• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin just confirmed AGally will be moving to center for this season

THE DESHARNAIS ERA IS OVERRRRRR

OfYGY.gif

3t643vZ.gif

He also said they'll name a captain by the end of training camp.

imBask

Banned
If we don't make the playoffs this season it'll be a huge failure.

looking at last year standings you guys might actually make it after all, i'm 112% sure Calgary won't make the playoffs, and i'm not that sure about Vancouver, so I guess it'll be you guys and LA

imBask

Banned
Of course he is. But I think Pacioretty is a appropriate Captain for Montreal.

is he though? I love him, but he's not our typical "langue de bois"... Our media go nuts for really small things and Pacioretty is known to openly speak his mind

If it can help change the boring politically correct culture around the Canadiens, then i'm all for it

zroid

Banned
The Leafs rookies' three games are on LeafsTV, looks like

not sure where the other games are being broadcast, on those teams respective channels I guess?

edit: actually I'm wrong, they're all gonna be on Rogers TV Sports I think. Leafs TV is showing the Leafs games on a delay.

imBask

Banned

not sure where the other games are being broadcast, on those teams respective channels I guess?

edit: actually I'm wrong, they're all gonna be on Rogers TV Sports I think. Leafs TV is showing the Leafs games on a delay.

there's a blackout for a rookie game? really?

Merguson

Banned

LeafsTV continue to be the most useless channel to own at this rate.

Stasis

Time to get my HS sub active again!

As to NHL 16... some improvements over 15. Not a huge fan of this morale stuff as its way over-used, in typical EA new feature fashion, but simming in BAGM is about 1000x quicker and more efficient. Nothing really interrupts it. I mean, shit pops up if you're set up that way, but it remembers how far you wanted to sim! It's the small things that excite when we're so used to years of bullshit bugs.

Trading is awkward as fuck so far. I wanted to test it so I set it to easy and then tried to get the first overall in 2016. I tried so many combos using my top trade players who were all green, therefore desired, by Dallas (EA simming disagrees with you Creeper! Lol) and the only thing that worked was fucking Lundqvist and like 4 consecutive year first rounders for the first overall and Niemi. And then my whole team had a morale meltdown because I traded Hank.

Glitch goals still work. Top corner from absurd angles and one-timers are easy as fuck still. Hitting feels more natural. Skating a little improved. Better commentary. MASCOTS. A lot more shot blocking and pass intercepts now from AI D. Etc.

Eh. Not sure I wanna dive in at $80 just now. Gonna give it a little time.

Also debating cutting my losses and selling my XB1 and then getting a PS4. Third fucking controller to have the left joystick issue, all purchased new and used very moderately. Getting on my nerves.

Quick

Banned
Honestly what purpose does the channel even have? You used to get 10 live games a year on it and even then ugh.

They could do so much with it but choose not to.

I remember when they did something like 20 games in a season once.

They have nothing now that Andi Petrillo is gone.

imBask

Banned
if Bergevin showed up in your office to offer you Desharnais for your top player, you wouldn't argue with him in that shape. It's a great strategy

zroid

Banned
Honestly what purpose does the channel even have? You used to get 10 live games a year on it and even then ugh.

They could do so much with it but choose not to.

away Marlies games are basically the only thing it's good for... and occasionally their coverage of random Leafs events like fanfest and prospect camp, etc.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Odd that they delayed announcing the C until after training camp, especially when everyone already assumed it would be Patches. I'd love to see Subban with the C, but I don't think they have to balls to give it to him.

Is that actually him? Dude is jacked.
This is our head scout

trevor1-e1410034572875.jpg

Habs management is all about those gains

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Socreges (I think it was you), I don't know if this was answered but you can watch Colbert on Global's site.You don't need a cable subscription unless the show is a week old. First two episodes are up.

Foggy

Traverse City also starts tomorrow, though I don't think it's going to be streaming anywhere.

THW mentioned "sources" who suggested teams might use Periscope to stream them. Sure would be nice.

Milano-Tynan-Bjorkstrand
Rychel-Moutrey-Anderson
Bittner-Pelletier-Zaar
Kolesar-Quenneville-Sherwood

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Curufinwe

But now I'm even more disappointed we're not participating in the Buffalo rookie tournament with Buffalo, Boston and NJ. Seems like it would have been a no brainer to be the 4th team in that group.

Top Bottom