• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

John Ferguson Jr. promoted to assistant GM in Boston.

Life is good, for now.

Makes sense. He knows how to get talent into the Bruins system.

The Leafs will keep Kessel. Unless he has a terrible falling out with Babcock, he'll stay for the duration of his contract, with the possibility of being dealt in his last year.

My hope is that they can move him right now and get a high draft pick right now. Something in the 5-10 range.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm not a fan of the fire GM, promote his assistant routine that so many sports franchises seem to resort to.

If you had a problem with how a team was constructed, why would you reward one of the guys who was a big part of that?

(I'm looking at you, Jays)
Exactly. It's such a counter intuitive way of rebuilding a brand. I'll never get it, and it never works in the long term.

Pikma

Banned
Exactly. It's such a counter intuitive way of rebuilding a brand. I'll never get it, and it never works in the long term.
Doubt they actually do it for that purpose, it's more of a "we don't know what the hell we're doing so we're firing the current project's head but will still roll with it until we either come up with a new project or everything fixes by itself"

It's just that the latter never happens.

Holiday

Banned
In spite of the Blues endless cycle of disappointments... I'd be scared to let go of Hitch... he's a quality coach. What if they end up hiring Carlyle???
A frightening prospect. At this point I'm hoping Muller gets promoted. The upside to keeping Hitchcock is a much higher chance of significant roster changes.

Cake Boss

Banned
I think there's still some juice in that lemon.

Looks like next year will be completely unpredictable.

Basically 12 teams possibly in the mix for a playoff spot.

Unless Hamilton can replace what Chara used to be, I don't see it. Their depth has been gutted the past couple of years cuz of the cap and it's gonna get worse with Soderberg leaving.

Unless Hamilton can replace what Chara used to be, I don't see it. Their depth has been gutted the past couple of years cuz of the cap and it's gonna get worse with Soderberg leaving.

I can see them Vancouvering their way into the playoffs for a couple more years until they have to blow it up.

Who knows what happens with Montreal this year if Price's play goes down.

Tampa

Montreal
Ottawa
Boston
Florida
Detroit

Toronto
Buffalo

That's how I would group them.

Red_Man

Florida could easily come out and have a great year. They have a lot of young pieces that have made a lot progress.

Florida could easily come out and have a great year. They have a lot of young pieces that have made a lot progress.

Aaron Ekblad is going to have Norris Trophy year next year. That kid is a stud.

I'd like to see Florida in the Playoffs.

I think the teams to watch out for next year are Columbus,Florida and Dallas.

zroid

Banned
GtjRQL8.png

looooool

LevelNth

Banned
Duthie's interview is great, Babs is brutally honest. Shanny was relentless in pursuit, Babs respects that immensely, the $50m was offered on Day 1, and before they first met Babs said there was 'no chance' he'd consider coaching the Leafs, saying they 'weren't even close'... until he heard Shanahan's goal and direction he was taking the franchise.

That Shanaplan. Oh baby.

Fei

Tim Murray on Buffalo radio saying that Babcock handled everything on the up and up with the Sabres. Doesn't know where the reports are coming from about them being angry. He was optimistic he would sign, but they never came to a final agreement.

So that's that I guess.

Sabres have also been granted permission to speak with Bylsma. On we go.

Tim Murray on Buffalo radio saying that Babcock handled everything on the up and up with the Sabres. Doesn't know where the reports are coming from about them being angry. He was optimistic he would sign, but they never came to a final agreement.

So that's that I guess.

I think Bylsma will be a Decent Coach For Buffalo.

So that's that I guess.

Thank you. Glad this was put to rest.

Fei

Murray talking about how his coaching candidates need to be well-versed in analytics. A candidate can't expect to get the job by saying the team's going to be gritty and work hard and win. Love that. Enough of those Carlyle to Buffalo posts. :lol

Bleacher Report makes up hypothetical traded based on rumours.

Despite how ridiculous it gets (Kessel for AGally being one), it brings up interesting tidbits. TJ Oshie would be a solid pickup, Hudler is a UFA next season and could help out a team in need of offence.

I would really enjoy the Yakupov/Spurgeon trade for many reasons.

The brainwashing against Russians in this area is amazing, and seeing a longtime fan favorite like Spurgeon traded for one would be hilarious.

Even though we really do need to trade Spurgeon While he has value.

Red_Man

2nd of Lefebvre's assistants has been fired. Maybe Lefebrve is the problem, eh Bergevin?

I can't believe I didn't see Babcock going to Toronto years ago. After reading part of the first chapter of his book and gagging at how much he stroked off Canada's proverbial hockey dick it only made sense for him to eventually end up in Toronto.

Holy shit that book was bad.

Cake Boss

Banned
I can't believe I didn't see Babcock going to Toronto years ago. After reading part of the first chapter of his book and gagging at how much he stroked off Canada's proverbial hockey dick it only made sense for him to eventually end up in Toronto.

Holy shit that book was bad.

It was like reading Don Cherrys wet dream memoires.

Quick

Banned
When did this thing about giving coaches jerseys when they're hired start? It's stupid.

Funny you mention that because I think Paul Maurice, Ron Wilson, and maybe even Randy Carlyle got jackets to hold up.

But teams giving their new coach or GM hirings a jersey isn't new to this season. I've seen other teams do it for at least a couple of years. I might be wrong on that.

I was going to same thing, it's so cheesy.

it's a little cheesy, yeah.

Top Bottom