• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Pikma

Banned
My Mario Maker courses sum up a total of 0 stars so far ;_;

Will definitely make a better one today now that I got more tools.

Quick

Banned
Yeah but I remember reading when it was first announced a few weeks back that they're transitioning Reebok away from sports memorabilia and equipment to workout gear. Like shirts, shorts, and shoes.

Adidas is making team-based things. They're separating them from each other for whatever reason.

Diversify your bonds brands.

tumblr_inline_n5le55Rpfl1qfs42e.gif

I can see where they're going with their strategy now: Adidas is for team apparel, CCM for hockey equipment, Reebok for training and workout gear.

Silexx

That's super encouraging to get someone to sign with the team. I'd assume this breaks some sort of PA rule or something.
Not at all. As per McKenzie, CBA states that a player must be signed by Dec 1st to be eligible to play. Basically, the NYI have decided that if they can't get a player to sign by camp, then they just walk from the negotiations. Player can't play without a contract.

Quick

Banned
Not at all. As per McKenzie, CBA states that a player must be signed by Dec 1st to be eligible to play. Basically, the NYI have decided that if they can't get a player to sign by camp, then they just walk from the negotiations. Player can't play without a contract.

Wait a second, he's a RFA right now? I thought he had like a year left and the Isles were just trying to extend him. Welp, pie in my face for Kessel to eat.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Back from Hawaii, with an unpaid 132.- speeding ticket...

-whistles innocently-

So how about that Virtanen kid tho

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What's the NHLGAF Fantasy looking like so far?

I've never really done one but if you're still looking for people I'll join. For instance, I have no idea what you mean when you say rotisserie vs head to head.

Samyy

I've never really done one but if you're still looking for people I'll join. For instance, I have no idea what you mean when you say rotisserie vs head to head.

So far we have 5 people for each league and 1 undecided (Pikma - unless I missed you mentioning your preference?)

Would prefer to get that up to 8 but small league just means better teams and less meh players so its fine, so yes we have room!

Rotissere is basically you accumulate points based on your "teams performance" and each team is ranked based on their points. So if there were 6 people in the league, you would be ranked 1-6 based on your teams performance.

Head-to-Head is different because you're directly competing against another member of the league for the week. This means it may be your team vs. my team, and stats accumulate for each category over the course of the week (goals, assissts, PP points, etc.) and if you accumulate more goals than me during the week you "win" the goals category. Whoever wins the most categories "wins" the week and they receive a "Win - Loss - Tie" record based on the number of categories you win/lose/tie, which accumulates over the course of the season.

Smiley90

Same... Is either like the thing we did last year?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So far we have 5 people for each league and 1 undecided (Pikma - unless I missed you mentioning your preference?)

Would prefer to get that up to 8 but small league just means better teams and less meh players so its fine, so yes we have room!

Rotissere is basically you accumulate points based on your "teams performance" and each team is ranked based on their points. So if there were 6 people in the league, you would be ranked 1-6 based on your teams performance.

Head-to-Head is different because you're directly competing against another member of the league for the week. This means it may be your team vs. my team, and stats accumulate for each category over the course of the week (goals, assissts, PP points, etc.) and if you accumulate more goals than me during the week you "win" the goals category. Whoever wins the most categories "wins" the week and they receive a "Win - Loss - Tie" record based on the number of categories you win/lose/tie, which accumulates over the course of the season.

Thanks Samyy I'd be down for whatever then, one more question. When do you guys usually do the draft?

Samyy

Thanks Samyy I'd be down for whatever then, one more question. When do you guys usually do the draft?

This year specifically I would like to do it on the weekend after September 25th, since I have an exam on that day. So either that weekend, or the next weekend would work I believe. I'm assuming a day on the weekend would work best for everyone.

All right, I'll put your name down for now and then assign you to a league a little later on if thats okay with you?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My rec hockey league starts soon. Can't wait. I also played through the summer which was great. Decided to get rid of my visor and go with a cage. Old man Schuey doesn't want to lose any teeth. Not old enough for dentures.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This year specifically I would like to do it on the weekend after the September 25th, since I have an exam on that day. So either that weekend, or the next weekend would work I believe. I'm assuming a day on the weekend would work best for everyone.

All right, I'll put your name done for now and then assign you to a league a little later on if thats okay with you?

Yeah that's fine.

Smiley90

I think Dopey asked a few pages back, but what's the interest level on an EASHL team here?

Im picking it up for PS4 today, if we can only be part of 1 team ill probably play with goatfucker and whoever else is used to playing it. Down for EASHL tho.

Did it once during summer school. Found a way to break in and pissed off my sister because she felt very unsafe >_>

Only bad thing was it was rainy today, I was a little surprised at how secure all my windows are. Didn't feel like breaking any windows. My aunt had a spare key but it was for an old lock. A little disturbing how fast the locksmith was able to just pick the locks (minutes).

How are people liking NHL 16? I think it's not bad! Haven't dove in to the many options, but I think this game is worthy of being the best console hockey game this year.

Smiley90

Only bad thing was it was rainy today, I was a little surprised at how secure all my windows are. Didn't feel like breaking any windows. My aunt had a spare key but it was for an old lock. A little disturbing how fast the locksmith was able to just pick the locks (minutes).

How are people liking NHL 16? I think it's not bad! Haven't dove in to the many options, but I think this game is worthy of being the best console hockey game this year.

:lol

Also I'll join the rotisserie league in that case

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My Mario Maker courses sum up a total of 0 stars so far ;_;

Will definitely make a better one today now that I got more tools.

The course I made got 0 stars and 6 plays. The course my 5-year old made got over 100 plays and 4 stars.

Quick

Banned
NHL 16 took Kane off everything except for the game image when the game is on the PS4 games list on the home screen.

I'm #triggered

Wrong man.

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/passion/799234d1368638200-bucket-list-hells-ya-lawrence-office-space.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sorry Kave. :(

Pikma

Banned

Count me in for the rotissere then!

Quick

Banned
oh don't get me wrong The source sucks, but at least I didn't get to play 20 questions with the annoying EBGames employee

You're telling me you don't like being scared into buying the protection plan for your game?

Because, you know dudebro, you're gonna play NHL 16 a lot, and the disc is totally gonna get scratched up, brodude!

imBask

Banned
You're telling me you don't like being scared into buying the protection plan for your game?

Because, you know dudebro, you're gonna play NHL 16 a lot, and the disc is totally gonna get scratched up, brodude!

want a protection plan?
want to preorder NHL 17 right now?
want to preorder COD?
want to preorder Hatsune Miku 18?
want to preorder the new Amiibo?
are you sure about the protection plan? you do know that CD literally explode all the time right?

Top Bottom