• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta go with Pens/Flyers, Habs/Sens, Habs/Bruins, and Kings/Sharks/Ducks. Pretty standard answers, I guess.

Also, Torts/Whatever team he's coaching's local media. We need Torts back in the league, dammit! Ooh, ooh, I know! Let Vegas take him!

zroid

Banned
Gotta go with Pens/Flyers, Habs/Sens, Habs/Bruins, and Kings/Sharks/Ducks. Pretty standard answers, I guess.

Also, Torts/Whatever team he's coaching's local media. We need Torts back in the league, dammit! Ooh, ooh, I know! Let Vegas take him!
Ron Wilson can coach one expansion team, Torts can coach the other

daily gold

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel like you're trying to rile me up with this

Bruins / Habs is always one of the better ones when the Bruin's fairweather fans feel like positng

Vanucks / Yoda became an instant classic. Honestly, we need more rivalries in here.

The salt is real when you guys play.

Makes me wish the Leafs were good so I could join in.

Although going by super old rivalries I'd hate to have beef with teethmummy or with cake boss.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Pikma or anyone else in SoCal-Age who knows: what is the absolute best fine dining restaurant in downtown San Diego? No budget constraints, I'm looking for the best.

I'm planning a bachelor party there for this weekend and I don't want to necessarily choose Fleming's, since we have one here in Newport Beach. I would much prefer a unique local place, but I don't know any at all and it's really difficult to tell the legit places apart from the tourist trap places. We'll be staying in the Gaslamp if that matters, but we can Uber anywhere. The groom casually eats at places like Mastro's as if they're Outback Steakhouse, so that's the level I'm gunning for here.

Also, Smack, I will need the name of your Carne Asada Fries vendor down there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Probably something to do with this gem of a post.

DUI's are just part of growing up man, like assault charges and chlamydia

EDIT: Sanjuro just messaged me and said he was banned for this:

It's the stereotypical, blueprint bad sequel. It's not the worst example, but one of the earlier examples of a studio just cashing in completely.

LOL what a fucking joke-ban. Apparently "people were warned about whining about ghostbusters" and he got banned LOL. Gone for another week.

Cake Boss

Banned
4th liner Mike Hoffman had his arbitration on Thursday.

Where the fuck is the signing, suppose to take only 48 hours for the decision.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
DUI's are just part of growing up man, like assault charges and chlamydia

EDIT: Sanjuro just messaged me and said he was banned for this:

LOL what a fucking joke-ban. Apparently "people were warned about whining about ghostbusters" and he got banned LOL. Gone for another week.
For THAT?!

Well, he did leave the bubble...

imBask

Banned
Ghostbusters™ by Sony Pictures Entertainment™ looks really good guys, it really is a movie for the whole family! I can't wait to see it on July 22nd, 2016*

Erdrick

Jets fans against the world was a surprise. Would have liked to see them face a Canadian team in the playoffs to see how intense it would get. Some western Canada vs. Manitoba rivalry.

I gather that the rest of the hockey world barely acknowledges our existence again, now that the new team shine has worn off. Aside from Byfuglien or the drama train that was Evadnder Kane, no one really talks about us in major sports outlets much.

We've begun to develop rivalries with our Central division brethren the past few years however. St. Louis in particular, last season. Of course, when we ended up playing 4 or 5 times in one month, tempers tend to flare. I know some Avs fans don't care for us either for some reason. Minnesota is a good one, especially since of our geographic location to each other. Lots of Jets fans go down there to see the team. Maybe Arizona due to our ties with the old franchise? I mustn't forget Chicago though. The games against them have become much more impressive over the past few years as opposed to the routs that they used to put us through. I'd love for a full on playoff series with them. Win or lose, It'd be a war and entertainment at it's finest.

For me, personally, I still resent the Oilers for the beatings that they gave our old team and even though they have been mediocre for a decade nearly, I will still never cheer for them (The exception being last spring when they beat the Kings to insure our entrance to the playoffs for the first time in ages.)

The other team that I despise with a passion, of course, are the Leafs. But I've never required an NHL team at all times to hate on them.

As the years go on, we'll develop some more intense rivalries, for sure.

Pikma

Banned
Pikma or anyone else in SoCal-Age who knows: what is the absolute best fine dining restaurant in downtown San Diego? No budget constraints, I'm looking for the best.

I'm planning a bachelor party there for this weekend and I don't want to necessarily choose Fleming's, since we have one here in Newport Beach. I would much prefer a unique local place, but I don't know any at all and it's really difficult to tell the legit places apart from the tourist trap places. We'll be staying in the Gaslamp if that matters, but we can Uber anywhere. The groom casually eats at places like Mastro's as if they're Outback Steakhouse, so that's the level I'm gunning for here.

Are you exclusively looking for a steakhouse? Or is any other type of cuisine alright? Because we have some really fine italian/french restaurants.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Introducing the new NHL polos, for when you want to represent your team and look tacky as fuck.

Montreal-Canadiens-NHL-Thematic-Polo-N35115_XL.jpg

From ESPN Denver
BREAKING: There will be an Alumni Game between the ‪#‎Avs‬ and ‪#‎Wings‬ Feb 26th, before the Stadium Series game!
The Alumni Game will feature players from both the ‪#‎Avalanche‬ and ‪#‎RedWings‬ who competed during the "rivalry era" from 1996-2002. The list of participants from the Avalanche include Hockey Hall-of-Famers Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy, Peter Forsberg and Rob Blake, while the list of attendees for the Red Wings include Hall-of-Famers Chris Chelios, Brendan Shanahan and Igor Larionov, as well as soon-to-be Hall of Famer Nicklas Lidstrom. More participants will be announced in the future.
"We have had an outstanding rivalry with the Red Wings during those years," said Avalanche Executive Vice President/General Manager Joe Sakic. "We are looking forward to experiencing this grand outdoor setting and a special weekend of hockey in Denver.

Parch

World Junior Camp thing in Calgary.
Canada is playing Russia, Czech Republic, and some other teams (I think) over the next several nights starting tmrw.
A little international competition is a nice hockey fix in summer. Hope it's serious and intense and not just all-star lame.

Samyy

Seems like MLB advanced media division is going to handle the NHL website?

A little international competition is a nice hockey fix in summer. Hope it's serious and intense and not just all-star lame.

I think these camps will be deciding WJC rosters right? Players definitely have the incentive, hoping for some good games.

Pikma

Banned
Any genre of food is on the table!
Alright, then the first ones my list would be Salvatore's Cucina Italiana and Bice Ristorante.

Salvatore's has some of the finest italian dishes I've ever had te pleasure to try, a really really good place both for the exquisite cuisine (the Filetto Alle Erbe Aromatiche is simply marvelous) and the traditional ambient/decor, their Wine selection is really good altough kinda small.

Bice Ristorante takes a more modern approach to Italian Cuisine which is also accompanied with a way more modern look/decor, which I think would fit a lot more with what you're looking for, it's also quite good and their Wine and Cheese selections is fucking ridiculously good, my favorite thing about the place, no doubt. It's also right there in Gaslamp so I guess that'd be a plus for you?

There's also an incredibly good French restaurant I could recommend you but it's not anywhere near downtown so maybe it wouldn't work.

I'll give other places a look and see what else I can recommend you. There's a lot of american restaurants but most of them, at least the ones near downtown, are too casual for what you're interested in, but I definitely think I may be forgetting other good options.

zroid

Banned

I'm not sure exactly what this means, or what will be affected, but it has to be a good thing. MLB is way better about this stuff than the NHL.

imBask

Banned

I think these camps will be deciding WJC rosters right? Players definitely have the incentive, hoping for some good games.

as long as we keep the bad headline puns I don't care

I'll ask my buddy later on tonight.

There is a Seven Grand in San Diego too. So yeah get your drink on.

Top Bottom