• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

eyeless

look at this fucking guy
JaggedPalatableAustraliankelpie.gif

Yawnier

Banned
Nylander's wrist and snap shot has def improved in the last year, I remember reading somewhere which Nylander said that Kessel gave him some pointers on shooting in last years training camp and pre-season.

Cindro

Hey blokes, I went and made a hockey level in Super Mario Maker. I figured those of you with the game might appreciate it
(especially my blatant Blackhawks bias)

Mario Hockey: Stick Not Included

F0FE-0000-0034-410E

A couple of tips:

1. Don't press anything in the first area until you reach the door
2. If you're unable to leave the hockey arena, explore the home team's goal net

Don't lose a tooth out there!

Socreges

Banned
Sportsnet Canucks columnist :

Not sure how much that means because I don't know how many decent D prospects the Canucks have, but PK has been pumping his tires for a while now.
We have lots of average D prospects. But no great ones. Quantity over quality.

Corrado is our best D prospect. But he's going to graduate very soon, finally. After that, Subban and a bunch of guys who no one expects much of but they could surprise.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey blokes, I went and made a hockey level in Super Mario Maker. I figured those of you with the game might appreciate it
(especially my blatant Blackhawks bias)

Mario Hockey: Stick Not Included

F0FE-0000-0034-410E

A couple of tips:

1. Don't press anything in the first area until you reach the door
2. If you're unable to leave the hockey arena, explore the home team's goal net

Don't lose a tooth out there!

Saving this post until I can play it tomorrow. Thanks!

Mario Maker is a shitload of fun, and it's just barely getting started. The levels are getting better every day, so I can't wait to see what shit looks like by Christmas.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Saving this post until I can play it tomorrow. Thanks!

Mario Maker is a shitload of fun, and it's just barely getting started. The levels are getting better every day, so I can't wait to see what shit looks like by Christmas.

Haven't been on since the first couple days, which was filled with a couple of levels that play themselves, and a bunch of theme levels that weren't particularly fun to play, but kinda neat. Good to hear the levels are getting better.

Haven't had enough time to sit down and make one myself.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Haven't been on since the first couple days, which was filled with a couple of levels that play themselves, and a bunch of theme levels that weren't particularly fun to play, but kinda neat. Good to hear the levels are getting better.

Haven't had enough time to sit down and make one myself.

Yeah they're moving away from short, one-note "puzzle" type levels and more towards multi-screen classic style platforming levels.

zroid

Banned
Yeah they're moving away from short, one-note "puzzle" type levels and more towards multi-screen classic style platforming levels.

speaking of which I made a couple new stages!

"Reckless Jumpery" : 0A96-0000-0030-8666

"Cheep Cheep Chase" : 348E-0000-0034-B85C

going to try Cindro's hockey stage now :lol

Cindro

Most of the levels are still garbage, though - at least when playing 100 Mario Challenge (which is primarily what I've been doing to unlock those sweet sweet amiibo costumes)

speaking of which I made a couple new stages!

"Reckless Jumpery" : 0A96-0000-0030-8666

"Cheep Cheep Chase" : 348E-0000-0034-B85C

going to try Cindro's hockey stage now :lol
Excellent! I hope you enjoy it. I'm bookmarking your stages too so I can check them out when I get home from work tonight!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Most of the levels are still garbage, though - at least when playing 100 Mario Challenge (which is primarily what I've been doing to unlock those sweet sweet amiibo costumes)

Without a doubt, and I'm sure the majority will remain garbage for the life of the game. But sorting it by star ratings or whatever is definitely starting to throw a larger ratio of good to bad at me.

Murray might not step down as Senators GM: report

Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray, who's battling Stage 4 colon cancer, told the Ottawa Sun on Sunday he will speak with owner Eugene Melnyk about his future when the time is right.

Murray's contract with the Senators calls for him to be a consultant next year, and he said he's leaning that way. But he told the Sun he still enjoys being at the rink every day, though he would like to have more time to spend with his family. He said he appreciates the help he gets from assistant GMs Pierre Dorion and Randy Lee, as well as his staff.

"I feel pretty good," Murray said.

"I'm not sure where I am at the moment. I'm at the end of my general manager's contract and I'm not pushing to do anything there. I'm just going to, in all likelihood I'll step back, but that's not absolute. I haven't talked to Eugene about it at all really. I've talked to my wife [Geri] about it and there's no question that we better give some time to our family and do a little bit.”

Murray was with the Senators this weekend at a rookie tournament in London, Ontario, and said he enjoyed it.

"It's kind of energizing to come here, be around the young players and getting it going again," he said.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=778978

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So for the second year in a row it sounds like the Garden 366 exhibit in MSG is having a date updated with a new Rangers moment. In this case, May 13 is being updated with Stepan's Game 7 OT winner against the Caps.

Quick

Banned
I finished the Prologue, Mission 1 and 2 of MGSV.

The Prologue was pretty tense, with fiery Volgin following Snake and Ishmael, as well as just sneaking from soldiers. Definitely a good refresher on the gameplay.

Mission 1 was good too. The Skulls were freaky as fuck. The moment I got to the first rendezvous point after rescuing Kaz, those things appeared and I just booked it to the next rendezvous point while being chased by them. I guess the idea was to use the mist to sneak around them? I don't know.

It's weird seeing an older Ocelot after playing MGS3. Doesn't seem like the same character, but cool nonetheless. Granted, I haven't played MGS2 yet, so I don't have a full scope of the character.

I finished the Prologue, Mission 1 and 2 of MGSV.

The Prologue was pretty tense, with fiery Volgin following Snake and Ishmael, as well as just sneaking from soldiers. Definitely a good refresher on the gameplay.

Mission 1 was good too. The Skulls were freaky as fuck. The moment I got to the first rendezvous point after rescuing Kaz, those things appeared and I just booked it to the next rendezvous point while being chased by them. I guess the idea was to use the mist to sneak around them? I don't know.

It's weird seeing an older Ocelot after playing MGS3. Doesn't seem like the same character, but cool nonetheless. Granted, I haven't played MGS2 yet, so I don't have a full scope of the character.

I think Ocelot is probably the best MGS character.

Quick

Banned
I think Ocelot is probably the best MGS character.

Ocelot was hilarious in MGS3. It's interesting to see that knowing he becomes a major character in future games.

And one more thing about MGSV: I kind of like the episodic format they implemented in the game (complete with opening and end credits). I feel like I can really pace myself and take my time with it.

Wow! Bernier's new Goalie Mask looks amazing.

https://instagram.com/p/7lZlQmAfmi/

Bernier's masks have always been good. I like that he kept the lion motif too. I like seeing goalies keep a signature design. Reminds me of Cujo and Eddie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully when Detroit wins Cleary drops down from the roof and moonwalks down the ice.

Also, go Prospect Red Wings Team!
Wonder if they'll ever include a cut scene of an octopus being thrown onto the ice and having a guy swinging it over his head, but only during the playoffs. Then of course someone will be "outraged" about it and they'll have to patch it out.

Quick

Banned
Wonder if they'll ever include a cut scene of an octopus being thrown onto the ice and having a guy swinging it over his head, but only during the playoffs. Then of course someone will be "outraged" about it and they'll have to patch it out.

If they're adding Price and Subban's triple-low five in the game, then the octopus throw should be in the game in some manner.

EA should do an animated Cherry vignette during the 1st intermission. No sound, just a text chyron at the bottom.

Quick could write it.

Top Bottom