• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Quick

Banned
Completing the first mission unlocks several more. There's a decent amount of content in there and it's not an expensive game. I love the mechanics, though, so I had no complaints for $10 or $20 or whatever I paid for it. MGSV has an insane amount of content in comparison of course. GZ is very much a prologue.

Havent been able to touch MGSV in a few days. Too busy. I'm pining

I did see the content after I finished the main mission. I might look into it at some point, but I'm set on MGSV now.

I really liked the additions of the cameras and spotlights to make it a little more difficult to go through. Definitely more complicated than MGS3.

Socreges

Banned
Ground zeroes has more than one mission?
Yes, though they're all set in the same area. Some during the day, different enemies, shooting from a copter, etc

I did see the content after I finished the main mission. I might look into it at some point, but I'm set on MGSV now.

I really liked the additions of the cameras and spotlights to make it a little more difficult to go through. Definitely more complicated than MGS3.
Yeah, not worth it if you already have MGSV and you're pressed for time.

Delryk

OMG i'm so excited today!.. Last day of work --- next week off! hockey pretty much starts tonight!.. i'll have a bit of time to play NHL16!.. sweeeeet...

now if only the next 8 hours can go fast..

Pikma

Banned
What the hell is up with japanese people and their ability/talent to play video games competitively?Playing Splatoon in the day against (mostly) westerners feels like a walk in the park compared to playing at night and in early mornings in lobbies full of japanese players, it literally feels like fucking day and night. And they're of the same rank too so it's not like they're on a different class or level, they're just waaaaay more competitive.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is up with japanese people and their ability/talent to play video games competitively?Playing Splatoon in the day against (mostly) westerners feels like a walk in the park compared to playing at night and in early mornings in lobbies full of japanese players, it literally feels like fucking day and night. And they're of the same rank too so it's not like they're on a different class or level, they're just waaaaay more competitive.

"Stop, fucking, jumping!" - Me every game against Japanese players.

japanese splatoon players have a lag advantage
I still havent found them to be much of a challenge in general though

iLLmAtlc

So I've made it to the MGSV FOB stuff and I'm not sure what the complaining was about. Sure, you can only develop one extra base and that stinks. But the stuff about stopping you from playing missions is absolute hyperbole. Those missions are like the PW outer ops, where you send your combat team to a place and after x minutes you either get rewards or they failed. There's no actual gameplay to them.

ZeroGravity

So I've made it to the MGSV FOB stuff and I'm not sure what the complaining was about. Sure, you can only develop one extra base and that stinks. But the stuff about stopping you from playing missions is absolute hyperbole. Those missions are like the PW outer ops, where you send your combat team to a place and after x minutes you either get rewards or they failed. There's no actual gameplay to them.
It does, however, increase the grind it takes to gather resources and GMP in order to unlock and upgrade weapons, Mother Base, etc.

I've put about 70 hours in and completed almost every mission and there are still a ton of things I've yet to unlock because the grind is so slow. It would have been nice to have some of those things available while I was doing the primary portion of the game.

Stasis

I'm so hockey desperate I might watch this Habs rookie thing.

Since they never broadcast TC its all I'm gonna get 'til preseason.

And I think NHL 16 is a no go for me. Third year with no day one purchase. It's a shiny wrapper with some improvements but all of the major flaws still in place, and morale is already getting old just ten hours in. Team plays like ass due to minor roster moves, everyone's annoyed, and "player meetings" are just generic repetitive 4 choice answers that randomly affect a player. It's a guessing game. Some players will say completely different things about the locker room/management in the same time frame.

And I couldn't re-sign Cam Talbot in the off-season because of morale. We did OK and I offered him a great contract (BAGM as Sabres) when no others did. He said no and just sat on the FA list after. Of course a near 30 year old goalie in the low 80's is gonna turn down a 5 year $3M+ deal so he can get a $925k two-way on a team he "likes more". Realism. Good stuff!

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't get it, you drop a productive Brad Boyes for a Havlat.

Havlat last 4 seasons goal total : 32 goals.
Boyes last 2 seasons total: 35 goals.

I don't get it, you drop a productive Brad Boyes for a Havlat.

Havlat last 4 seasons goal total : 32 goals.
Boyes last 2 seasons total: 35 goals.

Havlat seems more like favor. Doubt the PTOs would be signed. At most a 2-way.

Boyes gone gives a space to the younger guys like Trochek and Grimaldi.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Ryan Clowe can not play hockey again
What happened to him :x?

Tons of concussions in a real short span of time. Started basically the season he was traded to the Rangers. I think he had one that season while with San Jose and then two as a member of the Rangers (which was only a span of like 2 months or so), and then he's been injured constantly since the Devils signed him to that amazingly stupid contract.

Meanwhile...

It looks like some of the new Rangers are playing in their actual game gear today rather than their practice gear.

1vgPxMX.jpg

Oscar Lindberg has also apparently switched from his old #48 to be the new 24, which is the number he wore in Sweden. Guess that's a sign he's planning on sticking around this year.

Curufinwe

Tons of concussions in a real short span of time. Started basically the season he was traded to the Rangers. I think he had one that season while with San Jose and then two as a member of the Rangers (which was only a span of like 2 months or so), and then he's been injured constantly since the Devils signed him to that amazingly stupid contract.

Of all the bad contracts in recent years that one seemed to carry the most obvious risk. All the concussions were well documented, his performance in 12-13 was very poor, and Loony Lou still handed him $24.25 million.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Havlat seems more like favor. Doubt the PTOs would be signed. At most a 2-way.

Boyes gone gives a space to the younger guys like Trochek and Grimaldi.
When is Grimaldi expected to take the next step? Feels like I've been hearing about him forever now.

RC

Banned
Was hoping to get a ticket to a Leafs preseason game on the 21st or 22nd. But it's a lot more money than I'm willing to spend just to boo a team I don't like.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since Google figured out how to get around Adblock on youtube I'm getting nothing but unskippable 30 second ads, those fucks. Even got a minute long ad the other day, just closed the video immediately.

imBask

Banned
Ever since Google figured out how to get around Adblock on youtube I'm getting nothing but unskippable 30 second ads, those fucks. Even got a minute long ad the other day, just closed the video immediately.

uninstall the youtube app on chrome, or use Firefox and drop the piece of shit that Chrome has become lately

Samyy

i don't love these line combos, who is foster srsly i just want to see marner and nylander on the same line even if it doesn't make sense, i need this

however i am still fully erect

TJ Foster is some guy we signed out of the University of Alberta to an AHL contract
I'm hoping we'll see those two together on the power play.

Quinn MacKeen ‏@quinnesq 18s18 seconds ago
People say O'Neill played for bad teams, in his 9 yrs on Hart-Car, O'Neill ranked 102 of 102 teammates. With a -97. Next worst was a -53. /5

Quinn MacKeen ‏@quinnesq 2m2 minutes ago
Jeff O'Neill talks lots about the need to play an all-round game. Yet in his career he was 2083rd in the NHL for plus/minus. Out of 2085. /4

Quinn MacKeen ‏@quinnesq 4m4 minutes ago
And over Healy's 4 year Leaf career, he ranked 68th of 68 NHL goalies (1000 shots.) So a few holes Glenn never managed to find. Or close. /3

Quinn MacKeen ‏@quinnesq 5m5 minutes ago
Glenn Healy loves to find holes in a goalie's game. But of 25 goalies who played regularly when he did, Glenn was 25th in Save %. Last. /2

Oh my.

eyeless

TJ Foster is some guy we signed out of the University of Alberta to an AHL contract
I'm hoping we'll see those two together on the power play.
yeah i looked him up he's some scrub, and i have the same hope

imagine these lines at least

Dzierkals-Marner-Kapanen
Timashov-Nylander-Soshnikov/Korostelev

who needs a bottom six

Top Bottom