• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gormley was rated by a lot of people to be one of the best D prospects in the league for a while there, wonder what went wrong.

On another note, Kassian is hilariously well characterized in NHL 16

Franson needs to fire his agent
It's curious to me how highly touted he is by the analytic guys and yet this is the best offer he can get at the moment.

Samyy

Gormley was rated by a lot of people to be one of the best D prospects in the league for a while there, wonder what went wrong.

On another note, Kassian is hilariously well characterized in NHL 16

It's curious to me how highly touted he is by the analytic guys and yet this is the best offer he can get at the moment.

I think people zeroed in on his time with the Preds, combine that with the cap stuff and it just feels like everything went wrong for him at that point. He would have got more if he did stay with the Leafs since he was actually playing well.

Same thing happened to Santarelli.

Same here, desepratly need a 2nd pair dman.

But then where would Phillips play!

Red_Man

I think people zeroed in on his time with the Preds, combine that with the cap stuff and it just feels like everything went wrong for him at that point. He would have got more if he did stay with the Leafs since he was actually playing well.

Same thing happened to Santarelli.
I think it's more of a disconnect between GM / Management guys and analytics people. A lot of teams have hired analytic guys, so you would think someone other than the Sabres would give him a decent offer. Weird situation.

Samyy

I think it's more of a disconnect between GM / Management guys and analytics people. A lot of teams have hired analytic guys, so you would think someone other than the Sabres would give him a decent offer. Weird situation.

That was definitely something that came up on the Steve Dangle Podcast when Mirtle was on, mentioned one guy who quit a while ago because of that.
Also, there are a ton of cheap 3rd liners with good fancy stats still available as UFAs, with all this talent not finding right now expansion might actually make sense.

I don't think the Leafs would have put in an offer on Franson regardless to distance themselves from the roster we had last year.

Samyy

Short term and light on cash. Seems like a pretty great move to me.

Jesus, the roster turnover on this team is incredible.

I was just looking at your roster and you may be able to ice two really good forward lines
That defence though....

Moulson - ROR - Kane
Ennis - Eichel - Girgensons

Not bad

Steve Dangle just tweeted this out: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/headlines-franson-maple-leafs-cant-agree/
Apparently Franson turned down a $4.6mil multiyear offer from the Leafs, I don't remember seeing this but damn, fire that agent Franson!

zroid

Banned
I don't think the Leafs would have put in an offer on Franson regardless to distance themselves from the roster we had last year.

tumblr_mksxqd0Xvr1qgzjt8o1_400.gif

Steve Dangle just tweeted this out: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/headlines-franson-maple-leafs-cant-agree/
Apparently Franson turned down a $4.6mil multiyear offer from the Leafs, I don't remember seeing this but damn, fire that agent Franson!

lollllll

Cake Boss

Banned
More like Franson needs to fire himself into the sun, more likely that his agent brought back that offer to him and he declined it.

Fei

I was just looking at your roster and you may be able to ice two really good forward lines
That defence though....

Moulson - ROR - Kane
Ennis - Eichel - Girgensons

Not bad

I'm wouldn't be too surprised if Reinhart stole the spotlight from Eichel this season. He's much bigger than last year, dominated rookie camp, and just carries himself like a pro.

The defense needs work, but Ristolainen and Pysyk should be pretty solid back there. Franson should take some of the minutes to allow those guys to grow into bigger roles.

If Lehner is good, this team could surprise.

Samyy

More like Franson needs to fire himself into the sun, more likely that his agent brought back that offer to him and he declined it.

Nah I bet the agent was banking on a huge contract this summer

I'm wouldn't be too surprised if Reinhart stole the spotlight from Eichel this season. He's much bigger than last year, dominated rookie camp, and just carries himself like a pro.

The defense needs work, but Ristolainen and Pysyk should be pretty solid back there. Franson should take some of the minutes to allow those guys to grow into bigger roles.

If Lehner is good, this team could surprise.

Yea I think it'll be interesting to see, on paper its hard to see how the Leafs are better than your team right now if Lehner holds up.

This bodes well for the tank!

Honest Predictions for This Season's Stanley Cup Final?

I'm gonna say Dallas Vs A Canadian Team.

I'm probably going to be wrong though.

Also do you guys Think Kane won't be a Blackhawk by the end of this season.

Yawnier

Banned
Yea I think it'll be interesting to see, on paper its hard to see how the Leafs are better than your team right now if Lehner holds up.

This bodes well for the tank!

I'm not so concerned about the Buffalo tank in tanks wars this upcoming season, it would be moreso teams like the coyotes and devils prob.

Pikma

Banned

Creeper, please tell me which lottery numbers you like, that way I'll know which ones not to buy.

Socreges

Banned

Yes. Probably.

Canucks, Hawks, Avs, Oilers, Yotes, and Sharks will
miss
the playoffs in the West. Calling it now.

I don't think the East playoff picture will change too much.

Who the fuck knows who will make the Finals.

Stasis

This NHL 16 early access just lets you play against the computer as Chicago or Tampa. Lame.

Did you go back after completion?

That was only during early download percentage. I played a playoff series vs. my buddy, Rangers and Habs. Gonna see if BAGM works now!

Red_Man

Did you go back after completion?

That was only during early download percentage. I played a playoff series vs. my buddy, Rangers and Habs. Gonna see if BAGM works now!
Yea, I realized that after, problem was it took me 5 hours to download the trial for whatever reason. Game feels more polished but not radically different, hopefully I can get some more time with it this weekend.

Foggy

Caps vs. Quacks. Book it.
Reigning playoff pick-em loser here

Kane isn't going anywhere. No way, Jose.

Top Bottom