• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
@Jeffler Jeff Veillette MLSE's private jet is scheduled to head to Detroit later today and depart within three minutes of arrival.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 7s7 seconds ago

Source says Babcock told Blues 2 days ago he was out. Things change? If not, the Leafs may have won the sweepstakes
6 retweets 1 favorite

zroid

Banned
IT'S HAPPENING

RYm8RpP.png

Merguson

Banned
Aaron Ward doing some good trolling.

Aaron Ward ‏@TSNAaronWard 7m7 minutes ago
Still think Leafs are a contender for Babcock. #TSN

Aaron Ward ‏@TSNAaronWard 1m1 minute ago
Getting more of a sense that the Toronto Maple Leafs MAY end up being the final Mike Babcock destination. #TSN

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can see it being St. Louis, winning culture (except playoffs), team that will be competitive for a while, young good players.

Next would be the Sharks as they are in somewhat transitioning phase, followed way behind by the Leafs.

I can't see St. Louis. He'd be pushing his close friend out the door.

Quick

Banned
Which local celebrity did MLSE hire this time to talk to Babcock?

Jermain Defoe had Drake talk to him to sign with TFC. Does Babs get Mike Myers?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If Babcock signs in Toronto I will fall on the sword and be the guy everyone can bash about Cleary.

He will reluctantly be my new boy.

dem

Leafs lunch is hilarious.

The host guy sounds like a 12 year old girl. Its a coach.. not Sidney Crosby.

Cake Boss

Banned
Leafs lunch is hilarious.

The host guy sounds like a 12 year old girl. Its a coach.. not Sidney Crosby.

He's the biggest homer and hype man, he looks like a guy that posts trade proposals on HFboards.

I wish it was just Noodles, Odoawg and Steve Kouleaus lol.

I am curious how long this contract would be for. Rogers/Bell could afford 7 or 8 years at $8M but Leafs better win about ... 7 or 8 Cups.

Also if it is $8M, Babcock is making Phil Kessel money to coach Phil Kessel.

zroid

Banned
Report going around on Twitter, unverified, that Leafs may be offering Babs $8 million. A year.
MLSE gone mad

real talk I hope shanny and Co. did their due diligence with Babs. obviously he is a great coach but he really needs to be on board with the Shanaplans 100% or this will go sideways

I'm not such a huge Babcock fan that I'm willing to let him just dictate everything. he's not infallible.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am curious how long this contract would be for. Rogers/Bell could afford 7 or 8 years at $8M but Leafs better win about ... 7 or 8 Cups.

they could afford much longer than that.

the only shocking thing here is Babcock would be coming here knowing we're not contending for a Cup for a long ass time.

We moat likely won't be competing for a playoff spot next year either.

Top Bottom