• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Get your grinder line in check, captain!

Should be fun if both teams aren't complete shit this year.

Even if we both are complete shit it'll still be fun.

Now my fingers are crossed Hanifin/Strome/Marner are able to compete against Eichel to really make this rivalry something great.

Quick

Banned
I also want to add in relation to that press conference that Babcock was so close to saying "Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Obviously you are a product of Buffalo's education system, and I sympathize, but I don't have to to explain to you what the present tense is, and how it changes what words mean. It's not semantics, it's reading comprehension. But go on, you're doing super well showing us how this isn't such a big deal.

The salt is strong with this one

yyzjohn

Banned
Haven't followed you guys but hasn't thus been the problem forever now? Half assed rebuilds?

The team has never committed to a real rebuild the entire time i've watched. When Burke first came on board his first words were "I don't have the patience for a traditional rebuild". I knew right there it was going to be fucked.

Quick

Banned
Oh wow, how have I not seen that before? That's on the USA's flag-waving, eagles-flying, land-of-the-brave level brainwashing lol.

It was actually aired a few seasons ago before Sportsnet's regional Leafs games. It was pretty damn hilarious and embarrassing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For the record, I'm happy for the Leafs and Leafs-Gaf. A competitive Leafs team is good for everyone. I think the contract is ridiculous and don't want this to start some new trend, but besides that I hope Babcock can actually turn things around.

Biggest thing will be the owners and management willingness to stick to the plan despite the pain. If two years from now someone is freaking out and calling for Shanahan's head because the Leafs still stink, this will never improve.
I think this commitment to Babcock shows they're ready to do this the right way.

yyzjohn

Banned
For the record, I'm happy for the Leafs and Leafs-Gaf. A competitive Leafs team is good for everyone. I think the contract is ridiculous and don't want this to start some new trend, but besides that I hope Babcock can actually turn things around.

I think this commitment to Babcock shows they're ready to do this the right way.

Bro-hug buddy. I hate the Habs but I've waited my entire life to see a Habs/Leafs playoff series, hopefully it's a reality in a few years.

Red_Man

Bro-hug buddy. I hate the Habs but I've waited my entire life to see a Habs/Leafs playoff series, hopefully it's a reality in a few years.
Don't think I or my family would survive such a thing. Hopefully it happens sooner than later.

Red_Man

As crazy as it would be, I wouldn't be a bit surprised at a Kessel to Montreal trade. It would never include AGally, but it's so crazy it could work, he's exactly what we need.

Samyy

As crazy as it would be, I wouldn't be a bit surprised at a Kessel to Montreal trade. It would never include AGally, but it's so crazy it could work, he's exactly what we need.

If Bergevin is committed to shaping the Habs to play a Therrien style of game why would they every trade for Kessel :p

I think you should be going after Ryan O'Reilly, Avs need D and you have it.

O'Reilly
AGally
Eller

:D

Red_Man

If Bergevin is committed to shaping the Habs to play a Therrien style of game why would they every trade for Kessel :p

O'Reilly
AGally
Eller

O'Rielly would be great, but our winger depth is weak. We need at least 1 30G winger.

Razorskin

----- ------

O'Reilly
AGally
Eller

AGally
Nazem "The Dream" Kadri
Eller

:)

yyzjohn

Banned

I shudder to think how the smoked meat places in Montreal could survive if Kessel rolled into town.

I wonder if the arrival of Babcock changes the Leafs plans with Kessel.

Not exactly sure. Re-signed my guys to decent contracts, traded away a few cap dumps, and made some moves.

But the salary cap never goes up. And sometimes I swear it goes down.

Right now I'm ~3 million over the cap and trading a 3m dollar player for an AHLer reduces my cap hit by 1 million. The math doesn't add up or I'm an idiot. Probably the latter. Even so it ticks me off. I put Vanek, Koivu, Pominville all on the trade block and never get offers. Ridiculous.

I'll have to start over and see how it goes. I assembled quite a group of prospects and was hoping to see how they'd go. Colin White, Jeremy Bracco, Jordan Greenway, Radek Faksa, and a handful of others I can't think of.

McDavid, btw, only scores 23 points in 73 games his rookie season according to EHM. BUST

The cap not changing is one of the reasons why I put EHM on the back burner, until SI puts out an update to fix that. It gets annoying when the cap is stuck right at 69.7m USD for 3-4 seasons in a row.

Aaaaaand Arma3 and Witcher 3.

Fei

Came into this thread to see the reaction of Buffalo fans, have not been disappointed

Are you not entertained???

I know our city's reputation, but I think most outsiders don't realize almost everyone from Buffalo loves Buffalo. There's a lot of pride I. Our community, which is normally a good thing. We're just sensitive folks when it comes to our image!

Let's never fight again, or at least not until there's an actual game on the line.

Let's hug it out brah.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I can understand the Sabres bitterness, they wasted a lot of time chasing the Cock only to get Cock blocked. No point in making it public though, all they're doing is looking like sore losers and burning bridges.

I'm curious to see what plan B is for the Sabres.

Are you not entertained???

I know our city's reputation, but I think most outsiders don't realize almost everyone from Buffalo loves Buffalo. There's a lot of pride I. Our community, which is normally a good thing. We're just sensitive folks when it comes to our image!

Let's hug it out brah.

I flew out from Buffalo before, Buffalonians are probably the nicest Americans I've met.

Also, Pittsburghers are great too. Both of these cities are cool in my books.

I can understand the Sabres bitterness, they wasted a lot of time chasing the Cock only to get Cock blocked. No point in making it public though, all they're doing is looking like sore losers and burning bridges.

carlyle.jpeg

Red_Man

Missed in all of this Babcock craziness is the fact that Boston is more or less just fucking themselves over and over.

*Don Cherry Thumbs up*

Are they though? As far as I've heard the only official word from the sabres was they thought they had a deal. Nothing else besides that. It's the media blowing this up.

Quick

Banned
@FriedgeHNIC Elliotte Friedman said:
Blog coming shortly on Phaneuf. Asked if he's ready for the "pain," he said: "I'm in."

OHHHH BROTHER.

Sounds like something Hulk Hogan would say.

Missed in all of this Babcock craziness is the fact that Boston is more or less just fucking themselves over and over.

*Don Cherry Thumbs up*

I'm not a fan of the fire GM, promote his assistant routine that so many sports franchises seem to resort to.

If you had a problem with how a team was constructed, why would you reward one of the guys who was a big part of that?

(I'm looking at you, Jays)

I wonder if the arrival of Babcock changes the Leafs plans with Kessel.

On the one hand, Kessel is 27 and one of the best goal scorers in the league. On the other hand, are the Leafs going to ruin his prime years rebuilding? When they're competitive in 4-5 years, he'll be in his 30's and on the decline.

His situation is the same as Phaneuf's though: paid like a franchise player despite not being one. A contending team can't commit $7-8M on someone who isn't their best player and cornerstone.

The Leafs will keep Kessel. Unless he has a terrible falling out with Babcock, he'll stay for the duration of his contract, with the possibility of being dealt in his last year.

Top Bottom