• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

They'll get the last laugh based on roster alone. I'm sure they'll end up with a great coach at a much lower price point as well. Once they start winning games and are ahead of the Leafs they'll go back to being cocky and taunting us.

a) At the end of the day, they live in Buffalo
b) At the end of the day, are they really that much further ahead than the Leafs?
c) At the end of the day, Buffalo will never win a championship, ever.

yyzjohn

Banned
a) At the end of the day, they live in Buffalo
b) At the end of the day, are they really that much further ahead than the Leafs?
c) At the end of the day, Buffalo will never win a championship, ever.

We won't know until we see the Eichel factor. If he's truly a generational or close to generational talent, he'll help alot. Add in all their other up and coming young pieces and I'd say they're quite a bit further ahead than the Leafs. The Leafs have Rielly who could become a star and Nylander. Nylander might turn into a 1C, but he's not anywhere near the same talent level as an Eichel who is ready to step into the NHL at 18.

All of the other guys in the Leafs system are works in progress.

We won't know until we see the Eichel factor. If he's truly a generational or close to generational talent, he'll help alot. Add in all their other up and coming young pieces and I'd say they're quite a bit further ahead than the Leafs. The Leafs have Rielly who could become a star and Nylander. Nylander might turn into a 1C, but he's not anywhere near the same talent level as an Eichel who is ready to step into the NHL at 18.

All of the other guys in the Leafs system are works in progress.

Bear in mind that they've already unloaded all of their players and we haven't. We'll see after the draft, but there's a tendency in Toronto to overlook the players we do have, and value everyone else way too much because we don't see them on a regular basis.

zroid

Banned
Bear in mind that they've already unloaded all of their players and we haven't. We'll see after the draft, but there's a tendency in Toronto to overlook the players we do have, and value everyone else way too much because we don't see them on a regular basis.

That's because we're used to Toronto's (formerly) inept management doing the same ;\

lol well I get what you mean. But I'm more referring to all the times they fail to recognize the value of good players on the roster and trade them away for junk.

To be fair, I don't think that's happened since...Kulemin? I'm not counting Grabbo or Mac because they both signed and left as free agents.

Edit: My point is, new management group. Cut 'em some slack!

Fei

There's seriously a lot of posts above that Don Cherry would be proud of. Jesus. Good job, good effort.

I'm going to enjoy the next few years watching those who think Buffalo and Toronto's rosters are close. As much as Tim Murray needs to learn how to not sound like a sore loser, Leafs-GAF could use some help not being lousy winners.

yyzjohn

Banned

Freddie the goat seems to be trending up. Perhaps the Leafs have found their 3rd line center of the future!

zroid

Banned
There's seriously a lot of posts above that Don Cherry would be proud of. Jesus. Good job, good effort.

I'm going to enjoy the next few years watching those who think Buffalo and Toronto's rosters are close. As much as Tim Murray needs to learn how to not sound like a sore loser, Leafs-GAF could use some help not being lousy winners.
salt is high right now lol

soon enough Sabres age and leafs age will go back to being bros in collectively being pooped on by the rest of nhl GAF I'm sure :(

salt is high right now lol

soon enough Sabres age and leafs age will go back to being bros in collectively being pooped on by the rest of nhl GAF I'm sure :(

Nah, Buffalo has a much brighter future ahead with the things they already have. Toronto still needs to build a roster if all of these managerial changes are going to mean jack.

zroid

Banned
Nah, Buffalo has a much brighter future ahead with the things they already have. Toronto still needs to build a roster if all of these managerial changes are going to mean jack.
so does Edmonton but don't act like you guys aren't going to mock them and buffalo till the end of time :p

and Toronto of course

Cake Boss

Banned
You go to hand it to TSN, they are milking the shit out of this because its the only thing they have left.

Wouldn't be surprised if its getting better ratings than the 3rd round of the playoffs lol.

dem

I can't believe how big of a deal everyone is making of this.

He's a good coach.. not Wayne Gretzky.

Toronto going full Toronto.

so does Edmonton but don't act like you guys aren't going to mock them and buffalo till the end of time :p

and Toronto of course

Considering the fact that we are forever stuck as a team with only two defensemen I think it's safe to say I'll be paying for any mocking I've done or will do soon enough.

zroid

Banned
CFiJa-4WAAAx7VS.jpg

ayy

zroid

Banned
I wonder how the Canadian Media will treat Sidney Crosby if he ever left Pittsburgh for Montreal

Would it have a fanfare like this?
I think the fact is that because the media is based in Toronto there would never be quite as much insanity for montreal even though the markets are similar. French media would go wild as can be though I'm sure.

LevelNth

Banned
My comment yesterday about the only potential losers in this were Rogers/Bell shareholders is pretty much already false. The hype is real.

Love that Shanny went hard and threw a ton of money at it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think the fact is that because the media is based in Toronto there would never be quite as much insanity for montreal even though the markets are similar. French media would go wild as can be though I'm sure.

do you remember the day lindros signed with the leafs?

probably a lot like that

Top Bottom