• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Heretic

Finally finished Metal Gear Solid 3.

bIiplYg.gif

It feels nice running through some classic moments that I've only really read about, like Snake climbing up a long ladder with the Snake Eater theme song playing, EVA meeting Snake (which is the furthest I've gotten in past attempts), and finally, the ending. Damn, that was good.

Same! Well, I finished watching it on YouTube... 4+ hours...

Edit: What's next story-wise?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Soooo seattle is one step away from having their arena approved

And glendale voted last night to start contract negotiations with beacon sports to replace the coyotes as their arena manager

Welp.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Jesus Christ man!!

That's amazing. I got star struck just seeing them at a game.

Did he... Like... Order them and use cash, like people do?

He spoke directly to the servant as though she weren't a base life form, and even stored his money in a wallet like the rest of us filth. It was eye opening.

iLLmAtlc

Mgs3 ending gets me every time. That debriefing soundtrack, and credits too. :(

Also is the Kane thing being misreported? Negotiating with a witness in a criminal proceeding sounds very strange. There should be a crime for tampering with witnesses?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are on the ice again scrimmaging today. Joining the group today are Fast, Lindberg, and Stoll, as well as Brett Bellemore as an invitee. Aside from Mac and Hank (slackers), that should be just about everybody reporting for duty at this point, I think.

Not bad considering training camp is still a week off.

Stasis

Rangers are on the ice again scrimmaging today. Joining the group today are Fast, Lindberg, and Stoll, as well as Brett Bellemore as an invitee. Aside from Mac and Hank (slackers), that should be just about everybody reporting for duty at this point, I think.

Not bad considering training camp is still a week off.

I've been impressed with these reports. Really everyone attending optionals is great for morale and to develop chemistry, get to know the new faces, etc. Now Mac and Hank need to stop doing promotional nonsense =P

Edit: NHL 16 trial from EA Access soon. Wonder if it unlocks at midnight or tomorrow afternoon. Eager to see how BAGM plays so I can decide if I'm skipping it until later for the third consecutive year. That'd be a shame seeing as I got an XB1 primarily for NHL. Thinking I should have just gotten the PS4 now. More interesting titles in the pipeline imo.

zroid

Banned
well now we know why Hank and Mac weren't at the Rangers scrimmage thing... they're both at the World Cup event :lol

Having countries in both North American and Europe participate, and then having a Team North America and a Team Europe sounds a little weird.

Parch

"Team North America"
I like the idea of the 2 unified teams. It eliminates the need for a couple of lame duck teams from countries who lack the talent depth. All 8 teams will be competative.

I'm sure the U-23 NA teams will have some young americans, but let's not kid ourselves here, this is going to be Team Canada #2. Given the popularity of the World Juniors in Canada, I can see this team being a very popular underdog. It's also going to be a very good team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think I'm the only person who likes the idea of a under 23 team. It has the potential for some really great hockey.

zroid

Banned
Thankfully in the official language it says "23 and under" as opposed to "under 23" as they've been telling us

a team of 22 and under players would be... bad

imBask

Banned
I'm so sick about the whole "who's the captain" discussion in Montreal right now

we all know who the captain is, and he can't wear a C on his jersey, period. Move on.

Curufinwe

exclusive rights. USA and Canada only can choose players 24 and over

I see. Looks like the cutoff date is 9/17/16. Here's a projected roster from months ago.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...m-young-guns-roster-projected-connor-mcdavid/

FORWARD
Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche (20)
Connor McDavid, TBD (19)
Jonathan Drouin, Tampa Bay Lightning (21)
Brandon Saad, Chicago Blackhawks (23)
Jack Eichel, TBD (19)
Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes (21)
Ryan Strome, New York Islanders (23)
Alex Galchenyuk, Montreal Canadiens (22)
Sean Monahan, Calgary Flames (21)
Mark Scheifele, Winnipeg Jets (23)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Edmonton Oilers (23)
Boone Jenner, Columbus Blue Jackets (23)
Sean Couturier, Philadelphia Flyers (23)
Johnny Gaudreau, Calgary Flames (23)

DEFENCE
Aaron Ekblad, Florida Panthers (20)
Damon Severson, New Jersey Devils (22)
Mathew Dumba, Minnesota Wild (22)
Cody Ceci, Ottawa Senators (22)
Seth Jones, Nashville Predators (21)
Jacob Trouba, Winnipeg Jets (22)
Morgan Rielly, Toronto Maple Leafs (22)
Dougie Hamilton, Boston Bruins (23)
Ryan Murray, Columbus Blue Jackets (22)

GOAL
John Gibson, Anaheim Ducks (22)
Malcolm Subban, Boston Bruins (22)
Calvin Pickard, Colorado Avalanche (23)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
NHL 16 update for day 1 patch or something

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2015/nhl-16-update?sf40850128=1

KEY ADDITIONS INCLUDE:

EASHL Drop-In
EASHL Player Badges
Shootout Mode
Team Practices
United Center - the home arena of the Chicago Blackhawks
NHL 3-on-3 OT rule change

EA SPORTS HOCKEY LEAGUE

Ranked Quick Match – The perfect place to play EASHL if you don’t have an EASHL team or if your teammates can’t make it online. Quickly search for a Drop-In game of up to 6v6 to practice your skills or scout players. Play as your created pro, choose your position and your player class before entering the game.

Invite Friend – Send an EASHL Drop-In invite to your friends.

EASHL Player Badges – Introducing EA SPORTS™ Hockey League pro leveling. Play EASHL Seasons, Playoff games, or Drop-in games and earn Experience Points that unlocks badges for different stat categories and milestones. Earn enough EXP and you will level up your Pro.

Once at Level 50, you will earn a Prestige badge and start at Level 1 again to begin the pursuit of your next badge. This is the ultimate display of your skills. Player levels will be prominently presented for other users to see in the Leaderboards, Dressing Room, and Side Select, so level up and brag to your friends.

SHOOTOUT MODE

Online Shootout – Take on another player in a head-to-head match as the goalie or the shooter. Players will get five shots each and are able to play as the goalie. Choose between a Ranked Quick Match where you are quickly paired up against an online opponent for a 1v1 shootout game, Custom Matchmaking where you can customize your unranked shootout settings, or the Invite a Friend option.

Offline Shootout – Take part in a shootout against the AI or a local human controlled player.

TEAM PRACTICES

Practice mode now includes team practices. Players can have up to five players on both offense and defense in three different scenarios from "rush" to "in-zone" plays. There is also the option to play as the goalie in practices, so you can hone your skills before starting your goalie career or taking on online competition.

PRESENTATION

The United Center is now included in NHL 16 and will feature authentic architecture found at the home arena of the Chicago Blackhawks.
Players can now select between five different sizes for Player Indicators that appear during gameplay.
Improvements to lighting, visuals, fan AI and stadium architecture for all NHL arenas.

BE A GM

General improvements to Player Morale.
Added the ability to offer qualified RFAs a contract during the pre-season.
Updated AI trade logic.

HOCKEY ULTIMATE TEAM

Improvements to search filters for Collections, My Bids, and ended Auctions.

BE A PRO

Improvements to defenseman visualization and coaching feedback.

GAMEPLAY

Added NHL 3-on-3 OT rule changes.
General improvements to defensive AI logic.
Added an alternate goalie control scheme based on Beta feedback
Added option to toggle if precision skating is default or not for goalies.
Hint supports added for alternate goalie controls.
Improved logic for goalie interference penalties and allowed/disallowed goals.

zroid

Banned
I love that they are projecting a goaltender to be on Team North America who hasn't even played a full NHL game yet. That's how dire the development situation is for young American and Canadian goalies right now.

Quick

Banned
I love that they are projecting a goaltender to be on Team North America who hasn't even played an NHL game yet. That's how dire the development situation is for young American and Canadian goalies right now.

Nobody wants to be a goalie.

Top Bottom