• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

300-400 people for a coach hiring press conference, this city.

image.php

(Mobile GAF Sucks :( )

LevelNth

Banned
I love how the media is assuming Babs is cool with Dion because Detroit 'almost' had a deal for him at the deadline, despite not knowing why it fell through and the fact that Babs just left Detroit in part due to constant disagreements and not seeing eye to eye with Holland.

Pikma

Banned
Buffalo reporter just accused Babcock of lying to Sabres management and just using them to raise his contract price.

A Buffalo reported just asked (in a more or less accusatory tone) Babs if he lied to the Sabres.

The Buffalo Reporters that are Asking Questions are just salty as fuck. Calling him a liar, etc
Holy shit, that sounds ridiculously stupid and disrespectful.

Just move along Buffalo

Quick

Banned
Buffalo reporters were dishing out mountains of salt. Babcock wouldn't take being called a liar straight up.

Also lol at the Argos question.

All in all, I like what Babcock's had to say about the team. Money was a factor, but he seems to have bought into what Shanahan has been saying in terms of patience and sticking to the plan.

And Toronto Sun bringing up the usual suspects of Phaneuf and Kessel. Come on son. Babcock gave a pretty fair answer that it really isn't fair to assess them when he's only seen them from afar.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not been a good offseason for Buffalo so far. First those petulant comments about losing the lottery, and now this.
About as good of a "bad off season" as you could have. Still get a franchise player, and will end up with likely a very good coach.

Quick

Banned
Not been a good offseason for Buffalo so far. First those petulant comments about losing the lottery, and now this.

Just some food for thought: Babcock took up the last question he got about lying to the Sabres and talked about being with a team that treats its people right. Or something along those lines.

Not sure if that's a subtle shot at the Sabres organization and/or media or just his general answer about the Leafs. If it was a shot at the media in Buffalo, then Babcock's going to have a rude awakening with how shitty some of the media people can get here.

Just some food for thought: Babcock took up the last question he got about lying to the Sabres and talked about being with a team that treats its people right. Or something along those lines.

Not sure if that's a subtle shot at the Sabres organization and/or media or just his general answer about the Leafs. If it was a shot at the media in Buffalo, then Babcock's going to have a rude awakening with how shitty some of the media people can get here.

Ted Nolan firing maybe?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The whole circus TSN is putting on around this doesn't bother me, it's to be expected, but Babcock calling the Leafs, "Canada's team" had my eyes rolling out the back of my head and into another dimension.

Fei

Honestly, after listening to that Buffalo fans have no business throwing shade at the Toronto media.

Lol, who said anything about Toronto media? Toronto fans are always the ones saying how terrible their own media is!

And bad karma? Bad offseason? Uh huh...

poster-0.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think the only Canadian team that probably doesn't have a bright Future is Vancouver :/

Is Babcock suddenly Toronto's prospect pool and 1C?

We'll be in a tough spot without the Sedins but the last 2,3 years have gotten good drafts. It'll be alright.

This is ridiculous :lol I hope it burns and fails like Torts in Vancouver for karma because he's a coach, not the second coming of Jesus.

Top Bottom