• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

yyzjohn

Banned
The hiring being national news was never my point. Straight from the start I mentioned the hyping and milking of the hiring, THAT being national news is what I'm slamming the media for.

He's just signed the most lucrative coaching contract in NHL history, there's no "hyping" or "milking" of the hiring as you put it. As I said from the start, the media is reporting it as it should be reported given the circumstances and at the same time saying it'll be a long ass road for the Leafs despite Babcock's past success.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
He's just signed the most lucrative coaching contract in NHL history, there's no "hyping" or "milking" of the hiring as you put it. As I said from the start, the media is reporting it as it should be reported given the circumstances and at the same time saying it'll be a long ass road for the Leafs despite Babcock's past success.

Alright buddy, we'll just have to agree to disagree here, clearly we weren't watching the same thing.

I experienced That's Hockey's 15 minute ball washing with my own eyes and ears. I'm not even exaggerating or being facetious when I say that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Some Leafs news and the haters come out. Hate moar!

I just ordered The Witcher 3. Just gotta wait a week for it, but hopefully I'm not garbage at it like I was with Witcher 2.

It's fun, but movement and battle is kinda janky. The jumping, in particular, is very floaty and awkward. I also hate how moving a bit moves way too fucking much and it makes looting a pain in the witcher.

Music, story, environments, voice acting, etc etc etc. Everything else is good...just what I mentioned is letting me down.

The only thing I have a problem with The Witcher 3 is the combat looks... Off? I can't describe it. I saw the Giant Bomb Quick Look and I'm still not quite sold on this game. I've played The Witcher 1&2 on PC. Maybe I'll wait when it goes on sale

Quick

Banned
Wow. Some Leafs news and the haters come out. Hate moar!

It's fun, but movement and battle is kinda janky. The jumping, in particular, is very floaty and awkward. I also hate how moving a bit moves way too fucking much and it makes looting a pain in the witcher.

Music, story, environments, voice acting, etc etc etc. Everything else is good...just what I mentioned is letting me down.

I want to see some SEX.

ALL THE SEX.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave predicted all this damn Leafs talk a couple days ago.

Call me King Kave from now on.

83de84683a5d4b77533ef4a4e70465ee.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I have a problem with The Witcher 3 is the combat looks... Off? I can't describe it. I saw the Giant Bomb Quick Look and I'm still not quite sold on this game. I've played The Witcher 1&2 on PC. Maybe I'll wait when it goes on sale
Yeah, like I said, the combat is a bit off due to the movement. It feels nice to parry and dodge when you time it right, but man the movement seems so sluggish!
I want to see some SEX.

ALL THE SEX.

I haven't gotten that far :(

Call me King Kave from now on.

NO!

Yeah, like I said, the combat is a bit off due to the movement. It feels nice to parry and dodge when you time it right, but man the movement seems so sluggish!

Yeah I'll probably wait for it. I love the Witcher games but I have no intention of buying this one right away.

I just realized E3 is so close. Damn..

Cake Boss

Banned
I too am playing The Bitcher, this is basically scratching my Read Dead Redemption itch until those cunts at Take 2 announce a damn sequel already.

yyzjohn

Banned
Alright buddy, we'll just have to agree to disagree here, clearly we weren't watching the same thing.

I experienced That's Hockey's 15 minute ball washing with my own eyes and ears. I'm not even exaggerating or being facetious when I say that.

I understand your position, it would bother fans of other teams to see so much coverage of it, but it is the biggest market and it goes with the territory. Given the decades of crap here, it's understandable that a good move gets huge coverage. There's been a dearth of good news in Toronto across multiple sports, at least this is a ray of hope.

Cake Boss

Banned
From what I remember from his draft year scouting reports is that hes a gritty forward with a scoring touch, and skating is holding him back.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
From what I remember from his draft year scouting reports is that hes a gritty forward with a scoring touch, and skating is holding him back.

Basically this, has a great shot, but relies on his strength to create chances instead of creativity. Gallagher basically does the same but uses #grit and #heart over strength.

It's just improved Witcher 2 combat wise, Geralt's movement can have too much momentum at times, though I have fun with it. I'm playing on Death March and it's prettty rewarding, if you make a mistake there's a good chance you'll die and the enemies aren't sponges to damage so it doesn't get too repetitive.

Merguson

Banned
Apparently Guy Boucher was doing his 2nd interview with the Leafs this morning when Mike Babcock called and asked about their interest.

Guy Boucher cockblocked.

ZeroGravity

Apparently Guy Boucher was doing his 2nd interview with the Leafs this morning when Mike Babcock called and asked about their interest.

Guy Boucher cockblocked.
lol, tough break

Babcock wanted to bring him in as an assistant last year though but he was locked into his contract in the Swiss league.

He'd be a really good one if Babcock can pull him in.

Merguson

Banned
lol, tough break

Babcock wanted to bring him in as an assistant last year though but he was locked into his contract in the Swiss league.

He'd be a really good one if Babcock can pull him in.

I just saw this. I thought it was just a 2nd interview but it might have been bigger.

Sources indicate the #MapleLeafs were in talks w/ Guy Boucher this am to make him next head coach. In the meantime, Babcock contacted Leafs.

A #Leafs executive left the meeting w/ Boucher. Worked out a deal w/ Babcock. Boucher came close to becomming head coach. A matter of hours.

https://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA

Jeez, if true.

zroid

Banned
That's crazy. I'm glad Boucher was the backup plan though, I'd have been pretty happy with him. I'm sure he'll land somewhere.

Have to wonder what led Babcock to call? Was he playing Buffalo? Or change of heart? Doesn't seem like it was about money since reportedly Pegula offered as much if not more.

Don't forget they flew in Boucher from Switzerland just to leave him hanging like that, lol.

He should probably drive down to Buffalo and catch Tim Murray on the rebound.

ZeroGravity

Has there been anyone else linked to Buffalo besides Babcock? Or were they just waiting for this to conclude before looking elsewhere.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs GAF, you may have seen this already, but Friedman speculates in 30 for 30 that Montreal is interested in Kerby Rychel

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-the-last-days-of-babwatch/

Columbus wants a defenseman. Beaulieu?
Lol no. Beaulieu isn't going anywhere, and if he was it would be in a massive trade deal.

I'm sticking with MasterChef Australia.

yep... it spoiled me, lol
I love Ramsay, but MCA is so much more professional and well produced. It's difficult for me to go back to the other ones as well.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Renaud Lavoie said:
Can't wait to hear what happen Wednesday morning when Mike Babcock decided it was not Buffalo anymore and contacted the Leafs.

Multiple sources are telling me the Maple Leafs taught they were out Tuesday night. Incredible story here.
Wonder what happened

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wonder what happened

I swear it must be the leaks

Leafs camp was dead quiet yet everyone was blabbing left and right about how their quest in babcockwatch was going

Leaks are a sign of lack of discipline and as a result a lack of management leadership...

shanahans secret was to fire everyone... so nobody would be left that was able to speak

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I wouldn't be surprised if Babcock's family had something to do with the change of heart, but there were also reports that the Sabres and Leafs were in a bidding war, so maybe he was testing the waters when he called the Leafs to see if he can get even more than the Sabres offer.

Soooooo Witcher 3's really fun, like, fucking incredibly fun.

I'm trying to beat The Witcher 1 and 2 on Steam before playing 3. The first game is actually such a drag, I hope I can go through it quick.

yyzjohn

Banned
I've come to the conclusion that Buffalo deserves this based on how Murray handled firing Nolan. That's karma, baby.

They'll get the last laugh based on roster alone. I'm sure they'll end up with a great coach at a much lower price point as well. Once they start winning games and are ahead of the Leafs they'll go back to being cocky and taunting us.

Top Bottom