• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Sale's done unfortunately, but I might just get them used at EB and trade back in if I finish.

I got Hotline Miami for free via PS+. That game frustrates me to no end.

I remember the hype on GAF for this game and picked it up for super cheap based on the recommendations. Game was interesting but far too frustrating to the point of becoming not any fun to play at certain points. It kinda ran it's course pretty quickly too where I just wanted to be done with it. Pretty much turned me off from even considering the sequel.

Pikma

Banned
I dug my Vita out of my drawer and I'm itching for some games for it.

Suggestions? None of that anime stuff please.

Oam1OoR.gif

Quick

Banned
Its time to jump into the world of Persona Quick.
Both Persona 4 and Persona 3 are available.
Do it!

What is Persona? Wikipedia confuses me on this.

I remember the hype on GAF for this game and picked it up for super cheap based on the recommendations. Game was interesting but far too frustrating to the point of becoming not any fun to play at certain points. It kinda ran it's course pretty quickly too where I just wanted to be done with it. Pretty much turned me off from even considering the sequel.

I got through maybe 5-6 levels before the difficulty seemed to have spiked up considerably, and I just kept dying. I actually tried it again a couple of months ago and, while I got past the last level I left, I got frustrated with the next one and just quit.

I like the simplicity and design of the game, but I don't think I'll be getting back into it.

Yawnier

Banned
Persona 3 is one of those games that is so fucking long, like many PS2 jrpgs.

I got 10 hours into it and dropped it because the dungeon crawling levels bored me.

zroid

Banned
I was just looking through my Vita library to find something to recommend... then I realized they were all platformers and "anime" games. Oops :lol

Quick

Banned
I was looking into trying Final Fantasy 10 again. That's the only FF game I ever played, and I don't think I got too far into it.

Pikma

Banned
I haven't played a platformer in a while.
Spelunky is one of my favorite games ever, I originally played it on PS3 but liked it so much I actually bought a Vita just to be able to play it on the go, and to this day it's the only Vita game I own lol.

It's not a traditional platformer though, the game has some roguelike elements, which really help giving it a lot of replay value.

GET IT, DO IT, NOW

or you could also watch some videos to find out if it's appealing to you

Quick

Banned
Really? It's 2015, who cares what you look like

Seems like part of their plan for the players to buy into the culture they're trying to establish. And it's a lesson in discipline.

Lou had the same rule in New Jersey. Clean shaven and short hair. Look presentable and professional.

Quick

Banned
Spelunky is one of my favorite games ever, I originally played it on PS3 but liked it so much I actually bought a Vita just to be able to play it on the go, and to this day it's the only Vita game I own lol.

It's not a traditional platformer though, the game has some roguelike elements, which really help giving it a lot of replay value.

GET IT, DO IT, NOW

or you could also watch some videos to find out if it's appealing to you

Actually, I think I have this thanks to PS+. :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really? It's 2015, who cares what you look like
Pretty ridiculous, especially with social media and how close fans are to the players nowadays. Why bother with this old school shit if you're trying to rebuild and move forward into the future?

Pikma

Banned
Seems like part of their plan for the players to buy into the culture they're trying to establish. And it's a lesson in discipline.

Lou had the same rule in New Jersey. Clean shaven and short hair. Look presentable and professional.
You're telling me this guy doesn't look presentable and professional?

b0ryabdiiaa8juv.jpg

Actually, I think I have this thanks to PS+. :lol

Well, that's even better!

Where is that old rolleyes smiley when I need it

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That piece of theater led me to this. Yeesh.

wat

Matt Niemo:

"Was suspended along with Merrill, but ""reportedly, only 'some' of the four named kids are accused by the school of sexual harassment... However, the ones who avoided the sexual harassment bullet are reportedly being accused of 'lewd and inappropriate behavior' for, among other things, defecating on the car of a female student, which sounds to us like...harassment.""

Afaik, the high school didn't confirm which group Nieto was in."

WAT

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Really nice! Needing to pick up the trampolines at various times to progress was cool. Especially circling back to the start.

Thanks! When I learned that you can take held items with you through pipes, I just had to put that last bit in. I had made a course earlier where you got trampolines through ?-Blocks, but it felt too gimmicky so I made something more "Mario-like."

Pikma

Banned
Thanks! When I learned that you can take held items with you through pipes, I just had to put that last bit in. I had made a course earlier where you got trampolines through ?-Blocks, but it felt too gimmicky so I made something more "Mario-like."
I played it too, it was a really cool level, and very original too!

Cindro

That Kane conference was so cringe-inducing. "Are you going to quit drinking?" "I RESPECT THE LEGAL PROCESS SO CAN'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION"

I am unbelievably disappointed in the Hawks/NHL for firmly taking Kane's side at this point in the investigation - this season is going to suck.

Can any of you imagine being so rehearsed and scripted if you had nothing to hide/were guilty of no wrong doing? "Respecting the legal process" doesn't mean you have to read some lousy prepared PR paragraph during a conference of this magnitude - you're still allowed to speak from the heart and, I don't know, maybe have some goddam conviction in your voice when you denounce the heinous allegations of being a rapist. Hilarious that Kane thinks anyone would buy his "respect for the legal process" line too, given his rowdy past.

Do the Leafs need an extra fan this year?

EDIT: I'm not even going to read bish's link. I'm sure it will be too wildly depressing :(

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What is Persona? Wikipedia confuses me on this.

I got through maybe 5-6 levels before the difficulty seemed to have spiked up considerably, and I just kept dying. I actually tried it again a couple of months ago and, while I got past the last level I left, I got frustrated with the next one and just quit.

I like the simplicity and design of the game, but I don't think I'll be getting back into it.

Hotline Miami needs mouse + keyboard imo. Only frustrating parts for me were the weird collision physics sometimes.

Leafs players aren't allowed to grow beards anymore until the playoffs, per Lou Lamiorello. I'm okay with this.

Pretty clever way of banning them forever.

Foggy

That Kane conference was so cringe-inducing. "Are you going to quit drinking?" "I RESPECT THE LEGAL PROCESS SO CAN'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION"

I am unbelievably disappointed in the Hawks/NHL for firmly taking Kane's side at this point in the investigation - this season is going to suck.

Can any of you imagine being so rehearsed and scripted if you had nothing to hide/were guilty of no wrong doing? "Respecting the legal process" doesn't mean you have to read some lousy prepared PR paragraph during a conference of this magnitude - you're still allowed to speak from the heart and, I don't know, maybe have some goddam conviction in your voice when you denounce the heinous allegations of being a rapist. Hilarious that Kane thinks anyone would buy his "respect for the legal process" line too, given his rowdy past.

Do the Leafs need an extra fan this year?

EDIT: I'm not even going to read bish's link. I'm sure it will be too wildly depressing :(

The thing that kills me about that question and that clip is that Kane's somber facade just falls away

that spreadsheet is really fucked up

good lord

Apparently there's a version of the Scott Stevens limo story that's even more graphic and disturbing. Wyshynski and Marek talked about it vaguely after the Kane stuff first blew up this summer.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That spreadsheet is wow.

I don't know if Dany Heatley in any other league would have gone on to have such a long career afterwards for instance. The NHL (as with every other sports league) has a really dark underbelly, only difference is the NHL one seems to be brushed to the side a lot easier by the public.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Can any of you imagine being so rehearsed and scripted if you had nothing to hide/were guilty of no wrong doing?

You would be absolutely mentally ill to not be rehearsed and scripted, even if you had nothing to hide/were guilty of no wrong doing. The fifth amendment is a thing for a reason.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i dunno why but finding out ovechkin turned 30 yesterday makes me feel old

ps today's my birthday :D

pps happy birthday marvie

I'm reading Jeremy Roenick's book and it's awesome.

Here is a quote about Eddie Belfour and Dave Manson.
The two most volatile players on the team were Belfour and Manson, and they often clashed verbally and even physically. Eddie didn't like his tower buzzed with high shots in practice. One time, Manson fired a shot of Eddie's head in practice, and we all knew Eddie wasn't going to let that go.

A few minutes later, Keenan had us doing a drill where the player swings across the center of the ice and takes a pass before heading into the offensive zone and shooting. As soon as Manson took off to receive the pass, Belfour charged out of his crease. When Manson made his turn and looked back for his pass, Eddie was there to crush him with a booming hit. They were both travelling at high speed. It was like a car wreck. Then, Belfour whipped off his mask and the two men fought to to toe in one of the most intense fights you will ever see.

:lol :lol :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers' training camp shirt:

bU71LHe.jpg

Clearly being real subtle about their expectations for the season.

Oh, and Max Pacioretty is officially captain of the Habs now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ooffff leafs social media coordinator Darren Dreger hyping up his fanbase hard this morning. With the additions of Boyes, Glencross and Grabner, the leafs should be competitive and maybe fight for a playoff spot this season.

Top Bottom