• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Yawnier

Banned
24th overall pick in 2000 by the Leafs.

boyes-brad-000123.jpg

He was a part of the Owen Nolan trade, like damn, that feels forever ago now.

Curtis Glencross says that he, and some of the other guys, don't see this Leafs team as a rebuild.

I guess they maybe have to say that, to show pride in their team and whatnot, but it's still a bit worrying.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#Habs Desharnais on Galchenyuk: "He's a top 3, he was gonna play C at some point. With Pleks being so good, & Eller, I'll play wherever."
Basically, he'll be playing wing, or whatever position he has to, to stop them from trading him. It's pretty surreal seeing this finally happen.

McCarron and Hudon will be playing C at camp as well, should be interesting to see which is these kids stands out

Habs EOTP guy makes this point

The Habs have Hudon, Holloway, Weise, DSP, Flynn, DLR, Bournival, Andrighetto, Carr, Thomas, Scherbak, & McCarron competing for TWO spots.
That's crazy. I'd like to think Bergevin has another trade coming.

Basically, he'll be playing wing, or whatever position he has to, to stop them from trading him. It's pretty surreal seeing this finally happen.

McCarron and Hudon will be playing C at camp as well, should be interesting to see which is these kids stands out

Habs EOTP guy makes this point

That's crazy. I'd like to think Bergevin has another trade coming.

I think we should trade Thomas and Carr. I don't see the need for Them.

Red_Man

Don't think DSP should really be playing in your top 9
I don't either, but he wasn't brought here to be a bottom line player. They'll give him a chance to show he changed things around this summer, but I don't have much hope. Likewise for Kassian.

Samyy

I don't either, but he wasn't brought here to be a bottom line player. They'll give him a chance to show he changed things around this summer, but I don't have much hope. Likewise for Kassian.

Yea thats a guy I think would be moved because he may have some perceived value around the league, but with Therrien who knows.

Red_Man

Apparently they told AGally he would be playing center in June. Weird after Bergevins comments after the playoffs... But good to hear he's been able to focus on it all summer. Therriens comments regarding him moving to C is the most refreshing thing I've heard him say.

Apparently they told AGally he would be playing center in June. Weird after Bergevins comments after the playoffs... But good to hear he's been able to focus on it all summer. Therriens comments regarding him moving to C is the most refreshing thing I've heard him say.

What did Therrien say?

imBask

Banned

99% sure it was part of his contract negociation

Socreges

Banned
Sanjuro is many things, but I never thought of him as a racist.

Bergevin just confirmed AGally will be moving to center for this season

THE DESHARNAIS ERA IS OVERRRRRR

OfYGY.gif

3t643vZ.gif

He also said they'll name a captain by the end of training camp.
Desharnais won't start at 1C?

Samyy

Looks like Marner has chosen 84
I'm kinda glad he didn't go for 93, I can't imagine what a circus that would have been even though I don't understand the Gilmour love.

imBask

Banned
1- Desharnais
2- Plekanec
3- Galchenyuk
4- one of the 12 other centres

you know it's going to happen, we're talking about Michel Therrien here

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-patrick-kane-grand-jury-rescheduled-20150910-story.html

A Western New York grand jury is expected to resume the sexual assault investigation into Blackhawks star Patrick Kane, his attorney told the Tribune on Thursday.

The Erie County district attorney's office postponed proceedings earlier this week, a move that raised questions about the direction of the high-profile case. Before the last-minute delay, Kane's accuser and a friend who was with her at Kane's lakefront home on the night of the alleged incident had been scheduled to appear before the grand jury Tuesday afternoon.

Kane's attorney, Paul Cambria, said Thursday that he did not know why prosecutors canceled the grand jury presentation but that the move did not come at his request. He also said he was told the proceedings would resume soon, though he would not discuss any other aspect of the case.

"We were informed that it (the grand jury) was rescheduled," Cambria said.

Sources said the case is slated to go before the grand jury in about two weeks, which puts it on a collision course with the Blackhawks' training camp, which opens Sept. 18.

At least five potential witnesses are expected to appear before the grand jury, in addition to Kane's accuser.

Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita III could not be reached Thursday but has repeatedly declined to comment on the case.

Grand jury investigations are commonplace in Erie County, where Sedita is known for his cautious approach. Local attorneys have told the Tribune that Sedita almost always sends high-profile investigations to a grand jury, even in cases that he doesn't intend to indict. The move — which often prolongs investigations — takes some of the responsibility for whether to charge a suspect off his shoulders.

Kane, 26, has been under investigation over an alleged sexual assault that reportedly occurred last month at his gated mansion in Hamburg, N.Y., near Buffalo. He has not been charged with any crime.

The Tribune previously has reported that Kane spent the night of Aug. 1 at SkyBar, a popular nightclub about 15 miles from his Hamburg home, staying past midnight with friends. Cambria previously confirmed an off-duty Buffalo police officer's revelation that he had driven Kane, a male friend and two women to the player's home after leaving the bar.

Hamburg police Chief Greg Wickett has said the case remains active.

Kane's accuser continues to cooperate with the investigation, according to a source connected with the case.

Kane's agent this week said the winger did nothing wrong, marking the first time anyone from Kane's camp has publicly proclaimed his innocence. Cambria declined to discuss any aspect of the criminal investigation or any potential civil actions facing the Blackhawks star.

"There's a process. We're going through the process and we're going to leave it that way," Cambria said.

The Blackhawks have declined to say whether Kane will join his teammates at training camp in South Bend, Ind.

Red_Man

What did Therrien say?
He said they're committed to him playing center and are prepared for the ups and downs of it but won't move him to wing and don't want him worrying about that.

99% sure it was part of his contract negociation
This is true, especially with how hard he's negotiated with other guys.

Sanjuro is many things, but I never thought of him as a racist.

Desharnais won't start at 1C?
Therrien / Bergevin said he will be playing on one of the top two lines, which logic dictates Pleks will be the other top C unless he's traded. He's not playing on the third line, and DD isn't good enough defensively to displace Eller on the third line.

Solo

SO happy that AGally is going to play centre.

But also this

1- Desharnais
2- Plekanec
3- Galchenyuk
4- one of the 12 other centres

you know it's going to happen, we're talking about Michel Therrien here

is pretty much guaranteed. Third line with plug wingers because Mikey T.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Marner has chosen 84
I'm kinda glad he didn't go for 93, I can't imagine what a circus that would have been even though I don't understand the Gilmour love.
How dare you...! D:

Damn young'uns!

He was the best penalty door glass breaker slammer we ever had.

He played with a ton of pride and passion and was a good ol Ontatria boy.

Red_Man

The potential for AGally - Semin magic makes all hot and bothered.

SO happy that AGally is going to play centre.

But also this

is pretty much guaranteed. Third line with plug wingers because Mikey T.
They've said themselves he's playing on the top two lines.

Samyy

It's because you're young and foolish!

How dare you...! D:

Damn young'uns!

He was the best penalty door glass breaker slammer we ever had.

He played with a ton of pride and passion and was a good ol Ontatria boy.

Well then instead of having these untouchable numbers just retire them already
Its stupid

Well it's hard to like someone when you've never seen him play

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Well then instead of having these untouchable numbers just retire them already
Its stupid

Well it's hard to like someone when you've never seen him play

But you're honestly are going to act like you don't understand why Leafs fans love Doug Gilmour?

I've never seen King Clancy, Dave Keon, Tim Horton, Johnny Bower play but I definitely understand why fans much older than me love these guys.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Life is Strange: ep 2

Welp. RIP Kate.

The train section was intense.

From the first and second episode, there were a couple of choices that I was really in the minority on. Like over 80% voted the other way.

Top Bottom