of the few trades that was truly win-win for both teams. I miss Foligno but I think Methot is more important to us than Foligno would be. I'm guessing CBJ feels the same about Foligno (considering they're giving him the C).

You know, it's weird that with this whole "What will Babs do?" thing ... I don't really care if he comes back or goes to Buffalo. If he stays, he stays and we deal with it. If he leaves, we have his replacement and he is stuck in Buffalo.

Wings have some good young talent (please don't trade them all away for over-the-hill ex-All Stars) and Blashill has done well in Grand Rapids. Doesn't hurt that he's coached most of the young guys who will be this team's backbone in the coming years.

You know, it's weird that with this whole "What will Babs do?" thing ... I don't really care if he comes back or goes to Buffalo. If he stays, he stays and we deal with it. If he leaves, we have his replacement and he is stuck in Buffalo.

Wings have some good young talent (please don't trade them all away for over-the-hill ex-All Stars) and Blashill has done well in Grand Rapids. Doesn't hurt that he's coached most of the young guys who will be this team's backbone in the coming years.

My same thinking as well, we either keep the "best coach in the NHL" or get a guy who has had great success at every level he has coached and someone who already knows half the guys on the team and who respect him.

zroid

Banned
Now McKenzie is tweeting that Leafs might not have completely pulled out of the 'Cock race yet.

I don't know what to believe!

GSG Flash

Bobby Mac saying that Toronto not entirely out of the picture in the Cock sweepstakes.

Samyy

The money is insignificant since they can pretty much bury it all in the AHL, its nice that he got paid after sticking with hockey for as long as he did.

Cake Boss

Banned
You cost us the series against the scabs. Here's 3 years.

Let's trade our best goalie or our goalie with most potential and upside cuz of you.

Sens gonna Sens

GSG Flash

No more goalie trades within the division please lol.

I don't think he'll return that much considering he hasn't recovered from that concussion.

Tim Murray is familiar with Lehner though. There's always a chance he'll burn us like Bishop if we trade him, but we also gave Bish away for peanuts, the outcome of that trade would have stung less if we got something noteworthy :p

You cost us the series against the scabs. Here's 3 years.

Let's trade our best goalie or our goalie with most potential and upside cuz of you.

Sens gonna Sens

I hope the playoffs cemented Anderson's place on this team :S

Hammond did save the season for us, and for that I think he deserves a contract. I expected a one year contract though.

Cake Boss

Banned
Tim Murray is familiar with Lehner though. There's always a chance he'll burn us like Bishop if we trade him, but we also gave Bish away for peanuts, the outcome of that trade would have stung less if we got something noteworthy :p

Tobias Lindberg OHL Champion spits in your face.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's Bob McKenzie.

He's basically a hockey god. there's a reason everyone uses him as the final/official confirmation... he is the arch nemesis of eklund

It's not Mckenzie. He posted it on Twitter but he said others were telling him this. His exact wording was "it was suggested" that Toronto was still in.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@DarrenDreger: Toronto and Buffalo in bidding war for Babcock. No decision yet. Hearing Red Wings final offer was 5 years at $4 million per.

Babcock be rich

Merguson

Banned
Okay, just move on.

Just hire some coach that can work with analytics. If he sucks, just hire whoever is the Marlies coach at the time.

Silexx

I hope the playoffs cemented Anderson's place on this team :S

Hammond did save the season for us, and for that I think he deserves a contract. I expected a one year contract though.

Apparently, Hammond represented himself in the negotiations?

I think Bryan Murray needs to start insisting in talking to a player's agent during contract talks.

yyzjohn

Banned
Okay, just move on.

Just hire some coach that can work with analytics. Fire him when (if) the Leafs are ready to compete, and hire whoever is the Marlies coach in the future.

It's only cash, not like it counts against the cap or anything. MLSE can afford to blow it.

@DarrenDreger: Toronto and Buffalo in bidding war for Babcock. No decision yet. Hearing Red Wings final offer was 5 years at $4 million per.

Babcock be rich
coollogo_com-239396233.png

The Babcock Wars: The ShanaEmpire Strikes Back

yyzjohn

Banned
"Who wants to give me $6 million??"

iBMLBwst9g1Bc.gif

This has the potential to look really stupid for the Leafs. They overpay for Babcock only to keep missing the playoffs. Millions well spent! I agree they should just go and get some unknown coach that Dubas and Hunter like.

Top Bottom