• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Samyy

That sounds like a lot to give up for an injury prone third-liner. This is definitely a Lou trade.

Zombie dude, you gotta relax, what happened here? We gave up garbage for a potential tradeable asset at the deadline and freed up contract spots to sign our other PTOs who we can then also potentially flip at the deadline.

zroid

Banned
I don't have the patience to beat zroid's ghost level, sorry zroid! I don't like waiting, I need to cruise through levels as fast as possible.
That's okay lol, hopefully Cheep Cheep Chase and Cape Feather Cavern were more to your liking :p

I'm working on something else right now, involves jumping between saws on tracks.

Going to try your stage soon btw

Merguson

Banned
I forgot who mentioned it but this is likely for the waiver wire as well. Good number of potential young players could go on the waiver wire.

So just waive that Shane Prince dude and we'll take real good care of him.

Quick

Banned
Tweets from Jonas Siegel and Bobo.

@jonasTSN1050 said:
Grabner addition makes the prospect of William Nylander making the Leafs that much more unlikely.

@TSNBobMcKenzie said:
Key to TOR-NYI trade (6 players) was TOR losing 4 contracts, from 49 to 45, to get flexibility to sign PTOs or make waiver claim or trade.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In what will surely be a lost season for the Leafs, you'll enjoy watching Grabner if he's healthy. Dude's speed is unmatched. He hustles, plays hard, and when healthy, can score goals. Great guy, sad to see him go.
Meanwhile, I'm quite happy he's no longer on the Islanders. Grabner's speed was a real pain in the ass to deal with and a major factor in the Isles being one of the few teams that was consistently able to keep up with us.

Nice work, Toronnah.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot who mentioned it but this is likely for the waiver wire as well. Good number of potential young players could go on the waiver wire.

So just waive that Shane Prince dude and we'll take real good care of him.

Yeah, the waiver wire is going to be interesting. The Rangers alone have quite a few guys who are on one way deals or are no longer exempt from waivers, so I'm kind of expecting to see quite a few guys go.

Guys who probably won't make the opening night lineup who are vulnerable to waivers include:

Brain Gibbons
Jayson Megna
Dylan McIlrath
Marek Hrivik
Ryan Bourque
Chris Summers
Oscar Lindberg (though Lindberg probably has the best chance of making it out of this group)

And that's not counting guys like Stoll, Stalberg, Etem, Diaz, or Tanner Glass, at least one of whom would have to go down to Hartford in the event that somebody from the above group actually makes the team.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
That's okay lol, hopefully Cheep Cheep Chase and Cape Feather Cavern were more to your liking :p

I'm working on something else right now, involves jumping between saws on tracks.

Going to try your stage soon btw

Did you play that Super Meat Boy inspired level somebody made?

It was awesome.

Foggy

Lack, you magnificent bastard

Eddie_Lack_Swedish_Chef_Mask.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a more detailed explanation of how this preseason overtime situation is going to work:

If a tie preseason game goes to the three-on-three OT and remains tied after five minutes, the game will go to a shootout.

If one team is leading after three periods and the game goes to overtime, the team that was ahead at the end of regulatoin will be declared the game’s winner for record-keeping purposes regardless of the OT’s result.

There will be no shootout if a team is leading after regulation and no one scores in OT.

Unless they haven't started yet, for those that have paid attention, how have these D-men been doing in camps?

Chris Bigras
Julius Honka
Josh Morrissey
Noah Hanifin
Ryan Pulock
Madison Bowey
Anthony DeAngelo

Yes, this is fantasy question in a keeper league and looking to try to pick up a real good young D-man that may make the team this year (drafting, that is). Also, I've been keeping tabs on Provorov, so I could see him play this season as well.

Yawnier

Banned
$3m is his AAV but he's getting paid $5m in salary so it's no wonder the Isles were happy to dump him. His five year contract paid him $1m in the first year and that's gone up by $1m every year since.

Yeah I basically see this trade as the leafs absorbing Grabner's contract for 4 contract spots which will be used on PTOs (GlenX, Boyes) and/or AHL prospects.

I'm not expecting much from Grabner, sounds like he is made of glass.

Curufinwe

Lou has already gone full Mr Burns in Toronto.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13677788/nhl-toronto-maple-leafs-open-camp-high-standards

You see, Papa Lou Lamoriello met with a few core players the previous day and the message was gently, yet clearly sent. Just like during his days running the New Jersey Devils, the veteran general manager wants his players to look proper.

"Lou just wants us to be pros. Let's look like pros," goalie Jonathan Bernier, one of the players in the meeting with Lamoriello, said in French on Thursday. "When you're on the road, always wear a suit. Your haircut, your facial hair, all that stuff."

By Thursday, the word had spread to most of the players.

New Leaf P.A. Parenteau says he had his hair cut shorter just to make sure he passed the Lou test.

Top Bottom