• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

CO9LEXwUkAAiHZv.jpg

:lol

So since I'm moving to a new place and probably won't get cable (just internet), I'm thinking of getting hockeystreams so I can stream the games from my PC to my 50" TV. For those that have it, how is the quality watching it on a bigger TV?

Curufinwe

Gagne took a year off, then came back and played OK for the Bruins, then his dad died and he left the team.

Some of it came from the players. There were not-so-private complaints, for instance, from some about carrying AHL players on their lines at the start of last season.

So whose line is Rinaldo going to be on this season?

So since I'm moving to a new place and probably won't get cable (just internet), I'm thinking of getting hockeystreams so I can stream the games from my PC to my 50" TV. For those that have it, how is the quality watching it on a bigger TV?

I've been thinking the same thing, over the past three months Comcast has raised my bill $90 while my family has been watching less and less. If only GCL would let me watch my home team's games, I'd love to watch the games legally.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have a 50" smart TV, so I just watch the games on the Tv browser instead of streaming and it looks pretty damn good.

Quick

Banned

I've been slumming it with any free stream I could find, plus HockeyStreams for maybe a couple of months.

I don't generally have much luck with streams to begin with. Either my PC is old as hell, my router is garbage (I can only place it on the upper floor vs. the lower floor where I usually am), or my internet service isn't good enough. I'm leaning more towards the latter two, since I also have issues with HS on my iPhone and iPad, but I've never tried it on my Macbook Pro.

Red_Man

I've been slumming it with any free stream I could find, plus HockeyStreams for maybe a couple of months.

I don't generally have much luck with streams to begin with. Either my PC is old as hell, my router is garbage (I can only place it on the upper floor vs. the lower floor where I usually am), or my internet service isn't good enough. I'm leaning more towards the latter two, since I also have issues with HS on my iPhone and iPad, but I've never tried it on my Macbook Pro.
If you have issues with it on your iPad, it's almost definitely your Internet that's the issue. HS runs really smooth on my iPad about 95% of the time.

Quick

Banned
If you have issues with it on your iPad, it's almost definitely your Internet that's the issue. HS runs really smooth on my iPad about 95% of the time.

Yeah, I figured it was on the internet side (including my router). I'll see about upgrading both before the season starts.

Pikma

Banned

Does this only happen when you're at home or do you have the same issues while at Starbucks too?

Red_Man

Yeah, I figured it was on the internet side (including my router). I'll see about upgrading both before the season starts.
You have roommates right? It might be your router isn't strong enough to handle all the devices connected to it. I had a similar issue a couple of years ago living with 3 other people, we had to get the best router Rogers offered just so it could support all the shit everyone was connecting with.

iLLmAtlc

Ever locked yourself out of your house? I just did. Never forgot my keys in my adult life.

Now to wait for the people to come unlock the front door while I browse GAF in the backyard unable to break in.

Did it once during summer school. Found a way to break in and pissed off my sister because she felt very unsafe >_>

Did it once during summer school. Found a way to break in and pissed off my sister because she felt very unsafe >_>

I did that and broke the rusted to shit metal window... angle opening... Thing that was from the 70s that we never used because we had AC.

I'm not sure what those things are called, but we had to screw the windows shut permanently because of it, not that they weren't always shut anyway.

How do you guys stream HS to your TV?

I tried plex through my X1 a while back and it didn't work at all. It doesn't work on the X1 browser and I don't think my tv has a browser built in.

TUSR

Banned
How do you guys stream HS to your TV?

I tried plex through my X1 a while back and it didn't work at all. It doesn't work on the X1 browser and I don't think my tv has a browser built in.
HS has an 'iPlayer', which works on almost any device.

I used my PS4 last season.

Chrome Cast is popular.

Quick

Banned
Does this only happen when you're at home or do you have the same issues while at Starbucks too?

It's hard writing scripts without a solid stream. Kaep knows my curse!

You have roommates right? It might be your router isn't strong enough to handle all the devices connected to it. I had a similar issue a couple of years ago living with 3 other people, we had to get the best router Rogers offered just so it could support all the shit everyone was connecting with.

Now that I think about it, it's definitely a combination of both internet service plan and router. I've been meaning to upgrade both anyway.

Red_Man

What's the deal with the Islanders and Brock Nelson? Bergevin needs to get on that, Emelin and a 3rd.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What's the deal with the Islanders and Brock Nelson? Bergevin needs to get on that, Emelin and a 3rd.

Seems really weird. Doubly so when you consider that the Islanders have a team policy that players who don't sign before the start of training camp will not be allowed to play for the entire season.

Pikma

Banned
Adidas to be the league's new outfitter starting in 2017. Not sure what this means or why I should care about it, though.

zroid

Banned
man Mario maker is a hell of a drug. whenever I'm not home I just want go back and check if anyone new has played/commented on/starred my levels. lol

Quick

Banned
Adidas to be the league's new outfitter starting in 2017. Not sure what this means or why I should care about it, though.

Could either be Adidas replacing the Reebok logos on jerseys, since Adidas owns them, or it could lead to sweeping changes with jerseys, like the transition to the Edge jerseys before.

There's speculation that this change may also open up advertising on jerseys.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Could either be Adidas replacing the Reebok logos on jerseys, since Adidas owns them, or it could lead to sweeping changes with jerseys, like the transition to the Edge jerseys before.

There's speculation that this change may also open up advertising on jerseys.

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 15m 15 minutes ago
Bettman: NHL isn't currently considering putting ads on NHL jerseys, no discussions on it. There have been talks about it for World Cup.

Quick

Banned
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 15m 15 minutes ago
Bettman: NHL isn't currently considering putting ads on NHL jerseys, no discussions on it. There have been talks about it for World Cup.

That's good to hear, at least on NHL jerseys. But I guess he's listening to considerations to have ads on the World Cup jerseys.

Does this mean 2016-17 season or 17-18?

We need to get rid of those awful Edge jerseys we have had since the switch, every other team has transitioned away from the ugly apron stripes, yet our franchise is content looking like shit for some reason.

Quick

Banned

We need to get rid of those awful Edge jerseys we have had since the switch, every other team has transitioned away from the ugly apron stripes, yet our franchise is content looking like shit for some reason.

2017-18 probably, since they're starting at the World Cup.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@TSNBobMcKenzie: According to NYI club rules, per owner Charles Wang, if Nelson not signed by camp opening on Thurs, he's not eligible to play this season.

That's a really dumb rule

Quick

Banned
Adidas owns Reebok though, don't they? This is all silly

That's why I said that it might just be as straightforward as replacing the Reebok logo on jerseys to Adidas.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: According to NYI club rules, per owner Charles Wang, if Nelson not signed by camp opening on Thurs, he's not eligible to play this season.

That's a really dumb rule

That's super encouraging to get someone to sign with the team. I'd assume this breaks some sort of PA rule or something.

Pikma

Banned

17-18

Adidas owns Reebok though, don't they? This is all silly

Yeah but I remember reading when it was first announced a few weeks back that they're transitioning Reebok away from sports memorabilia and equipment to workout gear. Like shirts, shorts, and shoes.

Adidas is making team-based things. They're separating them from each other for whatever reason.

Top Bottom