• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Pikma

Banned
Hopefully he transitions well. His Steve Montador video is heart-breaking.
That's actually his plan

My immediate goal is to help athletes transition to the next phase of their life — whether it’s continuing education, finding internships with companies, or networking with other athletes who are dealing with the same issues. My mission is to help guys who are dealing with anxiety, depression, and uncertainty about their future. Not down the line, not next week, but right now. 

Socreges

Banned
if Fallout 4 comes out this year and is as good as we think it is, I think it's safe to say 2015 will be up there with the greatest years

Witcher 3, MGS V and possibly Fallout 4? cmon now that's unfair
Bloodborne + The Old Hunters DLC, too

Haven't played it yet. Will be my next game after MGSV, I think

Merguson

Banned
REPORTER "Mike, you were a winner and-"

BABCOCK: "That sounded past tense. Let's try that again."

Babcock on watching video of last Leafs season "Why would I watch them be bad? It makes no sense to me."

I like this guy with the media, already.

imBask

Banned
Bloodborne + The Old Hunters DLC, too

Haven't played it yet. Will be my next game after MGSV, I think

i'm not getting in that debate again but I really didn't like Bloodborne

but yeah I guess you could add it to this list along with Halo 5 if it's good, Rocket League, Axiom Verge, Cities Skyline

what a year

New York Rangers legend Dan Carcillo announced his retirement.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/daniel-carcillo-retirement/

I really like this picture along. In the context of everything Dan is talking about
20150831_586.jpg

Pikma

Banned
Today is media day

Everyone's favorite hockey player Antoine Rousell with Sharpie behind
IMG_20150917_083841.jpg

Oduya wearing the jersey for the first time
IMG_20150917_083354.jpg

And Niemi with his fucking boring facemask
IMG_20150917_083500.jpg

Pikma

Banned
Here's my shitty, super short first level I made in Mario Maker.

0174-0000-0046-649F

Options are so limited when you start out, but I may have gotten overwhelmed if everything was available anyway.
Will give it a try later today, but I have to beat zroid's level first. :p
There's so much stuff hmmm. I don't have MGSV yet but I'll probably get that for Christmas. But I only have a few: Transformers Devastation, Yakuza 5, Shovel Knight DLC which comes out today, Star Wars Battlefront. There's probably something I'm missing.
you're missing future Game Of The Year, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer.

And no, I'm not kidding!

imBask

Banned
oh right, Dion Phaneuf is still your captain LOL

what a trainwreck this team is, both of our rivals are irrelevant now that's kinda sad

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Here's a list of all the new players for each team since there was so many players swapped around this off season :

Edit : list below

oh right, Dion Phaneuf is still your captain LOL

what a trainwreck this team is, both of our rivals are irrelevant now that's kinda sad
It's going to be amusing watching Hammond flop around all season, and the Leafs at the trade deadline should make for some great theater.

Red_Man

I'll just post the list actually:

Anaheim Ducks

Kevin Bieksa (VAN)
Carl Hagelin (NYR)
Shawn Horcoff (DAL)
Anton Khudobin (CAR)
Mike Santorelli (TOR/NSH)
Chris Stewart (BUF/MIN)

Arizona Coyotes

Steve Downie (PIT)
Boyd Gordon (EDM)
Nicklas Grossmann (PHI)
Anders Lindback (DAL/BUF)
Brad Richardson (VAN)

Buffalo Sabres

Cody Franson (TOR/NSH)
Evander Kane (WPG)
David Legwand (OTT
Robin Lehner (OTT)
Jamie McGinn (COL)
Ryan O'Reilly (COL)

Boston Bruins

Matt Beleskey (ANA)
Jimmy Hayes (FLA)
Matt Irwin (SJS)
Zac Rinaldo (PHI)

Calgary Flames

Michael Frolik (WPG)
Dougie Hamilton (BOS)

Carolina Hurricanes

Eddie Lack (VAN)
James Wisniewski (CBJ/ANA)
Kris Versteeg (CHI)

Chicago Blackhawks

Artem Anisimov (CBJ)
Trevor Daley (DAL)
Marko Dano (CBJ)
Ryan Garbutt (DAL)

Colorado Avalanche

Francois Beauchemin (ANA)
Mikhail Grigorenko (BUF)
Carl Soderberg (BOS)
Nikita Zadorov (BUF)

Columbus Blue Jackets

Gregory Campbell (BOS)
Brandon Saad (CHI)

Dallas Stars

Antti Niemi (SJS)
Johnny Oduya (CHI)
Patrick Sharp (CHI)

Detroit Red Wings

Mike Green (WSH)
Brad Richards (CHI)

Edmonton Oilers

Eric Gryba (OTT)
Lauri Korpikoski (ARI)
Mark Letestu (CBJ)
Griffin Reinhart (NYI)
Andrej Sekera (CAR/LAK)
Cam Talbot (NYR)

Florida Panthers

Reilly Smith (BOS)

Los Angeles Kings

Christian Ehrhoff (PIT)
Jhonas Enroth (BUF/DAL)
Milan Lucic (BOS)

Minnesota Wild

Mike Reilly (University of Minnesota Golden Gophers)

Montreal Canadiens

Zack Kassian (VAN)
Alexander Semin (CAR)

Nashville Predators

Cody Hodgson (BUF)
Barret Jackman (STL)
Steve Moses (Jokerit of KHL)
Max Reinhart (CGY)

New Jersey Devils

John Moore (NYR/ARI)
Kyle Palmieri (ANA)
Jiri Tlusty (CAR/WPG)

New York Islanders

Thomas Greiss (PIT)

New York Rangers

Raphael Diaz (CGY)
Emerson Etem (ANA)
Antti Raanta (CHI)
Viktor Stalberg (NSH)
Jarret Stoll (LAK)

Ottawa Senators

Re-signed several young players, including Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Mark Stone, and Mike Hoffman

Philadelphia Flyers

Sam Gagner (ARI)
Yevgeni Medvedev (Ak Bars Kazan of KHL)
Michal Neuvirth (BUF/NYI)

Pittsburgh Penguins

Nick Bonino (VAN)
Matt Cullen (NSH)
Eric Fehr (WSH)
Phil Kessel (TOR)

San Jose Sharks

Martin Jones (LAK)
Paul Martin (PIT)
Joel Ward (WSH)

St. Louis Blues

Troy Brouwer (WSH)

Tampa Bay Lightning

Erik Condra (OTT)

Toronto Maple Leafs

Taylor Beck (NSH)
Matt Hunwick (NYR)
Kasperi Kapanen (KalPa of Liiga / Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of AHL)
Martin Marincin (EDM)
Shawn Matthias (TOR)
P.-A. Parenteau (MTL)
Nick Spaling (PIT)
Daniel Winnik (TOR/PIT)

Vancouver Canucks

Matt Bartkowski (BOS)
Brandon Prust (MTL)
Brandon Sutter (PIT)

Washington Capitals

T.J. Oshie (STL)
Justin Williams (LAK)

Winnipeg Jets

Alexander Burmistrov (Ak Bars Kazan of KHL)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Will give it a try later today, but I have to beat zroid's level first. :p

you're missing future Game Of The Year, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer.

And no, I'm not kidding!

I don't have the patience to beat zroid's ghost level, sorry zroid! I don't like waiting, I need to cruise through levels as fast as possible.

Cake Boss

Banned
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 11s12 seconds ago
TOR announces it has traded for Michael Grabner

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 29s29 seconds ago View translation
In exchange: Taylor Beck, Carter Verhaeghe, Matt Finn, Tom Nilsson and Christopher Gibson

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 11s12 seconds ago
TOR announces it has traded for Michael Grabner

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 29s29 seconds ago View translation
In exchange: Taylor Beck, Carter Verhaeghe, Matt Finn, Tom Nilsson and Christopher Gibson

That's... a lot of players for Grabner alone.

Is Grabner any good?

Speedy, smart, great PK'er. Has scored 30 goals in the past, but inconsistent offensively, and plays too much of a North-South game, doesn't use his linemates (at least when he was with the Canucks).

Samyy

Taylor Beck - 4th liner
Verhaege - Was just okay in his 2nd post draft year in the O and pretty average/unnoticeable at the prospect tourney
Matt Finn - He looked bad, can't keep up with speed of the game at the prospect tourney and I guess they looked at his progress this summer and were unimpressed. It says a lot when a camp invite (Brouillard) and our 2015 2nd rounder looked better than him. Also Valiev was better than him as well.
Tom Nilsson - A good D but no offense, don't think he's really the type of D-man that fits the Leafs current philosophy (up-tempo, skating, puck-movers).
Chris Gibson - Was legitimately good last year but I think the Org believes Sparks is better and Bibeau has more potential.

So far, they've continued flushing the organizations prospect pool of the past few drafts, with players like Ross/Biggs/Mckegg/Broll/Devane/Ashton etc all leaving. This also opens up 2 spots on the Marlies D, one which they probably want Valiev to fill.
Sparks will likely be the #1G in the org and probably deserves it, only reason he was in the ECHL last year was an injury at training camp, his numbers were ridiculous during his stint there.
Verhaege I think is basically like Mckegg, he's like fine, but he would have to beat Nylander/Gauthier/Froese and a hand-full of others for a spot.

Taylor Beck - 4th liner
Verhaege - Was just okay in his 2nd post draft year in the O and pretty average/unnoticeable at the prospect tourney
Matt Finn - He looked bad, can't keep up with speed of the game at the prospect tourney and I guess they looked at his progress this summer and were unimpressed.
Tom Nilsson - A good D but not offense, don't think he's really the type of D-man that fits the Leafs current philosophy (up-tempo, skating, puck-movers).
Chris Gibson - Was legitimately good last year but I think the Org believes Sparks is better and Bibeau has more potential.

So in Summary: Jobber Prospects For Alright Player.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Verhaege and Gibson are the only guys I'm missing... And I'll forget about them tomorrow

Finn fell off the planet.

Didn't we just sign beck?

Quick

Banned
New York Rangers legend Dan Carcillo announced his retirement.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/daniel-carcillo-retirement/

He was trouble on the ice for other teams, but he seemed like a team player.

I'm hoping he gets the help he needs with his concussion issues now that he's out of the game permanently.

REPORTER "Mike, you were a winner and-"

BABCOCK: "That sounded past tense. Let's try that again."

Babcock on watching video of last Leafs season "Why would I watch them be bad? It makes no sense to me."

I like this guy with the media, already.

:lol :lol :lol

The Toronto media will be tested this season. Who will inevitably try to shatter Babcock?

Money's on Simmons to shit on Babcock the most.

I didn't really expect Horton to make it to camp. Even if he did come back, I'm not sure he'd be able to make the same impact.

I say this knowing that we have guys like Lupul that have been able to bounce back from serious injury. I also know Lupul is actually made of glass.

No media on the plane in Toronto anymore :lol

Probably for the better. I'm surprised they were even allowed there to begin with.

ALSO LEAFS TRADE FOR GRABNER.

Red_Man

I've always liked Grabner, but he's never seemed to take it to the next level in becoming a consistently great player. Should be good for the Leafs, all those prospects look like trash.

IncarceratedBob is like the NYI version of Eklund. Seems to have connections to that team, but that's it.

Yawnier

Banned
I don't think Finn and Vajayjay are ever going to be NHLers.

Vajayjay doesn't have much going for him aside from he is a wicked skater, think Victor Stalberg. He's also one of those centers who needs significant time to gel with his wingers.

Finn hasn't gone anywhere in the last three years since he was drafted and is approaching bust status. He's always a couple seconds behind the play and he still pinches in the o-zone way too much. I thought Brouillard (tryout player) looked better than him in the rookie tournament, tho small sample size of ourse.

I liked Nilsson even though he has almost zero offense to him, and with Gibson gone that makes room for Garret Sparks on the marlies.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
In what will surely be a lost season for the Leafs, you'll enjoy watching Grabner if he's healthy. Dude's speed is unmatched. He hustles, plays hard, and when healthy, can score goals. Great guy, sad to see him go.

Glad we freed up some cash though. Nelson is extended, hopefully Okposo is next.

And fuck the black jerseys, now and forever.

Top Bottom