• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Samyy

Dopey your boy is doing things:

ImpartialAfraidKittiwake.gif

To bad they didn't score on that play

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We still have too many D, Gilbert or Emelin needs to be moved, aside from that I don't imagine Bergevin has any big plans. Signing Semin + having a rookie forward at camp pretty much solidifies the team.

Something along the lines of

Patches - Plek - BGally
Hudon - AGally - Semin
DD - Eller - DLR
DSP - Mitchel - Weise

Has Semin played left wing for any stretch of time?

Even as a non-Habs fan, I can say "finally!" to that.
giphy.gif

We still have too many D, Gilbert or Emelin needs to be moved, aside from that I don't imagine Bergevin has any big plans. Signing Semin + having a rookie forward at camp pretty much solidifies the team.

Something along the lines of

Patches - Plek - BGally
Hudon - AGally - Semin
DD - Eller - DLR
DSP - Mitchel - Weise

Has Semin played left wing for any stretch of time?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

jTEtkfg.gif

But the Ultimate Line i want is.

Hudon-Galchenyuk-Scherbak

That line will come soon.

JABEE

I watched the entire Don Cherry Story on Netflix. From his playing days to his broadcasting days.

It should be required viewing.

zroid

Banned
Robidas. Polak can be traded.

Cause Robidas is old, his entire cap will count against us and it won't be spread out over 4 years.

Might as well bring up a young D to play in his spot
I wouldn't hate it but since there's no cap relief I might rather just keep him on the team nominally. he can be useful as a mentor even if he doesn't play much.

of course the likelihood of him not playing is about the same as a buyout... not very

Samyy

I wouldn't hate it but since there's no cap relief I might rather just keep him on the team nominally. he can be useful as a mentor even if he doesn't play much.

of course the likelihood of him not playing is about the same as a buyout... not very

We have:
- Rielly
- Phaneuf
- Gardiner
- Polak
- Hunwick
- Marincin
- Robidas

Do you need Robidas as a mentor? I mean, Polak might kind of be that guy? I dunno - but it doesn't look like there's a sport for Percy even without Robidas.
Its fairly irrelevant to buy him out now considering we have 2.5mil in cap space BEFORE considering the Horton LTIR relief, which would give us $7.8mil of total room.

The more important thing is the SPC slot I guess, but you could probably trade a bum prospect for a conditional 7th or something to free one up.

Red_Man

The whole "mentor" shtick comes across as more PR bullshit GM's use to describe over the hill players. Unless it's a future hall of famer, like a Jagr, how much are these old dudes who are shit really teaching kids these days?

Samyy

The whole "mentor" shtick comes across as more PR bullshit GM's use to describe over the hill players. Unless it's a future hall of famer, like a Jagr, how much are these old dudes who are shit really teaching kids these days?

Yea I don't care really what they do with Robidas

Quick

Banned

Sounds about right. This whole "mentor" stuff is crap. Even Giguere wasn't a fan of the distinction when he was with the Leafs.

Robidas can stick around as a 6th/7th dman.

zroid

Banned
yeah guess you guys are right. it's not that I think he will help the kids play better by being around but he might be a good person to help them adjust to NHL life.

but to be fair the fitness and training staff can do that too

either way it's more about off ice stuff than on

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Maybe they think their prospects are idiots

Red_Man

I forget who it was discussing Interpol recently, but I'm listening to Beats 1 Radio and this song came on, I really liked it and thought it sounded eerily similar to Interpol. Looked it up and it turns out the leader singer does his own work? It's a few years old, but I never knew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuU3Nkv0xbc

yeah guess you guys are right. it's not that I think he will help the kids play better by being around but he might be a good person to help them adjust to NHL life.

but to be fair the fitness and training staff can do that too

either way it's more about off ice stuff than on
Teams insulate young players so well these days, especially with how prevalent social media is. I question how seriously a younger star would take an old veteran who is constantly being scratched.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not always. Teravainen said having Timonen around was good for him.

Red_Man

Not always. Teravainen said having Timonen around was good for him.
I think Timonen has a lot more to offer a younger player than a guy like Robidas.

Look at Seguin and how many "mentors" he had on the Bruins and he still got caught up partying and doing stuff management apparently wasn't very happy with.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think Timonen has a lot more to offer a younger player than a guy like Robidas.

Look at Seguin and how many "mentors" he had on the Bruins and he still got caught up partying and doing stuff management apparently wasn't very happy with.
I think that has more to do with Seguin. You cant teach someone that doesnt want to learn.

What are your guy's favourite NHL rivalries that are not your own teams?

Mine is Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh. Man that's some salt. Calgary vs Vancouver too

What are your guy's favourite NHL rivalries that are not your own teams?

Mine is Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh. Man that's some salt. Calgary vs Vancouver too

I do enjoy the battle of Pennsylvania.

Back in the day I enjoyed the Chicago/Detroit/St. Louis rivalrhy.

Calgary vs. Vancouver in the playoffs this year opened my eyes that I really need to closely consider the cable provider I choose.

Red_Man

Habs/Sens
I feel like you're trying to rile me up with this

Bruins / Habs is always one of the better ones when the Bruin's fairweather fans feel like positng

Vanucks / Yoda became an instant classic. Honestly, we need more rivalries in here.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Does anybody else find it weird that the mods close every thread with any NX discussion? Or am I the only one who enjoys reading those?

Top Bottom